Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Yes
2 (20%)
No
6 (60%)
Undecided
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Are hot dogs actually sandwiches?  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Are hot dogs actually sandwiches?
« on: November 03, 2017, 03:03:40 pm »
It's National Sandwich Day! And on this day, one of the perplexing conundrums is whether a hot dog is actually considered a sandwich or not? What are your thoughts? How should a sandwich be defined?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

And just because I'm curious........what is everybody's favorite type of sandwiches they like to have?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Are hot dogs actually sandwiches?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 03:08:23 pm »
The British Sandwich Association says no.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 04:42:26 pm »
I voted yes. Meat between bread equals 'sandwich'.  But if you eat it without bread it's a sausage.

Across the pond they still use a different fork for eating salads. When they grow up and stop playing with their food they can make that call. :)
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 11:46:10 pm »
No. A sandwich is defined by having entirely separate pieces of bread. You can't just stop cutting the bun halfway through and say, "eh, close enough". That's just being lazy.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 02:36:41 pm »
I don't use hot dog buns. So for me it's between two pieces of bread.

Half or nearly in half? Technically thee is no different in flavor or how it's eaten. You still end up with meat between bread. Like a pita. Calling either not a sandwich is just playing with your food.

:)
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 12:03:22 am »
I don't use hot dog buns. So for me it's between two pieces of bread.
But then it doesn't meet the requirements of a hot dog.

Half or nearly in half? Technically thee is no different in flavor or how it's eaten. You still end up with meat between bread. Like a pita. Calling either not a sandwich is just playing with your food.

:)
Bah. Maintaining distinctions in how food is served is not "playing with" it. If flavour is all you care about, you may as well just toss the ingredients in a blender to save the trouble of chewing it. Note that the results will be neither a sandwich nor a hot dog. ;)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 01:26:32 am »
Actually if you try blending all the items together the flavor will be different than the items separated. Each item has a set of chemicals that are experienced separately in the nerves. Your tastebuds are no different than your eyes when it comes to receipting. Just as your eyes separate color, shade, intensity, depth and the like your tastebuds do the same with chemicals.  I went through some oral surgery where I had to blend food for a bit. It wasn't the best tasting, no matter what I ate. No one will ever say a soggy bowl of cereal will taste the same as a crunchy one.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 09:13:31 pm »
No, I don't believe hot dogs should be classified as a sandwich. Now hamburgers on the other hand.........well, maybe. ;)

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:46:38 am »

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 06:23:21 am »
If you actually expect me to answer this seriously, then I have to say "Why in the world are we discussing this nonsense? Does it even matter if it's a sandwich or not? It doesn't change the reason for eating it!"

But since this is a meme, I'm not going to answer this seriously. No, a hotdog is not a sandwich. However, there are exceptions to this rule. If you're eating at a beach or in a desert or something like that, and then you accidentally drop it in the sand, it magically becomes a sandwich. However, there also is an exception to that. If you have placed your hotdog in the fridge for over 30 minutes it's actually a coldcat in a hotdog disguise, and if you then drop it in the sand it doesn't magically become a sandwich because the exception above counts for hotdogs, but not coldcats. Coldcats become sandwiches if they fall in a children's sand pit, but hotdogs don't. I'm not sure what happens if you put a coldcat in the microwave before dropping it in the sand though. It... Uh...
...Look, it's very complicated, okay? I had to read a 60 page long book just about this topic in elemantary school, I can't remember every detail described in that book! And I don't care enough to go and look it up again, so just... Just use the internet or something!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 01:09:01 pm »
A sandwhich is two pieces of bread with a
filling between.  Or any object held between
other objects.  A hot dog fits that definition
unless your only counting the weenie.   :D
oldrabbit.com

Offline Shabbernigdo

• Species: Sergal
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 11:59:22 pm »
Can be.   Cut it in half and make a layer of them in between 2 pieces of bread.
For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee,