Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 70724 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #775 on: July 13, 2021, 06:00:05 pm »
O.M.G.

Cause, that is a terrible way to attempt to teach employees.  I hope that person gets a reprimand or something!

You are dead right.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #776 on: July 14, 2021, 12:39:17 pm »
Jade, Unfortunately upper management has let this guy have the run of the mill. Leaving the company wide open to law suits if someone actually got hurt. Whether or not anyone followed his instructions.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #777 on: July 16, 2021, 02:18:21 pm »
What grinds my gears is today.  ALL OF IT!
Very long story, don't want to get into it right now.
It is a day when everything went wrong all at once.

I am one guy, I can not do everything everywhere, all the time.
Isn't it okay to say "I am flesh and blood, and can't take anymore, stop!"
But would it get heard, and if it did, would anything change?
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #778 on: July 25, 2021, 07:59:41 am »
There was a furmeet this weekend, but it didn't come up on any of the furry FB pages I follow. Weather wasn't the greatest anyway and I-75 was flooded about halfway there.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #779 on: July 25, 2021, 07:28:25 pm »
The guy who has been altering the safety meeting info decided he was going to hold the plant wide safety meetings this month. This months safety topic. Chemical safety. This centers around the MSDS or Mandatory Safety Data Sheet. This is a huge list of all the chemicals known to man kind. Not only by the chemical but the products as well. Thousands of pages. The good, bad and ugly for each one. Fist this guy makes statements on how he feels these are unnecessary. At one point he said "There is no reason to have a skin irritant and corrosive listed as to separate things. They both mean the same thing." That's right folks. Taking a quick shower and not rinsing off all the soap is the same thing as dumping hydrochloric acid on the same spot. And everyone's favorite quote. "Everyone knows all you have to do to put out an electrical fire is to turn off the electricity."  Not making any of this up folks.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #780 on: July 25, 2021, 11:53:17 pm »
 Cause,  someone needs to fire that guy before he gets someone killed.

What grinds my gears is unrealistic expectations at work.  I'm not God, just some guy doing a job.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #781 on: July 27, 2021, 09:09:45 pm »
what's grinding my gears here lately is there's a new transformer figure of Bumblebee and it's a target exclusive and I don't live anywhere near a target!
On top of that none of my friends are near it. I do have one friend who works there but I feel like a heel asking her cause I've been kinda quiet for several months. It would make it seem like I'm only talking to her again to get her to get me a toy.

I hate exclusivity deals.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #782 on: July 29, 2021, 07:20:56 pm »
Kay, have you tried Target's on line store?

What grinds my gears? EVERYTHING. I'm old. :) I enjoy an underground music scene. One to four stringed home made guitars. What grinds my gears is these folks are completely against standard guitar tuning. To the point were someone introduced the New Arkansas Tuning for four cigar box guitars. Clamming this NEW tuning idea opens up a lot of possibilities. It's a big chunk of standard tuning. Standard tuning for a six string guitar is EADGBE. This brand new Arkansas tuning is EADG. Because if you come out and call it standard tuning people will reject the idea completely.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #783 on: August 19, 2021, 10:10:11 pm »
Spectrum and their service. Found out today I had no home phone. My only phone. Not happy. Not a good thing. Took a half day off today to get this fixed. It took them close to an hour to get it together on their end.  Still have problems with their service. Because I still can't update my PS4. TV still freezes up with I try to channel search. At least for now i have a phone again.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #784 on: August 21, 2021, 03:16:08 am »
When your get surprised by the cost of shipping. I just ordered a book straight from the publisher. Didn't see any shipping choices. Usually you choose that last. Nope. Right to paypal. Then I see the cost of shipping. Apparently they think I need this book tomorrow. From England no doubt. Paid $40 for the book and $50 for shipping!

I learned this book is still being published by the author. And selling it for 39.95. Amazon has this same book listed for up to $466.00 wile it's being sold on Ebay for $120 to $160. With free shipping!

Guess the only thing I can say that's good about my latest purchase is the actual author of the book has profited by this sale. Not some scalper on Ebay or Amazon.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #785 on: August 21, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »
I offered my sister tomatoes as she makes her own salsa. It's been over a week and she's never picked them up. Plus my Mom told me not to bring her any more.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 04:32:35 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #786 on: August 21, 2021, 11:17:32 pm »
 What grinds my gears is the downtown Denver 16th street mall.  Dangerous, dirty, over priced place. But it is the only place to get food at times.  I'll be glad to get back home out of this tourist trap.  And to think I lived near here! Scoff! Take me home,country roads!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2021, 09:45:16 am »
Gov. Ron DeSantis and Gov. Greg Abbott. Both of them are acting like petty dictators in regards to covid. They're gambling with people's live.  >:(

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #788 on: August 24, 2021, 03:33:12 am »
Got an email today about that book I ordered. Got a $42.80 refund!. A quote from the email, "We were able to find a much less expensive way to ship your item...." I know this should be in the 'Good News' thread. Made more sense to post it here.

And now for what grinds my gears. I just got an invite to our class reunion. Graduated 40 years ago. This is one of two invites I've received in all those years.  Lived in this town for 50 years. Lived in this same house for over 25 years now. They could only find me twice in all these years. Obvious I'm not going.  :D

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #789 on: September 05, 2021, 06:37:56 pm »
People STILL talking about Covid at nauseum.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #790 on: September 07, 2021, 01:11:03 am »
 Arthritis grinds my gears,  I mean bones.
Seriously!
I want relief.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #791 on: September 09, 2021, 02:41:29 am »
False advertising. Ya'll know I'm $$$ in a hole getting myself into traditional painting. Nothing like buying a few more tubes right. :) Anyway. Without going into a lot of details and getting right to the punch line. On the 'Gamblin' ( the name of this paint manufacturer ) site it states. ' Our 1980 Transparent white is made with the same alkyd refined linseed oil as our artist grade paints." On the box this large tube of paint came in it states the same thing. On the tube this paint is housed in it clearly states "Safflower oil". Is there a difference in quality? HUGE. I've contacted the art store ( Jerry's Artarama ) and let them know of the discrepancies of what Gamblin claims and what they are actually offering. Told then I have no intentions of asking for a refund. I'll keep what i got. I guess Gamblin oil paints are living up to the spirit of their name. "Buying our paint is a Gamblin."

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #792 on: September 21, 2021, 04:34:12 pm »
My order from Wish will be three weeks overdue tomorrow.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #793 on: September 28, 2021, 05:37:50 am »
Auuuag! I got two things.
Gong on a short vacation from Wed to Fri this week. Got permission to have on line orders stuff sent to work. Spent more to have this order be there tomorrow. Nope. Going to show up Wed.

I mentioned they are shutting down the largest art forum site on the web. Just got a load of what they want to replace it with. A paid membership site full of videos and podcasts. How much you ask? $100 a year!!!! That's right fellow artists ( ok, I'm still a wanna be ) $100  for the very same thing anyone can get on YouTube for free!!! But wait. There's more! You, that's right you can actually ask people on YouTube questions about their video. Or you can pay $100 a year and just watch videos and listen to podcasts. And they are actually trying to sell this like it's a great idea.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #794 on: September 29, 2021, 08:01:16 pm »
Banning books because a person feels "discomfort"?
Oh, for crying out loud. Give me a break!  >:(
Discomfort is when you might be wearing a wool sweater that makes you itch.
Discomfort is enduring a very hot day with high humidity.
Discomfort is eating a food that you thought you'd enjoy, but you get an upset stomach from it instead.

Discomfort from a book? Suck it up, snowflakes!  :D Boo hoo. Cry me a river.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/29/us/tennessee-law-hb-580-book-debate/index.html

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #795 on: September 29, 2021, 08:08:57 pm »
Oh wow... people need to be taught to be tolerant, and also take some punishment.
To ban everything we all personally don't like, well that is silly.
If you can't read something from a different point of view without getting upset, or be brave enough to tell someone a hard truth, or be able to accept some criticism, then what are you?  That kind of attitude does no one any good. 

What grinds my gears at the moment is that my dog Wanda decided to wallow in some mud and smear it all over the house!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #796 on: October 05, 2021, 09:07:12 pm »
Pumpkin spice   >:( Why does everything have to be pumpkin spice flavored.

Coffee
Muffins
Doughnuts
Popcorn
Cereal
Cake
Cookies
Bread
Waffles
Pancakes
Tortilla chips
SPAM
Candy
Hot chocolate mix
........and the list goes on and on.  :P
  ENOUGH ALREADY!

And if pumpkin spice wasn't bad enough, the closer we get to Christmas, EVERYTHING will be peppermint flavored.  >:(

Why can't we have bacon flavored stuff? I'd be happy with that. :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #797 on: October 05, 2021, 09:21:38 pm »
Cuz there ain't no stinking bacon holidays!
Let October 5th be bacon day!
Bacon bacon crispy chewy flavorful bacon!!!!!
 :goldhowl:
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #798 on: October 07, 2021, 01:48:14 pm »
Company is giving out free flue shots again this year. For an hour. In the middle of day shift. The rest of us will have to make 'other arrangements'. Meaning we will have to get our flue shot on our time.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #799 on: October 08, 2021, 04:23:49 pm »
Halloween candy corn.
I had so much as a kid that I don't like the taste of it anymore as an adult. I no longer eat it.  :P