Author Topic: Why you shouldn't buy Apple products.  (Read 3194 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Why you shouldn't buy Apple products.
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:53:53 pm »
Here's the article. This is not the first law suit filed against Apple.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/tech/apple-battery-settlement/index.html

It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Why you shouldn't buy Apple products.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:55:35 pm »
I never have and never will.
I still use a SanDisk MP3 player too... try and revoke that music i paid for.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 07:48:51 am »
I never have and never will.
I still use a SanDisk MP3 player too... try and revoke that music i paid for.

That's one thing I've put up with for far to long now. Apple treating me like a criminal for playing CDs I bought through this computer. This is my last apple.  It's 7+ years old. Not looking forward to all the hassles that come with a PC. I"ll have to remember and re learn a few things. Already going on Youtube and finding what I need to do to transfer files from apple to windows.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 01:34:02 pm »
I always feel left out when a friend had some cool apple product.   But I never could get on the band wagon.  I love freedom of choice.  I also guess I can't understand the subscription concept.  I think people use renting as a way to cripple people.  I paid rent into a place for 10 years with an average of 1100 a month.  That is a staggering $132,000!!!!!!!!  And I have nothing to show for it!
So I do not want to rent music,  rent a car, rent a house,  rent an operating system,  nothing. Owning something is a real achievement. The people we pay rent to, for anything, use that money to buy and own something of investment value.  Why not do the same.

So since apple is one of the subscription groups,  no thanks.

As far as apple crippling the phone.. they did it so it wouldn't overheat,  and so the battery would last longer. Well my cheesy samsung is old,  and has a large replaceable battery.  It is 3 years old and still going strong.  And because of this,  I will buy another of out makes sense to do so
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:38:55 pm by Jade Sinapu »
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 12:54:23 am »
I've not needed anything from Apple. Then again, my needs tend to be simple.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline DDD

• Species: White Tiger
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 04:05:24 pm »
The only time I wanted an apple product was in the late 00's.
My friends had ipod classics and minis and what not. I hated apple, so didn't want an ipod (I ended up getting a Creative Zen Micro).
Anyhow...the ipod touch came out with this amazing technology I had never seen before. I ended up getting one of those, and then eventually a 2nd hand iphone 3 years later.
I became really good at using it with all the tricks etc. I moved on to a 2nd hand iphone 4, then a 2nd hand iphone 5 (I could never afford to buy these things new).
I only liked apple products whilst there were no better contenders.

A few years ago I switched to using a Huawei phone. It felt like knowing how to do everything, and then having to forget everything and learn from scratch again.
There were basic things that were left out that I was frustrated about, but on the other hand, there was some really cool stuff that apple didn't seem to have.

I have kept the Huawei and repaired it a few times when i broke stuff on it. I do feel that it is too large however. I miss having a smaller phone that you could just keep in your pockets - even if you were sitting down.

When I do eventually replace the Huawei, I feel like it would be nice to look into possibly an open source modular smart phone. All of the stuff that has come out about Huawei and privacy issues...it just makes me feel uncertain. It would be nice having a physical switch to turn off the camera, microphone etc. It would be nice knowing exactly what the phone is doing.

DDD
Those who cannot walk, but can imagine, can fly.
Those who can walk, but cannot imagine, are limited to walking.