Author Topic: What is the longest you've listened to a single song on repeat?  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
Re: What is the longest you've listened to a single song on repeat?
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 10:48:31 pm »
Three days of the song Brothers On A Hotel Bed....by Death Cab for Cutie
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »
Someday by Nickelback I listened to it for about 30min straight because its the only song on my iPod
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Fledgling

• Chirra Firestar + Shambles
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »
Someday by Nickelback I listened to it for about 30min straight because its the only song on my iPod

Ouch.

When I was little I had a certain christmas song that I really liked. I once left it playing on repeat for about two hours while I played a board game.

Offline Keo

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 04:22:52 pm »
Music by Holst such as Venus, Neptune and Saturn I found to be good sleeping music once (and I'd listen actually awake for hours whenever I could not sleep), would leave such on repeat the whole night. Gentle dreamy orchestral music just seems so peaceful to listen to on repeat.
And sometimes I loop soundscapes and ambient for sleep, too, might leave a track on loop and forget about it, have it play in the background, too.

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 06:39:39 pm »
Down Boy - Yeah Yeah Yeahs : 9 Hours
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 12:00:44 pm »
Men Without Hats Antartica 10 Hours. Long bus ride. Don't question me.
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Earth Rio

• Female
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 09:21:21 am »
For me, it's mostly Nightwish songs, but there are a few others.

1: The Poet and the Pendulum- Nightwish- 1 hour (but that song's nearly 15 minutes long)
2: Wildfire Part II- One With The Mountain- Sonata Arctica- 40 minutes (Great song. Loved it as soon as I first heard it.
3: Last Ride of the Day- Nightwish- 30 minutes (First it was my alarm, then I decided it sounded more epic in the morning)
4: The Kinslayer- Nightwish- 20 minutes (Especially the second half)
5: Hand of Sorrow/The Cross- Within Temptation- 10 minutes each (Both songs sound better when together. Plus it helps me think when writing.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 09:04:17 pm »
I have to spend several hours at least, sometimes up to a day mixing a single song. It gets rather tedious and unless the band is good (which they usually aren't on the bottom rungs of audio engineering), I find myself never wanting to hear or see them ever again :p

Dude I feel for ya. I have a good friend who runs a studio. The HORROR,  The Horror....  The really bad part is engineers  can't laugh. All that's between them and the 'singer' is two layers of 1/2 inch glass. These poor guys have to sit there with straight faces till it's all over. Yes, they have turned the monitors off. Only way to keep your sanity. :3

Four hours trying to learn a single two minute part of one song.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 06:29:05 am »
I have to spend several hours at least, sometimes up to a day mixing a single song. It gets rather tedious and unless the band is good (which they usually aren't on the bottom rungs of audio engineering), I find myself never wanting to hear or see them ever again :p

Dude I feel for ya. I have a good friend who runs a studio. The HORROR,  The Horror....  The really bad part is engineers  can't laugh. All that's between them and the 'singer' is two layers of 1/2 inch glass. These poor guys have to sit there with straight faces till it's all over. Yes, they have turned the monitors off. Only way to keep your sanity. :3

Four hours trying to learn a single two minute part of one song.

Most studios put a good deal into isolating the vocal booth from the control room. Generally, as long as the talkback mic is off and the singer cant see you, you can laugh as much as you want. Hell, I've had people having full blown arguments in the control room while the vocalist is doing his parts, none the wiser :p

That said, I seem to get lucky for the most part. The people I get in are generally tolerable :D

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 07:16:59 am »
not sure if this counts as a song but nyan cat for 10 hours wile playing BattleField 3 :3

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 07:20:07 am »
not sure if this counts as a song but nyan cat for 10 hours wile playing BattleField 3 :3

hehehehe it counts XD
if you do the dance with it :P

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »
Longest for me now would be up to 10 hours of Trentemøller's "Miss You" on loop. I put it on to wind down before I go to sleep and leave it running until I properly get out of bed in the morning. I need some sort of quiet noise in the background while I sleep now.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »
I'm obsessive about not being obsessive... i do everything i can to keep my OCD from effecting my decisions.  i never repeat a song twice in a row, because if i repeat a single song too many times, it gets old, and it takes years for me to appreciate it again...

Offline Rosyzozo

• Just chilling
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 02:51:09 am »
'Lucky clover club'

Why me... the horror...
Don't stop smiling :)

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 04:38:52 pm »
crunched out from just cause 2 ( also known as the mile high club song) heres the link http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=sNWiEMYYNDI it is on an infinite loop so no repeats!!!
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here