Author Topic: Fire and Ice (1x1 with Skyfire)  (Read 8304 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Fire and Ice (1x1 with Skyfire)
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:53:29 pm »
Since this is going to be a completely new story, universe, etc, I'll set up some cards here to begin with.

Name: Prowl Silva
Species: Grey wolf
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 120
Appearance: slim athletic build, angled, almost feline facial features. Solid white coat with silver eyes. Black nose and foot/hand pads.

Clothing, weaponry, and personality seem to work better when they're fluid.

Anything else we need, sir?
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: Fire and Ice (1x1 with Skyfire)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:32:53 pm »
Name: Maximus Vel-Vardeh
Species: Ethiopian Wolf(actually a fox species...)
Height: 6' 10"
Weight: 200lbs
Appearance: Tall, lanky, but every pound on his frame a muscle. Ochre fur, with dense white undercur. Stark green eyes, darkly colored nose/paw pads.

I think I'm going to take the exotic approach this go around.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:36:27 pm »
Sounds interesting. I'll have the intro up in a sec.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 11:48:05 pm »
The ring of steel on steel and the cries of fallen warriors filled the night air as the Lupirnen army clashed with an overwhelming enemy, slowly losing ground to their foes. The sound of stone crumbling soon added in as the wall along the outside of the giant city fell. As they rushed through the hole in the wall, one of Maximus' generals rode up to him, the heavy axe on his back dripping War Wolf blood. "We've broken through the outer wall, my lord. These ice dogs are stubborn, but we're pushing them back towards the castle."

In the castle, Prowl paced behind the massive ironwood doors, dressed in her white leather armor. Her sword was belted to her hip and her bow was across her back beside her quiver; she was accompanied by fifteen of her elite guards, all standing by at the moment, silent within their heavy tungsten armor. She had been forbidden by her adopted father to actually fight in the war going on outside, but nobody had said anything against being ready in case it came to her.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 12:15:20 am »
Maximus's lips twisted up into a cruel smile. "Perfect." The Ethiopian wolf muttered, dismounting. "Enough. No more of the zebras. I will end my own war on foot." The tall, lanky Ethiopian wolf was quick and agile, trained extensively in the use of spears and javelins, with a good skill with swords and maces. Dressed in tribal armor, with sections of pelts from killed enemies(imagine this, but for a really tall and lanky male built like an NBA player http://fav.me/d4qucnw ). It gave the general a fearsome appearance as he jogged through the streets with his elite tribal lancers, who exclusively used spears and javelins. "Thank the mages! This place would be too damn cold without them!" Maximus called, as the elite lancers moved behind the vanguard of the army towards the castle.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 12:21:51 am »
A large group of War Wolf soldiers marched around a corner ahead of Maximus, just a short ways from the castle. They crouched in a phalanx, their tower shields forming a wall between the houses on either side of the street. Archers behind them stood and drew their bows, releasing a volley of arrows towards them.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 11:20:26 am »
Maximus signaled his men, and a quarter of them broke off to go down a parallel side street to attack the war wolves from behind. Another quarter pulled up short and let loose a salvo of javelins that flew over the shield wall. The archer's volley had taken out several of the invading troops, but not enough to convince Maximus that what he did next was a bad idea. After splitting up, the remaining half of elite lancers ran towards the shield wall and used their spears to pole-vault over it, therefore rendering it useless as they came down literally on the heads of the war wolves.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 06:33:11 pm »
Maximus' tactic proved very successful, only a few of the War Wolves managing to draw their blades and fend off the lancers behind them. The archers turned to run, only to get cut off from behind as they were outflanked by the other group, getting off another good volley of arrows before they were overrun. Those wielding swords put up a good fight, but were outnumbered and finally fell after a short battle, leaving the road open to the thick doors of the castle.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 12:12:20 pm »
Maximus waited a moment for his lancers to regroup, before setting off down the road towards the castle. The lancers drew up just beyond bow shot of the walls. After a moment, Macimus came forward with three other lancers. One had a white pennant tied to his lance, he walked alongside Maximus, with two more of the elite lancers following behind them. Once they were within hailing distance of the castle walls, the general's party stopped. "You have three options. You surrender unconditionally and only the rebellious will die. You fight and all of your armies, all of your men, will die. The final option is that of single combat. Your champion against me. Should I prove victorious, your nation becomes the vassal of my own. If I should be defeated, My armies shall advance no further into your lands. This offer of mercy is not necessary. Surrender, accept the challenge, or die!" The general spoke with conviction, his words loud and clear.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 01:25:53 pm »
No matter how hard Prowl tried to accept the challenge Maximus proposed, the War Wolf elite refused to let her meet him on his terms. Instead, they sent the archers of their rank up to the top of the gate, where they answered his demands with a volley of arrows. Prowl continued to pace, but readied her bow, thinking their enemies would eventually break through. They were outnumbered, and so far, numbers had been the deciding factor.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »
Maximus and his party retreated beyond bow shot, the general furious at the poor attempt to kill him. Snarling as he snapped off an arrow embedded in his left forearm. "THOSE INSOLENT MONGROLS!! ENOUGH!!! NO MORE MERCY, THE FIRED ON A FLAG OF TRUCE AND BROKE THE LAWS OF WAR!!" Maximus shouted, growling as he stared down his men clustered around him. Maximus had been lenient so far, obeying the law of war, doling out no undue cruelty, but now, that changed. "Fetch me the mages and the healers, see to it that the walls are crushed, and then bring me every child left in this city. That castle can't hold everyone, and I don't think it's worth the lives of our brothers to sack it." The general licked his lips, a dangerous fire burning coolly in his eyes. "I know just how to get them to come out of it, or surrender..." The pelts incorporated into his armor came from adult foes, but that was only because the general had shown mercy to those people...
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 06:53:28 pm »
The group nodded in unison and ran off to do as told, coming back a short time later with a decent sized group of children, most of whom were crying loudly. A few had fought back and we're now chained, having managed to take out one of the soldiers together.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 10:48:24 pm »
Upon the children's arrival, the rest of the vulpine army had gathered around the castle, the bulk near the main square where the general and his elite companies were camped. Houses had been occupied, but a sizable number had been put carefully to the torch, the blaze kept under control by the mages. All told, it was easy to see how grossly outnumbered the war wolves were. Maximus was beyond bows hot of the castle walls, but in clear view, with a bonfire nearby. The children were gathered in front of general Maximus, who selected one at random to come forward. "Your people broke the law..." Maximus said quietly, a viscously curved skinning knife in one hand. "Now you're going to pay for it." The tall, long armed and long-legged Ethiopian wolf snatched the child, pulling him closer and placing the sharp edge of the skinning knife at the child's throat. One of the traveling illusionists conjured up the image and magnified Maximus's voice. "Surrender now, or each of these children will die, slowly and surely. I am not without mercy, however. The offer of single combat still stands, but now, regardless of outcome, these lands are mine! A victory would see these insolent whelps returned to die inside the castle." Vel-Vardeh snarled the words, drawing blood with the knife to accentuate the point. Maximus didn't kill the young fur, simply cut the young fur skin deep.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 10:54:33 pm »
The scene before the castle distracted the guards long enough for Prowl to slip out of the Castle gates. She approached him calmly, drawing her short sword and pointing it at him to call him out on his challenge. She appeared calm on the outside, but her heart was pounding, all of her training leading up to this point. As she approached, she appeared as an angel on the battlefield, her head held high with confidence, and her steps sure.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 11:25:10 pm »
Upon spotting Prowl's approach, Vel-Vardeh released the wolf cub back to the children, who were surrounded by armed soldiers with spears leveled. The illusion stopped, leaving a deathly calm. "A challenger." Vel-Vardeh said simply, sheathing his skinning knife to take up his short spear. Outwardly confident, much taller than this pathetic she-wolf who approached him, the leader of the horde squared up against her. "Hmm, a little girl who's lost her way. Tell me, are you stupid, are just plain dumb? I'm wearing more enemies than you've ever fought, girl." Vel-Vardeh kept his stance loose and even, keeping a good distance between them. Good for his spear. Prowl would have to charge in past his spear to get to Vel-Vardeh with her sword. That put her at a distinct disadvantage.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 11:30:38 pm »
Prowl smirked confidently and spun her blade, the white steel glinting in the now warm air. "Did you have your army kill them for you too?" She asked with a somewhat snarky tone, biding her time as she studied her enemy. Her confident demeanor didn't falter, and she kept in a ready position, where she could dodge or attack equally as easily.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 01:52:20 pm »
"Of course not. The best way to get a pelt is to skin while your prey is still alive." Vel-Vardeh replied, snorting. The tall, lanky vulpine moved with surprising speed, stepping forward into a thrust. It was a feint, as Maximus twisted the spear at the last moment for a sideways cut with the spear's blade. The dance had begun. Maximus kept an air of confidence, handling his spear easily, even though the weapon was as long as Maximus was tall.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 01:59:37 pm »
Prowl spun to the side, slashing downward against Maximus' spear and causing it to just nick her armor, then continued the spin to move herself forward, slashing across Maximus' off hand.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
Maximus snarled as the blade cut his hand, but continued forward past Prowl, to smash the pointed butt of the spear into her back as she went past him. Maximus didn't slow, but instead continued forward to turn around and face Prowl. Granted, the back blow was a dirty move, most spears didn't have a steel-shod point on their butt. However, Maximus wasn't about to fall to some barely of age girl who dressed up in fancy armor. A war wolf she may be, but a child was all prowl was to Maximus.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »
Prowl growled as the spear butt hit her flat in the middle of her back, causing her to stumble and almost fall; she recovered by rolling forward and came back up, twisting around and sliding a short ways backwards as she dispelled her momentum. She spun her blade once more as she sidestepped around Maximus, watching for an opening.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 10:38:50 pm »
Maximus circled her warily, eyes open for any attack. After a few moments of just circling, Macimus reached into his belt with lightning and threw a throwing knife at prowl, not bothering to see if it hit before lunging in with the spear to try and catch the unprepared warrior in the side with the blade. It was a move that even the seasoned warriors could not counter effectively. (If you want this to end quickly, have prowl give up after getting stabbed in the side by the spear. If you want this to continue and have the castle sacked with prowl wounded, have her dodge. If your goal is to take Maximus captive, then break his spear, and do so. The horde will abandon him.)
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 10:46:42 pm »
(No, he's supposed to win and take over, so I'll go with this... On a side note, the way you worded that made me think of one of those chose your own adventure books.  (: )

Prowl managed to dodge the throwing knife, but ended up dodging into Maximus' second attack, crying out and dropping her blade at the sharp pain of the spear biting into her side.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 11:24:50 pm »
(Hmm. Kinda does, now that I look at it.  (: )

Maximus withdrew the spear, smirking in satisfaction at the large wound it left in Prowl's side. The general flicked away her sword with the spear blade, sending it flying out of reach. He approached, and dropped to one knee to where Prowl had fallen to her knees, clutching at the gaping wound in her side. Maximus's eyes held no mirth, and his smile was a merciless grin. One hand held the spear aloft, as he knelt down beside her. "Relax, child. There are few who can combat that. You aren't one of them." Maximus let out a short bark of laughter, before his gaze became serious and he used his free hand to bring Prowl's face up to meet his. "You failed, little girl. Your castle will fall. You will die a failure, with no mark made on history. Your pelt will adorn the others on my armor. I am not without mercy. You did fight, alone, I commend you for that. So I offer you a choice. Pledge yourself to me," the general stood and kicked her over, leveling the spear blade against her throat before he continued, "Or die."
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:27 pm »
"If you kill me, you've lost all the same." Prowl said, attempting to sound forceful, but not managing it so well in her current state. "My father's the king, and his warriors won't stop until you're dead..." She seemed almost smug, not realizing what she'd just given away.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 12:03:10 am »
Maximus's ears perked. "You don't say..." The general said softly, motioning for the healers to come over. "Well, you may have saved your people after all, little whelp." The Ethiopian wolf smirked again, raising the spear and planting it firmly next to prowl's head, close enough to nick her ear. "You're about to pass out from blood loss, but I promise you, your daddy won't lay a finger on me, or you. Nor will you ever get another glimpse of that castle of yours. Enjoy your look, because it will be your last." The general strode away, as prowl was surrounded by soldiers and healers. What the general had said was true, the world was fading fast, and her armor around the wound was stained red.
10K post club.