Author Topic: Operation Icebreaker (IC Game)  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Operation Icebreaker (IC Game)
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:39:08 pm »
After greeting each newly assigned crewmember, commenting on uniform from time to time, Captain Kursk removes his cap. Casting a smiling glance across the long, low room, he gives a quick salute to your new petty officer and swiftly leaves.

"I am Petty Officer Dunkirk, I will be supervising all of you for the duration of your assignment, alongside my other duties..." A tidy looking snow fox chimes in from nearby the door, where he had stopped as he entered with the Captain earlier. His voice was soft but he projected it well, and it seemed unchanged in pitch or tone so long as he spoke, it was a sharp change from the fairly cheery commanding voice of the Captain.

He began to slide back his sleeve to check his watch, "The time is noooow...0450 hours, I want you all ready for the plane to Kitsap Naval Base in Bangor, Maine in ten minutes, when there you will board the USS Kennedy, where you will remain for the next 3 months. You will all be briefed fully on your current mission once aboard. Take the time to get to know each other a little, and put your letters in the box by the parking areas, there's no postman where you're going...Diiiismissed!.."

He allowed himself a wry smile and then he was gone, the sighs of your tired and achy crew members mixing with the cold crack of boots on polished floor.

You feel happy that you did as you were told and packed that ready bag the night before.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:48:03 pm by Jackie »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Operation Icebreaker (IC Game)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:14:32 pm »
"Well, this'll be fun..." Myre muttered, pulling the ready bag in question from under her bunk and pulling the strap over her shoulder, her tail giving a slight rattle as she did so. She examined the other crew members, simultaneously with her eyes and her heat sensors, then started out of the bunk room to the airstrip.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:51:01 pm »
Drahoslav grabbed his things including a wool blanket for some comfort. He remained silent occasionally glancing Up at the new faces he will soon meet. He zipped his bag up and headed out following a little far behind Myre. He talked to himself in Czech as he went along.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 03:22:36 pm »
Cusif looked sad as he picked up a picture of his family out of his bag. He looked at it briefly and let out a big sigh. "I hope this is worth it..." He said. He then put the picture in his pocket and picked up his belongings. He stayed in the back as he walked behind someone else.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:59:58 pm by Arachnid »
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 06:32:04 pm »
Harvey stood for the speech and then when they were all done he grabbed his things. A solid spatula handle hung out of the top of the duffle bag. The raptor huffed and lifted the bag over his shoulder. "Months under the ocean... Hopefully they have plenty of food for me... Unless they plan on me getting experimental with MRE's." He said to himself walking with ease with his bag. It was a wonder he was just a cook. He followed the rest of his soon to be shipmates, and caught up looking them over and seeing who was what.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:36:25 pm by Kalam »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 07:17:23 pm »
Skye hefted his bag up with some degree of difficulty. He was pretty small for a full grown man...but then his mother was a Netherland dwarf, and his smaller stature meant he did pretty well in his maintenance, allowing him to climb as high as he had...All that and he had packed a few extra things of his to take with him. "uff...Well, I suppose here goes nothing, Shouldn't be surprised though, I hear we've been running low on enlistees who can pass the nuke classes, and there's six of us here...one more than we actually need"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »
You are all efficiently ushered onto the huge Globemaster aircraft by a pair of airmen who await your arrival. The pilot of the plane appears to be stood halfway behind the cockpit door which was ajar, talking to your superior, Captain Kursk. Kursk gives him a nod of acknowledgement and then they both vanish behind the heavy door.

After Dunkirk has finished with his headcount he checks over everyone once more, while you are all lumped with a brown paper bag, containing one sandwhich of questionable contents, a bruised apple, an off brand chocolate bar, and a single bottle of water.

The engines start, and you spend the time for flight checks getting yourselves comfortable, you feel the aircraft begin to accelerate and wait for the lift.

As you are ordered to ensure the security of your seatbelts the Laika that would be your commanding officer quickly rushes from the front of the plane to retrieve a previously ringing sat phone from the outstretched arm of the fox petty officer.

He smiles awkwardly to himself, and begins to answer the phone as he hastily retreats once more to the cockpit. You swear you hear a hushed "Mr President" in there somewhere, but you can't be sure. The heavy door slams once more.

The fox Dunkirk takes a seat with everyone and continues to scribble unknowns on his papers. Before you know it you are rising into the heavens...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:39:49 pm by Jackie »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Daniel

• Species: Black Cat.
  • I will make a impact!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 09:55:40 pm »
Frenzy takes a deep breath after almost the flight due to the fact that he was to busy looking at himself in the mirror preparing his fur and teeth for the flight. "I am here, I will make a impact, I can, I will, I must." 

Frenzy is known for making perfection the bare minimum and he has his sights on top. Just hope his mouth doesn't run off to much. Even if his mouth is always flapping he always is listening ready for the next challenge. That's what this is just a little challenge.

Frenzy then fixes his fur for the 100 billionth time. He does this when he is nervous but he isn't nervous more like unsure.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:46:10 am by Daniel »
#CookieShoutout

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 12:44:29 am »
Drah looked at the contents and took the bottle of water and the Apple. He put the rest of the food under his seat. He took a sip of the water and looked for someone of high rank, he spotted Dunkirk "Sir! how many hours till we reachh our destination?"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:46:58 am by Amducious »

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 09:51:07 pm »
Harvey boarded the plane and... Admired the contents, of the bag given to him. "If this is what's to come. I was right before." He groaned and didn't sit well in the seats and required two, one for his tail since there wasn't any other space for it. He growled and just sipped on the water as they flew. "At least you can't ruin water too much." He watched as one of the guys by him asked how long the flight was. Long enough would've been his reply.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
Skye pried open the two slices of bread sniffing at the sandwich "I uh...I can't eat this, I'm a herbivore..." He knew the military usually showed more favor to predators, and he hated it...But he loved his job, and there really weren't many nuclear reactors in the civilian sector...in the world.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 01:26:56 pm »
Myre sat the bag of barely passable food aside and looked the others over again, this time a bit longer. Her gaze finally settled on Harvey; he was a fellow reptile, and possibly an asset should she ever need one.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 01:48:53 pm »
Cusif looked around and saw some frowns when opening there bags so he didn't bother opening his. Thinking what he could do to entertain himself during the ride. He just  decided to rest a bit. "Somebody wake me up when we land please" he said. He snoozed off shortly after.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:51:05 pm by Arachnid »
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 10:51:59 am »
Alexander twitched his tail tip nervously, trying to appear calm as he look down at his lunch and shook his head. "I think I'll pass on those..." He did take the water bottle, opening it and taking a small sip, trying to take his mind off the nervousness of being on a plane...
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 07:41:55 am »
Skye frowned. Ignored with no response as per usual. He sat the bagged lunch aside, pulling a book from his back pocket and picking up on the spot where he had left off reading. anyone bothered to look at the title would see it was a book about theoretical particle physics.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 03:44:31 pm »
Harvey took a better look around now once things sort of settled. While occasionally taking a sip of water he checked the other crew out some. Including one hybrid that seemed to be doing the same thing, checking him out. He didn't really acknowledge it right now and instead checked on the other crew mates. Nothing was notable enough for him just yet except Myre...

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »
After what would seem to be an era to some, the four huge turbofan engines seem to be humming a little smoother than before, the aircraft is beginning its descent.

[[PLEASE FASTEN SEATBELTS]]

The ding of the seatbelt warning signs is a sharp cut into the monotonous background tones of the flight.

One crew member's stomach didn't appear to have taken too well to the contents of the brown "goodie" bags, and he looked as though he could have violently ejected his breakfast into his lap at any moment. Dunkirk promptly took the first moment away from the telephone in the past hour to tip the crewmember's brown bag upside down, emptying it of its remnants, and camly warning him that if he missed the bag he would be cleaning it.

After a short period you are on the ground. An aircrew member opens the bay door and you are greeted with a grey, and very cold nightscape on the colourful airstrip. Four minibuses are waiting for you off the side.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 07:36:54 pm »
Drahoslav unbuckled his seatbelt, and grabbed his duffle bag. He mumbled "cold....like home." He walked toward the minibuses, waiting for everybody else. He looked around, trying to figure out were they might be.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 10:52:33 pm »
"This is how I imagine hell to be..." Myre muttered, the reptile in her naturally hating the cold. She walked to the minibus at the front of the line and climbed on board, taking the first seat.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:23 pm »
Skye shivered, his winter coat hadn't had time to grow in yet since he was stationed somewhere warm before he got here. He made his way quickly, but orderly to the closest minibus, the first one, and sat down in the second seat since the first had already been taken. Having a seat he pulled his arms around himself, rubbing rapidly to try to warm himself before donning a hat that covered his ears.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 12:03:38 am »
The landing and ride down the strip was fine... It was when the doors opened that Harvey had a problem. It was freezing! He wasn't ready for just how cold it was. He kept composed though and unbuckled, grabbed his gear, and found his way down the ramp and towards the buses. He even took the extra time to go to the second bus to get the first and closest to the heater kind of seat. He kept his bag with him.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 12:19:42 am »
Drahoslav saw Harvey go into the second bus and decided he'd go into the same bus. He sat down across from him, his accent more noticeable "Hello, I'm Drahoslav and you are?"

Offline Daniel

• Species: Black Cat.
  • I will make a impact!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 04:47:19 pm »
Frenzy wasn't to thrilled about being greeted by the freezing cold but he put on a sweater his mom insisted that he take with him.

Frenzy: I guess mom was right

Frenzy starts to squirm  in the uncomfortable, and itchy sweater.
Frenzy looked at the bag of food again,  thinking to himself about when he would actually eat its contents. Frenzy doesn't do off brand.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:11:28 pm by Daniel »
#CookieShoutout

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 04:04:53 am »
Harvey gave a simple nod to Drahoslov once he got in and sat across. "I hope you don't want the heater... You can't have it." He said with both hands over it. This was no place for him and the second they could get somewhere warmer he would be thankful, and be there stat. Once he was a slight bit warmer he finally answered the question given to him. "Harvey. Your cook."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 04:10:49 am »
(First of all Daniel, why would your character know my name? I have yet to use it in conversation  in this RP, and from the intro post I'm to assume we are all strangers, second, what's with the format?)