Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3135 times)

Offline ffximoogle

• Species: Okapi
  • Female
Hello
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:18:20 pm »
Hello! I am a newer member to the fandom. It took me finally hitting a convention to admit to myself that I am a furry! I thank you all for being welcoming and I hope to meet new friends soon.

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:01:37 am »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!
I took the red pill...

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 11:00:47 am »
Welcome to furtopia

I hope you have a nice stay.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
    Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
    How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
    Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
    What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:13:55 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline ffximoogle

• Female
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 02:09:21 pm »
I can glady answer those for you!!!

I have know about the furry fandom for quite a long time. I have had friends in the fandom for a long time and I have always been in awe at the amazing charity work done by the group. For the past three years I have been cosplaying Judy Hopps because well, she freaking rocks. So I had decided to go to AnthroNewEngland as her for a fun day out and meet up with some other friends I knew was going. I have never had more fun or felt more welcomed at a convention as I did there. My hubby kept saying I just needed to admit the obvious and come out as a furry, so I said ok I will, so here I am!!!
As for a fursona I am working that out in my head. I have a hard core live for the Okapi. They are ans have been my favorite animal for as long as I can remember. So if I can finally hash out more about her I know that it will be an Okapi, just not sure much more yet.
The thing that I love about the fandom is the warmth and welcoming you get. I am involved in other fandoms and I have never had a bad run in or meet a mean spirited furry in my life. That amount of positivity is needed in the world and at times I really need in it my life.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 09:40:52 pm »
Hi Ffximoogle!

Okapi are neat looking. I've never seen one except in pictures.
You certainly would look striking as one, with those interesting stripes they have!

So, do you identify with the animal at all?  I identify with wolves, in terms of behavior, spirit, etc.. But that is not exactly a furry thing...

And I too really love the fandom since it's so welcoming.  And you have me beat, I need to get to a convention!

Glad you made it, and sorry I'm so late.  Been busy, unfortunately.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline ffximoogle

• Female
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:56 am »
I think I do. They are quite shy and mis-understood at times. I am outgoing once I get to know people, but until that point I am beyond super shy. That is what I love about them, they just like to do their own thing in their own terms.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 11:12:01 am »
Hello and welcome!

I don't think we've had an Okapi on the forums before, that's really unique (and pretty cool, too). I look forward to seeing you around!
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 12:32:51 am »
Hello and welcome!

I don't think we've had an Okapi on the forums before, that's really unique (and pretty cool, too). I look forward to seeing you around!

I remember one many many years ago.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 09:31:56 pm »
Hello and welcome!

I remember one many many years ago.

So do I. And not in a good way either.  :P