Author Topic: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)  (Read 15589 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:18:49 pm »
Another day, another moment in history....

The glistening towers of the city gleamed in the night as Romeo glowered out of the window of Shadow Corp's New York branch office. The A.I. on his wrist whirred to life, bowing to him and speaking in her quiet, synthetic chirp. "Good evening Mr. Faust. Please do not forget your military conference at 8:30, and your meeting with the museum commitee at 10:00. Also, I took the liberty of organizing your files." Faust sighed, rubbing his temples with one techno-organic paw. "Thank you Aileta. Anything else?" "Yes sir. Tasuneviir and Reaper are being routed to your office. Supervisors have assigned the two to your orders sir." "Yes, thank you..."

Tasuneviir and Reaper both recieved simultaneous calls from the higher ups of shadow corp. The message was simple. Report to the New york city branch office of shadow corp, and report to A.I. designer Romeo Faust for further missions. These orders are of a delicate nature, and the pay will match.

Mikhail and Killswitch are similarly dispatched to New york city, with orders to keep tabs on shadow-corp's activities. They have recieved anonymous tip offs that the corporation is illegally producing and selling nano-technology, but to verify, they will need to capture and interrogate a high-ranking fur in the corporation itself. This is not a job that can be accomplished by moles and turncoats.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
Killswitch arrived in a cargo trailer, booting up upon arrival and standing, moving to the door and waiting for his handler as a quick briefing scrolled down his HUD. Cutting through the ranks of a criminal organization wasn't the hard part in his mind, it was capturing the target that would be the problem; he was, after all, built to take criminals down.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 10:57:59 pm »
Artyom was getting up from his usally breakfast; eggs and a cup of coffee. He went over to his wall safe, punching in a code. It opened up revealing his HASR, magazines, ammo, and his revolver. Each mag was labeled with what type of ammo it was loaded with. He grabbed his two guns and proceeded to take them apart for his routine cleaning. Grabbed his ghillie suit and inspected it. "Time to take care of some business." He mumbled, putting a fresh mag into his HASR, chambering a round.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 01:50:29 am »
Checking over his rapier as he reviewed his orders he eyed Killswitch was being involved. Having to work with someone was one thing but, why did it have to be this one? A feral killing machine isnt really the easiest thing to hide nor was it efficient. Though it could prove beneficial if it can take out heavily armed guards around one of the ShadowCorp officials they should be able to capture one. "I don't need to tell you how important this job is Killswitch. Let us try to restrain ourselves when we go in for a capture ok?" he swung the door open and looked fully at the other "We may need to find a way to transport you more discreetly through town. Any suggestions? I was gonna say trunk of the car but, you may weigh it down." He grinned sheathing his rapier

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 02:22:23 am »
"I would not fit in a car trunk." Killswitch said flatly, stepping out of the trailer and scanning over the area with each of his visual overlays, then starting towards where his HUD indicated the armory to be. "Calculations reveal walking to have the highest success rate... Running diagnostic..." As he walked, his internal processor scanned over both his mechanical and living parts, checking for damage and run efficiency. "No damage detected... Processor running at peak efficiency. Temperature at minimum. Weapon rack 1 empty. Weapon rack 2 empty."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 02:31:26 am »
"Oh goody do you at least have a leash?" he smirked walking behind him as he listened to him run a scan "Does explain the extra ammo in the armory. So you suggest walking should I remove your weapons to not draw attention? I'm gonna be carring my stuff in a duffle bag." he started to move the door to the armory open and peered inside his left eye checking for heat first then did an xray scan "We can get what we need here and head out. If all goes well should be back in time for a nice cup of tea."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 08:21:34 am »
"Protocol reccomends equipping and arming weapons prior to deployment as too much time may be required in an emergency situation." Killswitch replied, stopping in the middle of the armory, his weapon holders clicking open as he laid down.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:14 pm »
Allorah had remained quiet until now. She groaned unhappily. "Will you two just shut up?! I've nearly heard enough of your bickering on the way over here. This isn't some sort of contest. We're a team and I expect you both to act like it."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 10:09:54 pm »
Hearing Allorah he chuckled a bit grinning "You know I think Killswitch comes with a muzzle...I think it will fit you Allorah." he saw Killswitch open it's weapon hatches "Let me see here." he grabbed the ones sent over for Killswitch and grunted "Damn...little heavy." he put them into place and stepped back from Kill "Ok there you are all set up." he looked through the shelves and grabbed a few magazines for his handguns, walking through the armory to see what else they had "Oh hey clothing as well. Really went all out didnt they?" he moved a few things around before grabbing a black leather trenchcoat and threw it on "Wonder if there is ballistic fibers on some of this stuff."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 11:08:30 pm »
A polite cough from behind them signified the arrival of one of their government contacts, a tall tigress with plantinum blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Lady Grey. "Now now, come along children, if you dont stop bickering ill be forced to spank you. Now. Your mission. We need you to seek out and retrieve a high ranking member of the shadow corporations inner workings. We do not need a simple shift manager. We need someone who would have command and pull with the company. Do this well, and your pay will be substantial, as well as what im sure will be a deep personal satisfaction at removing a band of criminals from the world."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 11:19:10 pm »
"Arming weapons." Killswitch said, the weapon holders locking down and scanning the weapons to determine ballistics and ammo capacity. "Objective confirmed. Eliminate lower ranking targets and capture high ranking."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 01:45:16 am »
"And who will be in charge of the squadron during the mission," Allorah asked curiously. Deep down she had hoped it was her so she could get the respect she deserved from her fellow teammates.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 03:32:33 am »
She smirked. "Your enthusiasm is heartening killswitch. And Mrs. Allorah, I wonder, perhaps, if you have any suggestions to the leadership of this mission? I am sure you are dying to share."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 04:13:40 am »
Dakota was up watching through the window of his top floor penthouse. The window had weather, news, and more. He was doing two things, sorting the news for anything of his old gang and watching the furs of the street below. The street was only important now because of the burning wreck by the side of the road. Someone had tried to double cross him, so he made sure they couldn't. Satisfied with it he left for the kitchen, grabbed a phone and called someone. "Where's that help I asked for? I need the new guy here now." The other guy on the phone explained that his new employee had gotten stopped in heavy traffic. Dakota wasn't entirely pleased with that. "He'll have to make up the time then.." He said ending the call.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:20 am »
"You would be of course Madam but, need to learn sign language." he said before he started to rummage through a few of the cases there looking at what they had "Yes let us hear your plans because, it seems Kill here is ready to start blowing away Shadowcorp. This is perhaps the closest we got to catching someone high up and I need to ask some questions to whoever we get."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 01:27:01 am »
"I do indeed have a suggestion if I may do so. I believe I am fully capable of leading this squad into capturing our prime target. This group is in utter disarray and I believe if I were in charge, I could straighten them out."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 08:11:22 pm »
Tava sighed as she sat in the Limo. She'd been in deep cover for three years now acting as a bodyguard for this shadowcorp employee. It was the same today as ever, get dressed, covering up her bodysuit with the grey suit uniform that all the bodyguards wore and follow this guy from meeting to meeting. On the bright side, today she had made great progress, he usually only took two of his guards at a time into a meeting with him, but Greg was three weeks away from retirement, they'd have to find someone else to go in the meetings with him. Today he had picked her, unfortunately the meeting was a predictably boring one about foreign stock options, but she was still getting closer to him...exactly what she'd need to steal the nanotechnology for Wunderland. Deep cover meant that she'd only contact Wunderland a few times a year, but the problem is...their contact was two months overdue. It troubled her, but she stayed calm as she watched the fat weasel she was guarding sip his wine.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »
Artyom grabbed his HASR and his revolver, putting them in a bag. He walked out his front door, locking it. "Here we are." He opened the trunk of his car, he took his revolver up front with him. He loaded it up with hollow points, and put it under his seat. Starting his car, he drove off. He lived close to were some of the gang activity was; taking the back streets to avoid any trouble was a smart idea. He stopped close to an alley way, and climbed the fire escape to the roof. Once he was at the top, he loaded up and put on his ghillie suit. Artyom set up his rifle, opening up the bipod. He wanted to practice recon, so he watched the penthouse not knowing who he might find. He put his scope into high power. The scope occasionally hitting the sunlight, and flickering in the distance.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:24:57 pm by Amducious »

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 12:16:46 pm »
Dakota wasn't all too POed about the situation really. Traffic from where they came from was rather difficult in the least. Though the new guy should have planned accordingly. "Bring up TV with news on the window facing me." He called out loud and on the windows of one side of the room popped up tv and the other things he viewed from before. Unknowingly blocking himself from view somewhat for a certain someone. Though after viewing everything for a moment a rather annoying shimmering caught his attention, and he stared over to the other building. He turned and seemingly ignored it sitting down on the couch and watching the news.

He brought up his radio and called for his lead. "Have a sweep of the building across from me. The roof. I don't know what's up there but if it's a shooter I'd like a word with them. Especially if they figure out the windows are bullet proof." He put the radio down and then relaxed. Three guards headed across the street below to the other building and started their way up. "I wonder if he can read my mouthing from there..." He said with a little chuckle. If it was after all a hitman or something similar.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:22:05 pm by Kalam »

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »
The tigress smirked. "Could you indeed? Well, I am sure that the higher ups will be pleased to hear about that. Very well. You are temporarily placed in charge of this squad. Do not fail us. While, as I said, the benefits of this mission will be lavish, the penalties for failure will be similarly..." She chuckled grimly. "Dire."

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:39 pm »
"Hmm damn it, you're about to lose some good furs." Artyom changed out his mag of AP to HEI (High Explsoive Incendiary). He slowly crawled from his position. Looking down from were he was he had and advantage. The fire escape and the roof entrance were the only ways down and up. The fire escape was a faster way but he risked getting caught in the open. Artyom was a risk taker, so he started to make his way down the fire escape. Keeping his HASR pointed near the entrance of the alley way; he slowly made his way down.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:13:11 pm by Amducious »

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:12 pm »
Dakota growled as soon as not only was it proved it was a sniper for him. But he was running already. "Two of you go back down." He called as the first one brief through the roof access door. The other growled and then went ahead on down. Dakota though he grabbed his IRPR (internal round printing rifle) and headed up to his own roof unprotected... Once he exited he looked over the side and called to the guy. "You know I'm retired right? Who wants you kill me huh? I can pay you double or even triple whatever it is I bet. My word don't mean much to you I'm sure. You been brainwashed to believe I'm a bad one to know. I'll have you know... My guys aren't there to kill you. I just wanna talk." He yelled all this over the side of his building with no cover except for angles. "Would I be up here in the open for nothing?"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 11:52:17 pm »
Allorah was somewhat intimidated. She quickly nodded and saluted. "Yes ma'am. Our mission will not fail. Failure is not an option for us," she said with a confident smile.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 11:59:34 pm »
"There is a non-zero chance of failure." Killswitch added in flatly after quickly running the numbers based off of what they knew already. "Probability increases with unknown variables..."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 12:09:05 am »
Artyom jumped down the last few feet. He cursed under his breath "so much for recon practice." He didn't want to get his car shot up, so he looked for another way. "I'm not here to kill you! It's hard to explain!" As he said this, he eased himself out of cover slowly. "Look no tricks or anything alright?!" He slung his HASR over his shoulder; he walked towards Dakota's area. Artyom was already concerned that they might have snipers too. "What am I thinking right now?" His mind raced with thoughts, and if something would go wrong he would make a run for it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:10:58 am by Amducious »