Poll

Make repository thread for ghost/paranormal/therian/weirdness stories?

NO
YES

Author Topic: strange/paranormal thread ?  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
strange/paranormal thread ?
« on: April 16, 2019, 11:51:58 pm »
I was curious if fellow furs here think that there would be enough stories and interest to start a repository thread about ghost stories and other paranormal things?
It would be a thread that is just a list of a fursons experiences with such things.
Of course it would be started with a disclaimer, and also with a note to not judge others...
If possible, I would like it to be shielded from the internet, so that only those logged on can see it, therefore google and such can't use bots to find the data. I don't know if that is possible?  It would also be made where the thread doesn't die/expire (if possible).

So do you think it would be worth it to make a thread on the topic?
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Re: strange/paranormal thread ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 08:10:07 am »
Whoops....I voted "no"....meant "yes"....sorry.

*walks over to the coffee maker.....obviously needs to wake up more*
I took the red pill...

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:49:36 am »
* hands far far a big gulp full of strong black coffee*  so this would be a good idea it could educate folks
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:29 am »
Frankly, I don't think such a thread will work or be a good idea due to the following:

1. There really isn't a lot of members who log on and would participate in such a thread. The amount of members that have logged on and visited Furtopia has declined considerably the last few years.

2. I highly doubt there'd be enough paranormal, etc. stories from people to keep the thread continuously going.

If possible, I would like it to be shielded from the internet, so that only those logged on can see it, therefore google and such can't use bots to find the data.
The only place(s) to possibly put such a thread are either the Life Problems forum or the Adult Discussion forum. But I tend to feel that a thread in either wouldn't quite fit in those forums.

It would also be made where the thread doesn't die/expire (if possible).
That comes into conflict with the Furtopia gravedigging rule. If it's been 6 months or longer since the last post was made in a thread, then the thread should not be gravedug.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:36:20 am »
Are some threads "sticky" and don't expire?
Thanks Kobuk for the info.  This is why I asked.
Yeah it's too bad Furtopia has fewer people on it.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 11:41:59 am »
Threads that are pinned or "stickied" are mostly rules for various forums or other major announcements from staff during Furtopia's long history. A "general discussion" about paranormal stuff isn't really anything "major". Know what I mean?

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 01:08:07 pm »
Okay I get it!  Thanks.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 04:16:41 pm »
Though I'd be all up for a thread like that, I don't think it should be sticky'd. There doesn't seem to be enough activity on the forum nowadays to do that. Also, why would a thread about paranormal experiences necessarily belong in a place bots can't reach?

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 04:21:59 pm »
I suggested keeing bots out because it would be a topic that people could get ridiculed for.  But now I'm guessing it's too little interest for a thread.  It's too bad we don't have more traffic here.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:17 pm »
I suggested keeing bots out because it would be a topic that people could get ridiculed for.  But now I'm guessing it's too little interest for a thread.  It's too bad we don't have more traffic here.

So you're saying that maybe some people's stories could be a bit embarressing, is that it? Dude, we've had all kinds of topics posted in all the forums on Furtopia (Except Life Problems and Adult forums.) that bots and non-logged people could have seen and read from the members. Nothing is sacred nowadays due to technology.

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »
We're furries we've heard worse then being called crazy we use aliases it ain't like people are gonna know who we are
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 10:56:20 pm »
well, okay then...ridicule here i come?

Maybe I will make a thread , but as we suspect it won't go too far...nor for long.
and of course it wouldn't be sticky or get much traffic.

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 01:08:14 am »
If this was just a fursona story thread then the more the merrier. If your fursona's word has stories it would be awesome to read them.

I think it would be fun to ask why someone is ridiculing an imaginary character's ghost story.  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 01:27:49 pm »
Ya, I know this thread is very old. But what just happened is more than fitting to bring this out of the grave.

Some back story before going into the details. We have a plant wide video camera system now.  Everything that happens in plant is recorded. Most of us laugh it off. If you not doing anything wrong then it's no big deal. The cameras are there to recored safety issues. Like when I fell. A bit more info. What we call A frames are very heavy mettle frames with wheels. The frames themselves are over 1000 pounds each. And capable of holding up to 3000 pounds of product.  Your car doesn't weigh as much as one of these. These are not easy to move.

My boss comes back from a safety meeting and tells me we have a new safety rule. We now have to secure all products on roll around A frames before we leave our areas. Even if we're just going to the bathroom. I asked why. He said someone saw a frame move on it's own. My first response was, "So did this person get a urine test? ( a medical test to determine if there are dugs or alcohol in the blood stream. ) My boss laughs and said no. Turns out our plants CEO watched this frame on video move across the floor on it's own. Everyone was on break and it's very clean no one was around this A frame.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 09:50:30 pm »
 This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.
Do you have earthquakes in this area?
Did ground shift under localized loading?
If not... this is spooky!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 12:55:40 am »
There are no laws of physics to explain the motion of this A frame. It would be like watching a car parked on a flat lot moving with no one in it. As far as I know this is the only instant where any unusual movement has been caught on camera. And I know no one has personally seen any movement like this. I've been there close to 25 years now. This is the first time I've ever heard of anything like this.

This does have two things going for it as far as claiming a haunting. First it happened in broad daylight. Secondly it can't be duplicated.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:58:45 am by cause the rat »