Author Topic: Attention SC Furries! Looking for great Charleston, SC Scenery  (Read 5842 times)

Offline Patrick Rangerwolf

• Male
    • Last of the Movies Official Movie Web Site
Are you from Charleston, Folly Beach, James Island, Sullivan's Island, or any other Charleston County, SC location, I'm looking for great ideas for scenery to show in my animated movies.  One of the main characters was born and raised in Charleston, and many flashbacks of her show her beloved Charleston.

All suggestions welcome.  They must be photogenic and would look great as background art.
Patrick Robbins

"Any movie with a "preachy" message, be it Christianity, environmentalism, political positions, or what have you, turns away people because rather than letting the audience figure out for themselves what the meaning is, they are told exactly what they ought to think and usually in terms of slogans and buzz words". ~ Brian Godawa

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Attention SC Furries! Looking for great Charleston, SC Scenery
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 11:45:17 am »
I am not from SC, but have you done any net searches for videos or
pictures of that area.. Not to use them directly, but for Ideas..

Good luck.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 03:45:05 am »
I'm living in Beaufort right now, just an hour south! What time frame are we talking about? Modern times? Cival war? Colonial? There is a LOT of history here, so you can find a lot. Once I know that I'll try and get ya some pictures!

-Varg
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

• Male
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:56:09 pm »
I'm living in Beaufort right now, just an hour south! What time frame are we talking about? Modern times? Cival war? Colonial? There is a LOT of history here, so you can find a lot. Once I know that I'll try and get ya some pictures!

-Varg

Actually, it occurs in a mix of periods, with just a smidgen of the Civil War period, but mostly contemporary (1990's to now), if that helps.  Beaufort.  That's a pretty little town.  I once rode through it on the way from Savannah to Charleston.
Patrick Robbins

"Any movie with a "preachy" message, be it Christianity, environmentalism, political positions, or what have you, turns away people because rather than letting the audience figure out for themselves what the meaning is, they are told exactly what they ought to think and usually in terms of slogans and buzz words". ~ Brian Godawa

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 04:03:14 pm »
I am not from SC, but have you done any net searches for videos or
pictures of that area.. Not to use them directly, but for Ideas..

Good luck.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Hey there,

That's a good plan.  I keep a running tab on Charleston web sites.  The South Carolina Film Commission has been a wealth of good ideas.  I've also gotten a lot of good advice from the Head of Cultural Affairs in Charleston.  Surprisingly enough, I have a few followers from South Carolina watching me on Twitter, so I'm keeping up with what's going on, down there.  I visit Charleston often, being I have a sister and 2 nephews down there, so I fill up a memory card with a ton of photos.  If you see anything good, please let me know.  Thank you.
Patrick Robbins

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »
Let me amend this topic.  There is no need for you to go out hunting for places.  If you happen to see something, or you know of something in the Charleston, SC area, just tell me about it and the location.  I'll go down there and scout it out.  December is looking good for me to make a trip down there, so I'll try to visit as many suggestions as possible.

Thanks, guys! :)
Patrick Robbins