furry games and gaming discussions > gaming discussion

Sonic and Mario.... Olympics Game

<< < (2/4) > >>

ShadyWolf:
Quote (Canix @ Mar. 28 2007, 11:24 pm)But really though... Sonic vs. Mario in olympic events?

No contest. Sonic wins all.
Hahah I know... except swimming, Sonic can't swim  

Edit: Late breaking details

Quote    * Sega and Nintendo had discussions of bringing the two mascots together in a game while Sega was still in the hardware business.
    * An undisclosed Sega sports team will be the primary developer, not Sonic Team or AM2, while Nintendo and Miyamoto will also be closely involved.
    * Sega wants to reinvent Sonic, so chances are, we won’t be seeing another Sonic on another platform for awhile, Jeffrey said.
    * In why Mario gets his name ahead of Sonic in the title, Jeffrey said, “Sega’s being respectful. Mario is older than Sonic, and we’d like to give the old man some respect by letting him go first.”
    * Kaplan: I’ve been quoted saying that there’s a thin line between love and hate. Now we’re in love. And so I think when you are in love, you are very forgiving. We worked as competitors, and we always had the attitude of kicking Sonic’s behind. Now we’re willing to be together.

Via Seganerds.com

Kiboe Motegi:
this going to be on the wii?, probably

DDD:
Thats awesome! I think its cool how these companies can work together sometime to get things done!

Note: We must make eating pizza an olympic event so that mario can win one.

I like sonic, he's blue and fast. I also like mario, his character is really not that cool, but i like the mario bros movie.

Perhaps this will be like when mario and DK stopped killing each other, and starred in games together?

DDD

Icewolf:
Quite possibly DDD, after all Mario and DK mainly just shifted their, shall we say riverly, from the more violent aspects to more peaceful competitions.

Donkey Kong pited mario and DK up agaist one another, as did mario and DK, in a way that seemed like they were life long enemies. Mario Kart, Mario Party(the first few), Super Smash Bros. also put those two(and others) against one another, but in more of a "who is the best" kind of way. I can easily see Mario and Sonic going the same way.

Adrius:
Hmm, looks interesting. If I get my hands on a Wii this summer i'll definitely look into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version