Author Topic: The Tale of Manor Blanc (IC)  (Read 10793 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
The Tale of Manor Blanc (IC)
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:50:31 am »
The sun shone brightly today over Manor Blanc, all seemed peaceful. Soon enough however the silence was broken by the sound of several Mercedes-Benz rolling into the grand driveway, each one carrying a lucky guest. It was a very lavish mansion, three floors, exquisite marble and stonework adorning the front of the estate with well-tended flower gardens, certainly a regal place if not a touch imposing. There was also a fountain with a mermaid statue in it in the front driveway. The guests pulled up one-by-one eager to see the beautiful place and to finally figure out why they had been invited to such a wonderous place...Seemed almost too dreamlike to be true.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
Re: The Tale of Manor Blanc (IC)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:02:07 pm »
Riél was in one such Mercedes Benz.  He spent most of the time sitting in the car with the driver in silence, but he finally spoke up when Manor Blanc came into view.

"So that's the Manor?"

"Indeed it is."

"Seems like the guy really likes to burn money."  There was a pause.  "The Chief sent me off to this thing, you know."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he tried to frame it as a performance bonus at first, and then he brought up the subject of the station's minimum vacation days policy.  Thing is, though, I think he was trying to get me to not put off my vacation days to the very last minute like he does.  He's as much of a workaholic as I am, and he probably wanted the extra time with me out of the station."

"A chance at half a million's a lot for a performance bonus."

"Oh, I'm only getting a hundred grand if I win; the rest is going to the station.  The Chief wasn't going to let all of that money go to me."

"I guess that makes sense."

The rest of the drive to the Manor took place in yet more silence.  Upon arrival, Riél exited the Mercedes before being let out and closed the door behind him.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »
Ashen had refused to ride in the rear and be chauffeured, instead he sat in the passenger seat, staring calmly out the window until the manor came into view. His ears perked up and it seemed to catch his interest, but he stayed pretty quiet, other than "Manor Blanc right?"

"That's the place sir"

"Please, don't call me sir"

He stepped out of the car stretching, his shirt rising to expose a well toned midriff with hips that looked more at home on a woman. "God it took forever to get here, all the way out from Pittsburgh"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 05:48:00 pm »
Soon enough two Identical Benz pulled up each letting out a single passanger.

(Helena)

"Can tell you haven't seen the high life much, little lady."

"You don't even know ze half of it...If i win zis money, i'm bringing my family to America. Proving zat my star vas brightest all along. I gotta vin this."

"Wow....zis is too good to be true." the purple raccoon said as she stepped out taking in the lavish surrounding, "Thank you very much sir." waving to the driver as he left. She showed up wearing her waitress uniform, a white and light blue collared shirt with a gray skirt and light blue heels, her hair tied back in a ponytail. "One step closer papa...one step closer..."

(Leon)

"Aw, damn. Hope i can preform for someone on this level of acclaim someday."

"So...what did you do for a career again?"

"Ballet dancer...i know, i know, girly as hell but I get quite the audience! If i wanna win i wanna go abroad and maybe preform for royalty!"

Soon enough Leon's car pulled up, He stepped out with a smile. "Thank ya much miss!" The white Wolf/otter hybrid stood proudly, wearing a black sleeveless shirt with baggy dark pants and a black and green skull necklace on an old chain around his neck. "I'm ready for whatever they can throw at me."

(In the interest of time, mingle for the time being i'll add the npcs as everyone else intros)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:01:02 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 06:03:20 pm »
Alda sat in the benz quietly for a short while until they pulled into the driveway. "Ya know? I might consider you as my personal chauffeur. Beats riding a taxi all the time." She got the driver's information after some hesitation on his part and she stepped out, looking upon the manor with awe. "Gorgeous," she said beginning to walk towards it. She was ready for that half million. If so, she could drop some of her clients and have more free time.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 07:28:56 pm »
(Riley)

"Hmmm...can hardly wait!" Riley said as his Benz pulled up.

"You seem confident don't you? A brash and headstrong young man."

"Of course, considering where i was and where i am now...I'd say i can do pretty damn well in this here game."

He got out of the car with a thud of the door smiling, "Have a good day." he took a deep breath, smiling as he looked on at the visage before him. "If i win...i wanna buy a mansion like this...maybe better, who knows?"

(Everyone feel free to mingle, helps to pass some time while the others intro)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 01:19:39 am »
Ashen watched as the others arrived, lounging on the steps in a somewhat suggestive position. "So, does anyone know what this contest IS? like we are obviously going after the money, but what are we doing to get it?"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 03:09:35 am »
Lance sat in the back seat of the Mercedes-Benz. He stared out the window while clutching his sheathed sword tightly in his left hand. The world rushed by as his mind raced. I wonder how this will all play out... The Mercedes-Benz pulled up to the entrance.
"Alright, bud. Ride's over." Said the driver.
"Anybody I should talk to?" Lance asks.
"Not that I know of."
Lance slung his pack over his shoulder and threaded the sheath through his belt.
"Thanks for taking me here. Have a good day." With that, he shut the door and approached the guests.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 05:10:05 am »
As the car drove down the lane of the manor Rouen was looking around at the place. "Some people just have too much money if you ask me. If they were in my shoes for a week be dead in a day." he chuckled a bit as they came to a stop. "Thanks for the drive." he opened the door and got out, leaning into the car he grabbed a large dufflebag and moved it over his shoulder with ease as he used his hips to close the door. Looking over the place with his eyes he looked towards the others that had already arrived there. Seems he was in for a fight for this prize, walking up to the house he dropped his duffle beside him with an audible thud "How many more are coming here?" he used his large left hand to brush his hair aside as he licked along his lips some his eyes looked at the doe and tried to place her "Wait a second arent you that talent agent?"

Another car approached the manor as a whistle was let out "Damn, this place is pretty big. Heck even if I don't win I could make a killing betting with this rich person and his rich friends." as they came to a stop she opened the door and dropped a cigarette butt out, stepping out onto it as she stood up putting up a hand to block out some of the sun "Ah...hope he doesn't mind smoking in the place..will suck trying to find my way outside here." her eyes looked around the place giving a wave as the white of her fur was dyed a pink color this week. Her eyes looked at Rouen and thought for a few seconds before she pointed at him and at the top of her lungs "ROUEN! YOU LOST ME A LOT OF MONEY YOU ONE ARMED BANDIT." her fur raising up a bit as she let out a grumble

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 08:21:57 am »
Alda looked at Rouen with a curious glance. How did he know her? She shrugged off the thought quickly thinking her fame must have preceded her. She opened her mouth to answer Rouen before this woman starting yelling at him. She quickly closed her mouth and observed the newcomer. She then quickly began to question and wonder why everyone else was in for this money. But one thing was for sure. She had to win this.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 10:49:47 am »
Riley went up by Ashen "I wish i completely knew, i know we're hear to play some kind of mystery game with five hundred thousand dollars in it for the winner. If i win, maybe i'll buy a mansion like this one...maybe better, who knows." he snickered. "Hope the backyard's real big, i'd love to sunbathe a bit."

Leon overheard talent agent and moved into the group near Alda. "Someone say talent agent?" Leon inquired. He brushed the dust off his pants, trying to look presentable. "Well, i am a ballet dancer if you're looking for some new faces to add to your little black book."

Helena took some time to take in the visage of the mansion in. "This would be a wonderful place to try and draw." Helena opened her suitcase, pulling out a sketchbook and pencil. She sat on the lip of the fountain and began drawing Manor Blanc. "If only i could get a closer look at ze gargoyles on the top level. Ah well, once we get inside i'll be sure to get a look."

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 03:08:28 am »
Lance unzipped his hoodie a little bit. Warmer than he expected here, but with fur as thick as his he would be warm everywhere. His fingers idly tapped the hilt of his blade and he wondered if the rich person I'm charge of the place would let him keep it.

He wandered toward the gardens to look at the flowers. Far too cold for these where I'm from he thought. He drew his sword and studied the intricate rune like design he had cut into the steel when he pulled the blade from the fire. He remembered how proud his dad was when Lance presented the blade to him. He remembered the blood, sweat and tears required to forge a blade as legendary as this. He carefully sheathed the blade and returned to the fountain.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 03:56:43 am »
Riél turned between the panther he supposed to be Rouen and the shouting husky.  Not knowing the history between the two, he then spoke to the latter.

"You're accusing this guy of theft?"

(*edit: grammar fix*)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:57:18 am by redyoshi49q »
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 04:41:58 am »
"I would like the winning very much, would help me with a few problems in my life" he sat down on the steps again pulling a book from his bag and reading it.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 10:54:30 pm »
Blinking as he was suddenly being yelled at, he turned to see the small husky woman there. "Err?" he tilted his head a bit "What do you mean I lost your money?" Rouen cracked his neck turning it a bit "I dont even know you."

Hearing the other ask if she was accusing the guy of theft she grumbled "Well not per say but, this one armed bandit lost me a good chunk of change when he went back to the fight scene missing an arm. You used to be good then I guess your ego got the best of you." she said as her fur fluffed up a bit as she walked up towards him "Why would you make that assumption you would do any good with a missing arm?"

He shook his head as he looked at the woman as she got closer "I didnt want to lose the one thing I was good at. Besides even with one arm I was still better then half of them, just took time to get used to one arm." he said as he rolled his eyes at her "Now I didnt lose you anything if you bet on me you did the bet." He grabbed his bag "Now if you'll excuse me."

Her eyes widened a bit as she felt she was being blown off..she knew it wasnt his fault. She knew the chances of betting and just lost that time. However she just felt a bit upset seeing that bet sent her into a spiral of losing. She balled her fists as he said excuse me "No excuse me." She reared back and lunged forward throwing a fist towards his stomach

His tail swished behind him a bit irritated about being blamed for something he had no control over. As he waited for her to move he watched her lunge at him. Lifting his arm fast in front of him he used the bag to block her punch and growled at her

Hitting the bag she felt as if groaned some it felt like a damn sack full of bricks. Pulling her hand back she grumbled at him

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 01:12:17 am »
Riél's expression became palpably more grave upon realizing the frivolity of the husky's accusation.  Upon seeing the husky accost Rouen, Riél approached the two, speaking in a sarcastic tone while engaging in exaggeratedly slow applause.

"Congratulations; you've proven yourself to be the utmost paragon of functional social interaction, bar none."  He then grabbed the husky by her shoulders, stared straight into her eyes, and spoke in a serious tone.  "It's time you stopped acting like a five year old, ma'am."  After a brief pause, he pushed her lightly but callously away by her shoulders and walked off behind her a short distance.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 11:15:17 pm »
(Riley)

"Eh, i've done some questionable stuff in my life." Riley responded "I'm kinda just lucky to be alive...surprised I even finished high school." He unzipped his jacket and threw it over his shoulder, revealing a tanktop showing off his muscle tone from his abs and shoulders to his arms. "When are we even gonna get to go inside come to think of it?"

(Helena)

By this time Helena had a rough sketch of the front of the mansion "Ohhh...i wonder what the inside looks like? Surely it must be fancy, lush carpets, fine oak furniture with cashmere cushions..." she seemed to be daydreaming a bit.

(Leon)

Leon decided to knock on the door "Hello? Anybody home? We're here to play the big mystery game...the one for a half a million dollars..." he sounded like he was trying to be sarcastic.

As everyone else was mingling and getting a scope of the others, four more Benz pulled into the drive way.

(Leah)

"Man...that's a lot nicer than some...well, actually all the mansions i've slept overnight in. Considering they were all abandoned and haunted."

"Looking for the change of pace then?"

"Well that is nice but hey...half a million dollars is quite the motivation is it not?"

The red panda stepped out of the Benz as it stopped, her heeled boots clicking as she walked. "Have an awesome day!" she shut the car door, her bangles clanking together. She wore a black tank which was slightly short on her with black jeans and a brown vest. "This should be fun!"

(Cheryl)

Cheryl looked out at the mansion, a stern look in her eyes "Remember...this is for the kids. For Gary...for Sarah..."

"Kids back home, eh?"

"Yeah...first one from a failed marriage...second from the fiancee."

She stepped out as the car pulled up to the mansion. "Enjoy your day sir." She wore a blue tubetop under a suede jacket with dark jeans and wedge heels, and for being forty-five...didn't really look forty-five between her fairly smooth skin and many tattoos on her arms, neck, shoulders and hands.

(Mark)

Mark looked on at the mansion happily "This is nice, quite quaint in fact...seems like a great place to go and forget..."

"Why? You trying to forget things?"

"Nah...Though i need this change of scenery. Being in the medical field can be very stressful after all."

Mark felt the car stop and slowly stepped out, he waved to the driver as he drove off. "Alright Mark....this is it, this is where you get everything back in order...this is the beginning..." The red wolf wore a pair of jeans with a green button-front shirt and nice brown dress shoes.

(Marie)

"Well, this is quite the assignment..." Marie said looking onward at the imposing mansion.

"You said you were a cop, right?"

"Yeah, got my invitation here first day on the job...kinda strange but hey, maybe this is a welcome to the force gift for all i know."

The cardinal walked out of the Benz in a knee-length brown dress with a gold necklace and heels. "Thank you very much sir. You stay safe now!" she said as the driver drove off.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 12:36:52 am »
Ashen simply watched all this, looking entertained. until Riley took off his jacket. That definitely caught his attention "What do you mean by questionable? I could really tell you a few stories if you're interested, I uh...I guess we could knock on the doo? I don't believe i've seen anyone do so so far"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:08:24 pm by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 07:04:38 am »
The patter of his feet were beginning to drag along the warm gravel of the roads as the white wolf pressed on under the burning sun.  The Arctic Wolf puffed silently to himself trekking gradually passing the turfed moors gathering into large swells of rolling hill tops.  His green vest and dark trouser were lightly damp with the sweat pumping down his working body.  A green puffed up backpack dangled slightly, clinging into the wolf's shoulders.  He felt no regrets though, the black cars seemed a smidgen of mockery and would of left a bitter taste in his mouth.  Still they served a purpose as each one passed him in the direction he was heading, only confirming that it was the right direction.

The breeze picked up slightly, fanning his fur with fresh air as his temperatures calmed.  His eyes relaxed at these blissful strokes, reminding him of an innocence within him that could behold the beauty surrounding his footsteps.  He longed to return to that state someday, to break down the iron walls that boiled his passions into charcoal flames, smogging his rationality with bull-headed stubbornness.

He growled as his memories whipped into unwanted territories, lashing throbbing pains of anger towards people.  He marched on over a small lumped blind summit fuelled with raw energy.  A sigh of anxiety forged from the base of his belly as the mound exposed the distant manor.  He pressed on with a greater beating of his inner drum, jogging on with the flurry of butterflies that flapped to the hammering down upon the base.

Time passed significantly as more cars passed, sparking an enthusiastic flame to chase them down as he raced on towards his enclosing destination.  His ears pricked up, mused by the soft mumbling of the trickling fountain.  He hastened for as long as his beating heart could will it before the flames burnt out, stalling him into a lazy trek for the remainder of the way.  Sounds of talk rippled along the fountain before the reveal to the front of the manor filled with guests.  His eyes were more focused on the rich minerals ejecting from the fountain as he did not hesitate to reach his arms in.  The water was cool, sending soothing sensations down through his body becoming aware of the aches of long journeys.  He cupped his hands and splashed his face in rejuvenation, congratulating his victory on his voyage.  Repeating over and over he finally takes a swig of the cold refreshments and takes his last deep sigh for the moment.  The White Arctic Wolf had made it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:17:47 am by Natura Wolf »

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 08:20:12 pm »
Rouen chuckled at the Husky as he began to move his bag down to the ground letting it go again "I didn't have an ego trip...nor did I tell you to bet on me. That was your mistake and the reason I went back is because it is all I know." he watched as the black male wolf began to talk towards the husky. He was giving her a piece of his mind though, hoped the wolf knew what he was getting into with the husky's already shown bad attitude

Elis looked at Rouen grumbling as he spoke about how she didnt need to bet on him and as she went to reply she felt her shoulders grabbed and face to face with a black wolf. Sarcasm dripped from his words as her fur was standing on end, she tensed up as she glared into his eyes. The moment she was pushed aside her eye twitched "You..dont ever touch me. OR lecture me like you are my father." She balled up her fist again and lunged at him "Gonna break your arms when I'm done."

As this was going on Rouen watched the people knocking on the door and asking about the contest. His ears began to twitch when he heard more cars approach. Watching more people get out of the benz he watched each one closely before his eyes went to seeing a white wolf run up and straight to the fountain next to them. He was splashing his face with it and looked as if he had been on a long run. Opening his mouth to say something he saw the attack on the black wolf, he moved fast for his large size and ended up behind Elis "Behave...now Lay down." He moved his arm around her neck twisted around  and flung her over his back. Letting go of her after he got her over he sent her flying into the fountain

The moment a large arm wrapped around her neck she tensed. When she was told to lay down and behave she didnt even get a growl out just a loud yelp as she went flying head over heel into the fountain splashing water. Sitting up in the fountain she sputtered and coughed a bit...it was ice cold and she shook a bit "I..hate...all of you."

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 12:36:55 am »
Lance was sprayed by the splash of water, but he didn't care. He stood from his place next to the fountain and dug a soft towel out of his pack and offered it to the lady who was thrown into the fountain. She didn't want it, but he helped her out of the fountain and draped his towel over her shoulders anyway. "Go ahead and keep it," Lance says in his naturally deep and gentle voice, "you might need it again." She thanked him quietly and Lance nodded and took his spare towel out and dried himself off. He returned his items to his pack and sat by the fountain again.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:43:13 am by Doc »

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 02:33:25 am »
Riél somewhat expected the husky to be upset by his demeanor.  He had also somewhat expected the husky to become physical in response to his lecture, which is why he turned around as he heard the husky's tone escalate.

What he didn't expect was for Rouen to intervene and stop her assault on his behalf.  He saw the husky's punch come within inches of his jaw before she was pulled away by the panther.  As the husky hit the fountain, Riél let out a sigh, shook his head, and approached Rouen.

"Protip: avoid excessive force in your martial arts; it helps to save you from personal injury lawsuits.  Yes, aggressors can and do win those kinds of suits.  You have to use this muscle, too."  As he said those final words, Riél gave Rouen's forehead two taps with his pointer finger.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 01:24:34 pm »
Natura gazed his head up just as a miniature tide ejected onto himself in a chilling force.  His body shivered upon the contact as he takes in a low growl from the overbearing of cold water.  His eyes shot to the source of the spray, finding a drowned looking Husky being aided by a timber wolf.  It suddenly dawned on him that this atmosphere certainly wasn't a peaceful one, deceptive by the fresh grounds that surrounded them alluringly.

Natura's paws padded himself down, brushing away the loose drips of water away from his soaked clothes and fur.  He immediately retrieved his backpack away from the fountain, relieved to feel it's familiar dry fabric.  Shaking the rest of the water off, his attention passively moved to the group as he studied around, quietly wondering who he was meant to contact

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 01:38:00 am »
(sorry been busy irl to reply and a side note to all please dont rp my character responding to your character. It is a massive pet peeve of mine)

Rouen chuckled some after the husky hit the water "Hmph isn't right to attack from behind." he said towards the husky before he heard Riel speak towards him "Hmm? Oh yeah I guess so but, to be fair she attacked first what I did was nothing more then defending someone." he chuckled as he felt the poke to his head and tilted it some "I use it, just someday I just react. Being a former prize fighter does that do someone." he held his paw out to him "Name is Rouen underground Prize fighter retired."

Sitting there she spat to the side as she started to get up, as the timber wolf tried to help she growled at him "Touch me I'll break your leg." she stepped out of the water and began to shake herself dry "I really need a hot shower after some big THUG threw me into the water." Elis began to wring out a bit of her clothing and saw the towel offered to her grabbed it drying her face "I guess while we wait we should at least get to know each other's names I'm Elis Professional gambler. Won two world poker tournaments, always up for a good bet as well."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 07:47:34 am »
(i'm just sitting here waiting for t-yoshi to reply)