Author Topic: General Music Thread  (Read 2066 times)

Offline HazardJackal

General Music Thread
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:19:37 am »
So, i have an awful lot to say, and yet i don't.  Music just means way more than words to me, i don't know how to describe it... hell, if there is one thing, one thing that i wish, it's that i could find somebody to talk to about it, and that's not gonna happen online...  Still, there are plenty of things i want to talk about and discuss, thus the creation of this thread.

So, where to even start... well, for one, i'm looking for recommendations for new artists to listen to, or just anything you think is totally Worth a laundry token or two.

For me, i really started liking Smashing Pumpkins recently, and Audioslave is as great as ever.  Beck never seems to get old ether...  Also love Radiohead, Silversun Pickups, and Stone Temple Pilots.

So yeah, any really good songs, bands, albums you think are good?  I'd really appreciate the feedback, as i'm always looking for recommendations.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:47:59 pm by Trenyth »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: General Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:43:53 am »
Love me some STP!! Love their album Core. Well one of my personal recommendations would be NIN and their album Pretty Little Hate Machine. I like some stuff by Queens of the Stone Age, really like their song 3's & 7's. Definitely have to give it up for Chevelle and Bush. Do we want to stick close to rock or are we being open to all genres?
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:37:29 pm »
Well, i like rock, but then i also like beck, which is a genre composed of only the band Beck.  Yes, it gets its own genre.  Anyway, i am pretty open to most types of music.

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 06:38:13 am »
Beck's keyboard player, Roger Manning Jr was one of the main guys in an amazing, quirky, power pop band in the early 90s called Jellyfish. Have a song!

He also has some pretty wonderful solo material.

Jason Falkner, who also played on a few beck albums and was in Jellyfish for a while has some good stuff too