Poll

Do you support and/or think impeaching Trump will work?

Yes, I support impeaching Trump.
6 (54.5%)
No, I do not support impeaching Trump.
3 (27.3%)
Undecided
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Impeaching President Trump  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Impeaching President Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:31:20 pm »
The guy has continually lied to America. The guy lied to the US military. The guy openly admitted to committing collusion with a foreign government to effect an election. And to top it off it's a federal offense to falsify or alter emergency data and display it to the public. He's had more cabinet members quit or walk out than any other president in history.  Some of his "best and brightest" people for the job are serving prison time. It's time he joins them.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 12:34:11 pm »
Here's the Ukraine transcript if anybody wants to read it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call/index.html

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 01:00:43 pm »
The guy has continually lied to America. The guy lied to the US military. The guy openly admitted to committing collusion with a foreign government to effect an election. And to top it off it's a federal offense to falsify or alter emergency data and display it to the public. He's had more cabinet members quit or walk out than any other president in history.  Some of his "best and brightest" people for the job are serving prison time. It's time he joins them.

I don't disagree with you, Cause. Trump has done a lot of questionable and/or bad things since taking office. I'm a bit "on the fence" so to speak with this whole impeachment thing. If the Dems don't play their cards right and botch this up, then Trump will milk this for everything he can and spin doctor his way to another 4 year term and the Repubs will overthrow the Dems in the next House and/or Senate elections. The Dems will look like fools for years and decades to come. Impeachment is a very tricky and risky thing.
Pelosi has been a bit against impeachment in the past and has tried to reign in her fellow Dems and telling them to be cautious. But now, I can't help but wonder if she was "pressured" by fellow Dems to start impeachment against her better judgement.

I really hope this whole impeachment thing doesn't blow up in the Dems faces. Otherwise, they'll be eating crow and humble pie, and they'll have mud in their eye.  x_x

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 02:06:42 pm »
Kobuk. The difference between Clinton and Trump. Clinton lied about having sex. Trump committed a federal offense when he altered that map. Trump wasn't convicted of collusion before because there wasn't enough evidence. This is what happens when you start to believe your own lies.  Even if he isn't impeached he can still be imprisoned for committing federal crimes. The republican party can't stop that.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 02:26:49 pm »
Although I do think Trump should be impeached, I doubt it may happen because of the following. Who controls the Senate right now? The Repubs, that's who. They hold the majority in the Senate. And it takes a 2/3 majority to impeach the President. I highly doubt the Dems will even get 1/4 much less 1/2 or more. The Repubs aren't going to impeach Trump. They love him too much.

How impeachment works: A sitting US president can be impeached for treason, bribery or “other high crimes and misdemeanors." The House of Representatives votes for impeachment, and if a majority of members vote in favor, the Senate conducts a trial. A two-thirds majority in the Senate is required to convict and remove a president from office — which has never successfully happened.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 02:59:28 pm »
Republican can't keep Trump out of prison. So he won't be impeached by the republican party. They can visit him every Tuesday and Saturday.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 09:46:08 pm »
Looks like Trump just grabbed a hammer and started putting more nails in his coffin. After the DOJ has repeatedly stated there is no reason for Clinton to face charges or be brought to trial. Trump has reopened this case. Lawmakers are viewing this as another case of Trump using his executive office to attack a political rival.  OOps.

It's like watching one of those old back and white movies. Where someone falls into quicksand. They start grabbing at anything around them. But eventually go under. Oh, and a quick fact. That's all Hollywood. Quicksand doesn't act that way. :)