Poll

Do you go to political rallys, and why?

To see the candidate.
To learn more about the candidate.
To have a good time and I don't care who the candidate is.
I don't go to rally's.

Author Topic: Political Rallys.  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Political Rallys.
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:14:23 pm »
Political rally's have been a mainstay in this country for many years. Even in the 1800's
candidates traveled around the country making speeches.  In those day it was about
the only way the public could learn about the candidate. Many people didn't know how
to read so they had to  go to rally's to learn about them.

The term whistle stop was used as candidates often road trains stopping at each little
town to make a campign speech. Usally from a special car at the rear of the train.

This all changed with the advent of television and the fact most of the bublic could read
by the 1950's.

Now days rally's are more of a way to entertain and stir up political ferver. Since
most people don't normally keep up with politics.

Feel free to  post reasons why you go to rally's or not. We see them on TV, but we rarely
hear from people who go to them.

Personally I think rally's are a waste of time. I wouldn't go across the street to see
a candidate who has been on tv for months. Your not likely to  see anything new as
they will put on a show to please those who support them. and try to convince other
they are the best for the job. Yes some wait till the last minute to decide, but I usually
decide long before the election.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
Re: Political Rallys.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:34:21 pm »
We don't really have rallies here in the Netherlands, but I wouldn't need them to decide who'll get my vote. Besides, it won't change too much anyways. The most votes will just keep going to the parties who has the men with the biggest mouths.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:41:38 pm »
It's bad enough that people listen to politicians lies on tv, on the radio, in newspapers, etc.
Why the heck would people go to a rally and listen to more of the same thing?  >:(
How do you know a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.  :D

I remember a line in the movie "The Hunt for Red October" where a politician is talking to character Jack Ryan:

"I'm a politician. Which means I'm a liar and a cheat. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops."

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 12:56:17 pm »
Political rallies remind me of the old sideshow barker at the carnival or circus. Always yapping their mouth off trying to get people to hear about their newest product or service or something else. Why go see the clowns and their acts in the big circus tent when you can instead see politicians acting like clowns at their rallies.  :D  :D  :D

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 03:12:12 pm »
Not on my own but  I have been involved  in the past on the organizations side. 

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 04:44:06 pm »
Never been to one. Think it would be fun to go to a trump rally. Start a 'Lier' chant to see how fast is trained dogs toss me out.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »
I would not spend my time at a rally for a political thing.  I would spend it doing something to help the country, like picking up trash at my local park.
I agree with you O.R.  I to feel I know who I want to vote for , before they start speaking. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 02:14:45 am »
I went to one to see if anyone would really be good but I didn't agree with everything
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 09:12:18 am »
Rallys do not seem to be a thing in the UK. I have never attended one.

There are apparently rally-like features every year at a local gala, but I am not a fan of crowds so I tend to avoid them by default.