Author Topic: Kumi's drawings :D  (Read 14337 times)

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
Re: Kumi's drawings :D ( i take Request and do trades :D)
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:20 pm »
neat
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline desirulz123

• The name is Kumi :3
  • Female
Re: Kumi's drawings :D
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 10:12:12 pm »
@the lone shadow wolf

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/narutogod234/shadowwolf2_zps6c534db1.jpg

This is my last request ever so yea i can't keep doing stuff for free sorry everyone interested :(

• Male
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 01:05:06 am »
pretty good is that a painting
cause i like it :)
I will see you all soon

http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

• Male
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 01:19:00 am »
sorry if i cant give anything back in return  :(

i wouldnt even know what to give
I will see you all soon

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 12:18:47 pm »
sorry if i cant give anything back in return  :(

i wouldnt even know what to give

It is ok :) yours was my last free drawing so you don't have give anything :)

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 01:32:23 pm »

Offline desirulz123

• Female

• Male
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 10:37:33 pm »
wo hoo those look good keep it up :D
I will see you all soon

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 11:13:21 am »
Your WIP is interesting. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks for sharing. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 08:42:06 pm »
Commission

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 11:21:26 pm »

Offline Kynao

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 01:07:10 am »
I'm not a illustrative artist but I have studied visual thinking heavily and I think you need some friendly objective criticism.

@Environment WIP
Bold lines have become the focal points, primarily by nature a viewer will look at the bottom left characters' faces especially the most active one (further away) and the character emphasised in the distance as well as the path (which kind of looks like a carpet?) leads the viewers' eyes around. This is good.
The perspective is a bit off, the foreground feels like it is curving downwards on the left bottom and it feels like you're using the bold to emphasise the focal point and when complete these areas may not become so much of a focal point anymore even when detail is added as the visual weight of the emphasised (bold) stack will send the right side out of balance leading the eye out of the picture through the top left.

@For a friend
The style strikes immediately, this is good and gives the piece a strong sense of character and the colours compliment each other well.
The two things either side the character (stylised trees / hand sculptures?) are near enough the same colour as the character and the negative space is leading the eye out and own away from the character which is not a good balance, the character is lacking quite a lot of rhythm in the body (left to right motion) like the character is floating and one hip should be higher considering the pose and composition to give a better asymmetrical balance, the left arm seems to cut behind the character at the joint which looks strange like a over-exaggerated armpit, try to work on your anatomy for this kind of character a bit better in future, practicing front-view poses using the gesture drawing technique.
The details here are very well contained, shape-repetition in the top part works well though shape repetition could also be added to the lower half, the eyes and the top part of the pose really emphasise a sense of focus on the character's face.

@Life study
Judging from the lighting etc I would assume you did this on a computer like the previous and you have contained the colours very well though I cannot give a full critique without knowing the original reference(s).
The shapes and their perspectives are a bit off, you perhaps were moving your head up and down which distorted this, though I figure you may have been looking down slightly more than the lower part of the can is conveying and in that case, make sure the perspective of the lower horizontal oval is in proper perspective relative to the top oval and force the shading to not look flat at the bottom as it destroy the sense of dimension. I won't consider it an error per se but you didn't finish the bottom right of the object beneath the can which can make your pictures open to visual distortion when reviewing from all of the graphic within the frame at a certain focus of the elements.
You have quite a good sense of realism considering this looks like a study focused on the overall or a few elements, though I would recommend you try studying form using a line drawing and make that accurate line-wise and paint over that considering what seems to be your natural sense of visual thinking (detail, emphasis).

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 12:34:07 pm »
I can't add anything to the above, but your doing well.. Art is a learning
process no matter how long you do it.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:09 am »
I'm not a illustrative artist but I have studied visual thinking heavily and I think you need some friendly objective criticism.

@Environment WIP
Bold lines have become the focal points, primarily by nature a viewer will look at the bottom left characters' faces especially the most active one (further away) and the character emphasised in the distance as well as the path (which kind of looks like a carpet?) leads the viewers' eyes around. This is good.
The perspective is a bit off, the foreground feels like it is curving downwards on the left bottom and it feels like you're using the bold to emphasise the focal point and when complete these areas may not become so much of a focal point anymore even when detail is added as the visual weight of the emphasised (bold) stack will send the right side out of balance leading the eye out of the picture through the top left.

@For a friend
The style strikes immediately, this is good and gives the piece a strong sense of character and the colours compliment each other well.
The two things either side the character (stylised trees / hand sculptures?) are near enough the same colour as the character and the negative space is leading the eye out and own away from the character which is not a good balance, the character is lacking quite a lot of rhythm in the body (left to right motion) like the character is floating and one hip should be higher considering the pose and composition to give a better asymmetrical balance, the left arm seems to cut behind the character at the joint which looks strange like a over-exaggerated armpit, try to work on your anatomy for this kind of character a bit better in future, practicing front-view poses using the gesture drawing technique.
The details here are very well contained, shape-repetition in the top part works well though shape repetition could also be added to the lower half, the eyes and the top part of the pose really emphasise a sense of focus on the character's face.

@Life study
Judging from the lighting etc I would assume you did this on a computer like the previous and you have contained the colours very well though I cannot give a full critique without knowing the original reference(s).
The shapes and their perspectives are a bit off, you perhaps were moving your head up and down which distorted this, though I figure you may have been looking down slightly more than the lower part of the can is conveying and in that case, make sure the perspective of the lower horizontal oval is in proper perspective relative to the top oval and force the shading to not look flat at the bottom as it destroy the sense of dimension. I won't consider it an error per se but you didn't finish the bottom right of the object beneath the can which can make your pictures open to visual distortion when reviewing from all of the graphic within the frame at a certain focus of the elements.
You have quite a good sense of realism considering this looks like a study focused on the overall or a few elements, though I would recommend you try studying form using a line drawing and make that accurate line-wise and paint over that considering what seems to be your natural sense of visual thinking (detail, emphasis).

Finally a good critique :D

I'm glad you took the time to write all that

Environment Wip

I have been trying to study perspective but i have been lacking cause i have been studying other stuff but im going to try and fix the perspective of this piece and also fix the composition im glad i could lead the eye around the picture cause im not always sure if i do that right

For a friend

I have trouble with characters alot but im trying to study anatomy so im glad i did ok at least

Life Study

here is the lines i made for it :   http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/narutogod234/lines_zpsc7ee3c08.jpg

im trying to start in lines more cause usually i start with black and white

Thanks again :)

I can't add anything to the above, but your doing well.. Art is a learning
process no matter how long you do it.

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 06:29:18 pm »

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:44 am »
Looking good.. Thanks for sharing. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 02:55:09 pm »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:26:24 pm by desirulz123 »

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 09:19:03 pm »
Great job again! You must really love doing art. :D Can't wait to see more. :)
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 11:33:27 am »
Your doing pretty well. I would suggest more action work. Still poses are
nice, but drawing your characters in action poses helps to round out your
skills.

oldrabbit.com

Offline photalysis

• Species: SynthServal
  • L·I·A·R
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 09:36:28 pm »
I like your line drawings best, I think they have the most conceptual detail going on. What I mean is, the armor and clothes designs are interesting and I can tell you concentrated your efforts on the faces, they're very expressive! I'm a big fan of conceptually rich outfits, uniforms and armor.
On a humourous note, I got a bit of a Jim Darkmagic vibe from the mage in the first link in your last post. He looks sly, and maybe a little sleazy too! :D

I feel like there's some vividness lost in the colored drawings, they look a little too blurred and pastel. But, that may just be a matter of taste. I think it works good for backdrops but I've never liked the way it looks on characters, I tend to prefer more solid colors with distinct thatching or shade contrasts. The harpy drawing for instance contains countless different shades of lightness, but two or three would be enough to suffice, and with less effort to boot.

Kynao raises some very good points about managing the viewer's attention. I'll share what has been told to me: A lazy artist is a good artist. If the viewer is only going to spare a particular region a glance, then it only needs to look good at a glance. Unless your audience is a bunch of traditional fine artists, that is. I like to think of art as a perceptual sleight of hand. Even though the bodies on the line drawings weren't fully filled out I was impressed because I was only looking at the faces, for the most part. So, it must be a matter of knowing where the viewer will look and focusing on that.

You sound like you're a bit starved for detailed commentary. You can PM me any time you like if you ever need an external impression. Explaining my thoughts on a matter with mind-numbing verbosity is what I do best!!  (: :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:38:30 pm by photalysis »
a.k.a. Tuvoi ->◊<-

Offline desirulz123

• Female
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 10:49:03 pm »
@Timberwuff Thanks for stopping by! Yes I love art so much, I will never get tired of making it :D

@Old Rabbit Thank you, I usually practice action poses with gestures everyday but I don't post them here. Mostly because I don't want to bore people with too many studies. By doing gestures I improved in poses and have better understanding of showing movement with simple lines (I think I do anyway).

Thanks for commenting again I appreciate it.

@photalysis

Thanks for advice, I'm glad you like my line drawing that is what I been working on the most this past year. After to trying to learn painting for a couple years, I have just now started figuring out line work. Though I'm still not very good at it I'm still practicing line art everyday to get better, but now I realize I have been neglecting my painting skills.

Composition was never my strong point, but I'm reading up on it more so I might be able to figure that out faster. Kynao's tips helped me a lot, I changed the WIP Environment's composition and it looks much better than before.

I love advice that is why I was happy for something detailed. In the furry community I don't see many great critiques, so when I got one I was really happy. Your advice is just as good so thanks a lot I will be messaging you soon thanks again :D     

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
The commission is very well done. 

Sketches are always good for working up new character
ideas. Looks like you have some in the works.  :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com