4 (25%)
Moderately worried.
4 (25%)
Substantially worried.
4 (25%)
Panic mode!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?  (Read 23700 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2021, 02:54:16 pm »
Yes, you can still get coronavirus even after getting the vaccine shot. Here's why:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/health/covid-vaccinated-infected-wellness/index.html

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2021, 10:40:02 am »
So I hate to say I said so, but...
Since covid was allowed to replicate long enough, we have the Delta variant!  And it is of course stronger in ways and easier to transmit.
(who didn't see that coming?)

So since America has a substantial amount of people in it whom do not have a vaccine, nor wants one, we may hit a point where the clock (as it were) will roll back to 00:00 and we start all over.  That would mean mandatory masks, gloves, sanitizers, new vaccine development, travel restrictions, social distancing, more deaths, and most of all, public distrust of things they do not really understand (like science in general, and compounded interest).

I am waiting for an "Epsilon" variant etc... which we can't stop.  I wonder if people think that this is "what is supposed to happen" and that it will make us all stronger and also reduce the population and "solve issues".  Too bad many people get maimed from severe illness...remember polio, scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, mumps, measles, etc?  Of course you don't remember those childhood diseases!  People before you all got vaccines and KILLED those viruses out!  But those viruses all hurt or killed thousands before vaccines were made to STOP them.

So since the biggest enemy we have is the American people thinking they are smarter than they really are, Yes, I will still say Covid still concerns me, because it is still there fighting us.  Even though we have the tools to kill it once and for all.   :( :(

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 10:45:40 am by Jade Sinapu »
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2021, 02:57:17 pm »
I think I'm either getting cold to all of this. Or just angry at the murderous attitudes of those who are spreading false information, or out right lies. First we now have a new variant. Not much is known about it yet. Second one of the best things I've heard about the Delta variant is I can spread it without actually caching or having a bad case of it. Why is that good news? Read my first lines over again. Now all I have to do to spread the truth is breath. I have seen a level of life damaging brain washing with cults. Now I see it with republicans. No matter who they know has died they will still hold on to and believe what they have been told. Sorry if this sounds cold and uncaring. Apparently "the only cure for stupidity is death" is true.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2021, 01:33:41 pm »
Covid booster shots to be available supposedly starting on September 20th.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/health/white-house-covid-boosters/index.html

Although, they already are available now, but only for people with compromised immune systems. Otherwise, everybody else has to wait till Sept. 20th.

From what I've read, you can get a booster shot 8 months AFTER you've had your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. No timeline or decision yet about the J&J vaccine. So, I can't get my booster shot of Moderna until at least Jan. 7th. :(

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2021, 02:57:25 pm »
I'll get the booster once it becomes available for the rest of us.

My little town just hit 300+ new cases for this month. Way above the amount from last month. That means 300+ people just learned the truth. This month isn't over yet. With an average of 15 cases a day that number should jump up to  around 500. Good. Maybe their friends and families will learn the truth as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 03:00:46 pm by cause the rat »
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2021, 09:49:27 am »
24 more cases on my small town yesterday alone. And one more death. Used to be able to get covid info from the weather channel. They stopped. So I have to go to Johns Hopkins again.

And speaking of covid info. A conservative radio host from Nashville Ten. just died of covid. Guess the truth shut him up. One more murderer gone. Not sorry for his death. My heart goes out to those he inspired to die.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2021, 01:06:32 pm »
38 cases Sat. 14 cases yesterday. In my small town. Apparently the truth is getting around faster these days. And now Trump got a quite and booed response when HE told his followers to get the shots. It took Trump five years to realize you can't kill off your fan base.

There are 'break through' cases of the virus. From what i understand it's far less painful and dangerous. Still it's possible.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2021, 09:35:41 am »

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2021, 02:09:41 am »
30 new cases Friday and 15 more Sat. Deaths have just jumped up to 32. That's 32 people who would still be alive if it wasn't for the republican party and their right wing media.

Looks like All of Nebraska and most of Utah is no longer sharing Covid case numbers. Guess they think it will go away if they ignore it.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2021, 12:38:47 pm »
You do not have the "constitutional right" to refuse the Covid vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/25/opinions/unvaccinated-cant-use-constitutional-rights-excuse-hamilton-offit/index.html

Thanks for sharing that, Kobuk!
It has been so painless and rewarding to get a vaccine and get back to life.  I still wear a mask in public because Delta is floating around.
But I also hand wash and social distance myself.  If everyone did this, Covid would be a bad memory and no more.
I would like to think that the "founding fathers" (and their children and spouses) would agree that a germ should be stopped, especially when it gets to humongous proportions.  I would love to believe they would be smart enough to see the problem and use any means to stop it.  Why is it now that people are so resistant to change?
blah...

I am still worried about people and how they spread ... any virus... and have no care for my wishes to be healthy.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2021, 05:35:33 am »
Two more right wing radio talk show hosts have died of Covid. Good for their communities. Good for the rest of us. Is a shame to think of how many people suffered and or died because of them. The truth finally shut them up. This makes four in the last two weeks.

Just got a memo from where I work. I have a chance to win $5.000 with prof of my getting vaccinated.  That's three $5.000 prizes to be given out! In a company with over a million employees. Ya, I'll pass. We have quite a few employees who haven't been vacced. Kind of doubt this will help change their minds.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2021, 03:02:43 pm »
In seven days 194 people in the county I live in have come down with covid. That's almost as many as the first 6 moths of this year. Yet there are still people who claim masks, distancing and the vaccine are all hoaxes. Hopefully 194 of them just learned the truth.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2021, 03:47:32 pm »

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2021, 08:34:56 am »
Awesome Kobuk! Thanks for posting.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2021, 02:37:04 pm »
Yet another right wing radio host has died and finally telling the truth about Covid. I will not feel for him. I will morn for those he murdered.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2021, 07:02:56 pm »
I am sick and getting sicker.
I can't shake what this is, and I was vaccinated.
I hope I have a cold.  If I were not in the midst of a pandemic, I would just assume it was a cold.

So yeah, Covid-19 worries me, even if I am pretty sure I do not have it.
It adds more randomness to my day.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2021, 10:54:56 pm »
I am sick and getting sicker.
I can't shake what this is, and I was vaccinated.
I hope I have a cold.  If I were not in the midst of a pandemic, I would just assume it was a cold.

So yeah, Covid-19 worries me, even if I am pretty sure I do not have it.
It adds more randomness to my day.

Have you talked to your doctor at all about your condition? Even if you do get covid and have been vaccinated, the symptoms should not be as severe and you may not need to be in a hospital. Also, you should definately NOT go to work if you have covid otherwise you could inadvertantly make other people sick. Or.......maybe you just came down with a case of the flu?

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2021, 07:44:51 pm »
I have not seen a doctor.
Took day off and slept.
Feeling better, so that is good.  Have till monday to get even better I hope.
I will get a rapid test tomorrow anyway. 
Hurray for DEEP NASAL SWABS!
 :P
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:40 pm »
The more I read about coronavirus on the news, the more it sickens me to hear all the unvaccinated spewing their conspiracies and how they don't want to get the vaccine. It's people like those who are holding up this nation (and the rest of the world) from getting back to normal. It's the unvaccinated who are making things worse in this country, not better.

Just shut up and take your damn medicine! Quit acting like a bunch of immature and infantile cry babies and suck it up!
>:(

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2021, 07:13:49 am »
Kobuk, wet cough good. Dry cough bad. Still best to get checked. Because only 2/3 or 67% of covid cases have dry coughs.

We have a anti vaccer at work who just went to a family members funeral. Died of covid. Have to wait till Monday to see if he is still spewing out his praising the republican party and anti vaccine rhetoric. Both cases and the death toll keeps rising. According to John Hopkins University there has been over 670.000 US deaths. The good news is more than half of our population has at least one of the two shots. It appears that some major right wing media outlets (fox news) is now telling people to get the shots. Guess their ratings went down. All their viewers are dying off. Hopefully these people will come to terms with the fact that it is the right wing media and republican party who murdered their friends, family members and now children.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2021, 09:13:54 am »
Kobuk, wet cough good. Dry cough bad. Still best to get checked. Because only 2/3 or 67% of covid cases have dry coughs.

We have a anti vaccer at work who just went to a family members funeral. Died of covid. Have to wait till Monday to see if he is still spewing out his praising the republican party and anti vaccine rhetoric. Both cases and the death toll keeps rising. According to John Hopkins University there has been over 670.000 US deaths. The good news is more than half of our population has at least one of the two shots. It appears that some major right wing media outlets (fox news) is now telling people to get the shots. Guess their ratings went down. All their viewers are dying off. Hopefully these people will come to terms with the fact that it is the right wing media and republican party who murdered their friends, family members and now children.

And the bad news of that is that some people tend to believe that's all they need is just one shot when in reality it actually takes 2 shots to be fully vaccinated.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require 2 shots to be effective.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is 1 shot.
And booster shots "may" be needed, but the FDA and CDC are still discussing that at the moment. If boosters are needed, I'm getting one. No hesitation from me. :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2021, 01:35:38 pm »
Well, this is slightly good news. :) I got the Moderna vaccine back in April/May. What did everybody else get?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/moderna-vaccine-most-effective-cdc-study/index.html

On a side note........

Sticks sign on front door of my cafe/coffee shop: "Masks required. No exceptions. Furs who refuse to wear a mask and/or are unvaccinated must order and pick up outside by the kitchen window. "

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2021, 09:23:47 pm »
I got the second pfizer shot on April 21st 2021.
There were few side effects for me, and no different than any vac I've gotten. 
Unfortunately I did not develop super powers, or grow fur IRL.
I hardly felt the shot.  Needles do not bother me anymore so I'm relaxed getting shots. 

I am confused on the hesitation from some.
I often think this,  God gave us a brain,  use it. Get the shot.
And for non believers I say,  see the science, get the shot.
We have freedoms,  but to the point of infringing on others freedoms and safety? Idk.

When I went to college I had to show proof of vaccines before going.  I'm glad students had meningitis vaccines. 
I wish people would get the covid shot, then we can get back to life.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2021, 03:24:43 am »
Went to our local wallmart today. Big sign on the doors asking for all shoppers to wear masks. America is now over 672000 deaths. And 41.993000+ confirmed cases. Guess places are trying their best to keep as many people alive as possible. There were 405000+ American deaths in WWII. With a total of 1,079000+ total casualties. Republicans and right wing media have killed off more Americans AND caused more Americans to suffer than nazi Germany.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2021, 05:19:58 pm »
It's official. Covid has now killed more people in America than the 1918 flu pandemic.  :o  :'(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/health/us-covid-deaths-surpass-1918-pandemic/index.html