Poll

Would you like to see this at a fur con?

Yes.
2 (66.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
Either way.
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Help Tony the Tiger raise money for school sports.  (Read 4770 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Help Tony the Tiger raise money for school sports.
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:44:28 pm »
I'm tossing an idea around. After seeing a tv commercial featuring Kellogg's character Tony the Tiger I got an idea. What about setting up a separate charity at fur cons to help rase money for school sports.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Help Tony the Tiger raise money for school sports.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 03:50:23 pm »
I voted yes and here's why. I like the idea of getting behind a furry icon to help people is one way of giving back to the community. Putting our differences behind. Meaning most of use were bullied by jocks in school. Putting aside the recent bad behavior by a very small part of our community. And showing we can give to what matters to us and give to what matters to everyone else.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Help Tony the Tiger raise money for school sports.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 11:58:12 pm »
 What was the recent bad behavior by or community? Just curious.

I can understand your thinking.  I know at the schools in my area, sports get much funding. But science, math, band get less. But giving to what others what is what you were getting at.  Furs address most likely already in science math and band and art etc. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)