4 (25%)
Moderately worried.
4 (25%)
Substantially worried.
4 (25%)
Panic mode!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?  (Read 23701 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2020, 07:25:51 am »
Kobuk, I"m talking about the chemical that's in hand sanitizer. It's the same chemical that's in everything from mouthwash to hygiene products. it's safe as long as it's not internal. And only safe when diluted. It will cause chemical burns. Once internal it will burn everything it touches.

Yep. trump is already lying about this. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2020, 01:17:07 pm »
Coronavirus has hit employment pretty bad. But, there is some good news.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/06/economy/jobs-restaurants-construction-dentists/index.html

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2020, 08:12:39 pm »
I'm sure a lot of furry cons have been canceled due to the coronavirus. But just out of curiosity, does anybody know of any furs/fursuiters that have come down sick with it.......or passed away?

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2020, 01:30:59 am »
Being a gray muzzle this is a real concern of mine. As of now I haven't heard of any. Wondering if anyone who attended Furry Fiesta got it. Holding that con was about as dumb as most things they do in Texas.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2020, 10:33:40 am »
Being a gray muzzle this is a real concern of mine. As of now I haven't heard of any. Wondering if anyone who attended Furry Fiesta got it. Holding that con was about as dumb as most things they do in Texas.

They actually held that con?  :o  *shakes head*  Stupid. Just stupid.  :P

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2020, 02:22:42 pm »

It was held at the end of February, so I don't think we'd quite gotten a grasp on what we were dealing with yet.

Per sources I've spoken to revolving around the con organizing space, we shouldn't realistically expect any cons to return until Spring of next year. They're pretty much the antithesis of social distancing, and I don't think I'd want to go to one that was designed with that in mind anyway.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2020, 02:48:20 pm »

It was held at the end of February, so I don't think we'd quite gotten a grasp on what we were dealing with yet.

Per sources I've spoken to revolving around the con organizing space, we shouldn't realistically expect any cons to return until Spring of next year. They're pretty much the antithesis of social distancing, and I don't think I'd want to go to one that was designed with that in mind anyway.

Practically every model contest that I've wanted to go to this year has been canceled.  :'( Except for one which was on March 7th earlier. I know there's two more coming up in October, but I'm not holding my breath for them to stay open. They'll probably cancel as well. :(

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2020, 09:46:49 pm »
I'm not worried about the virus my immune system is too strong

Not to bust your bubble there friend but a strong immune system can also kill you because it overreacts to threats. You don't want your system to go crazy over the virus and start attacking even healthy cells because that's even worse for you than the virus.

I'm with Kobuk, no one is fully immune and you shouldn't believe yourself untouchable because you think your immune system can handle it and you certainly shouldn't believe in your system to the degree that you recklessly go out in public needlessly. That's just crazy plus that kind of mindset can give you tunnel vision where you think mostly of your own self and safety and it doesn't enter into your mind that you could potentially be carrying the virus on you and exposing others to it.

I guess what I'm saying is, even if you think you're going ot be fine because you believe in your immune system, it's no reason or excuse to disregard the procedures.

During cold and flu season I'm not effected I rarely ever get ill, I'm serious.  If I do, it's not bad it's gone by a week and generally my cough is gone after another week. The soar throat is murder though. And don't worry I stay home and sleep. It's all I want to do anyway when ill  :D

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2020, 01:14:23 am »
Your immune system only works on what it recognizes as a foreign object in your body. Unfortunately your body will not recognize this virus as a foreign body. This is why this virus spreads so quickly. We has 0 immunity to it. You have as much immunity to this as you do AIDS. ZERO.

Some people get it and die. Some go through weeks of fighting and live with damage for the rest of their lives. Some people get it, get really sick and get over it. Some people get it and don't even know they had it. But EVERYONE gets it.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2020, 06:06:42 pm »
Your immune system only works on what it recognizes as a foreign object in your body. Unfortunately your body will not recognize this virus as a foreign body. This is why this virus spreads so quickly. We has 0 immunity to it. You have as much immunity to this as you do AIDS. ZERO.

Some people get it and die. Some go through weeks of fighting and live with damage for the rest of their lives. Some people get it, get really sick and get over it. Some people get it and don't even know they had it. But EVERYONE gets it.

This is not entirely true. Some people already have antibodies to the virus, likely because they were sick at some point with a similar virus. And they actually think that most people get it and never know they had it, but yes, like you said. Everyone gets it. And everyone will get it. It's simply far too contagious to contain.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2020, 02:37:56 pm »
I've been reading a lot of news reports about how this upcoming winter could be particuarly bad. Not just because of Covid, but also the regular flu. Doctors are telling people to get their flu shots as soon as possible. Hospitals really don't want to be overwhelmed this winter with patients who have Covid and the flu. I already went out this morning and got my flu shot. How about the rest of you?

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2020, 01:01:27 pm »
Thousands more died in the cold and flue season of Jan, March and February of last year than of summer. We're going head first into that season now.

Kobuk, Yes,  this year I'm getting a flue shot. Been quite a few years for me. This year is a lot scarier. 

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2020, 02:52:52 pm »
I just got my flu shot yesterday. I'm not taking any chances. Better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Now, about that mange that's been going around Furtopia......... :o :D

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2020, 12:04:49 am »
I did not start the mange.  But if you want rid of it,  apply 5% permethrim cream all over body on skin for 24 hours. At least that works on dermodetic mites...as if I would know...
Scratch scratch :-[

I got a flu shot as well on last Friday.  For some reason it made me tired for 3 days,  but I'm all good now.

My brother now says he has covid,  will see , I hope not.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2020, 12:47:25 am »
Jade, Hope your brother fairs well and gets over it without any complications. The last flue shot I got made me tired for well over a week. One of the reasons it's been years sense the last one.

Mange? Here I thought it was just one of those new hair styles kids are doing these days.  :D

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2020, 05:21:24 am »
I've had flu before and never want to get it again or inflict that on anyone. I'm usually pretty self-isolating even pre-Covid, but as I'll be in and out of hospital having check-ups and am staying with someone high-risk, I will be getting a flu shot if at all possible.
I need to be mobile first to get myself to the doctor's office tho, so it may be a few weeks yet. I still can't drive
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 11:41:34 pm by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2020, 05:36:24 am »
I I actually get the flu almost or some other COV virus every year. I'm not sure if thats normal but it's never too bad and I never get implications. I think I might have got COVID earlier this year.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2020, 12:54:35 pm »
After getting the flu shot on Monday, I wasn't feeling very well Monday evening. Never got any sleep that night. And if I did, it was maybe 3 hours. After I get flu shots, It doesn't take long to get side effects like muscle aches, slight fever, chills, etc. I'm better now than what I was feeling on Monday night. But I'm still feeling some side effects "slightly". I think when I went in for my shot, I think they gave me something called a "high capacity" flu shot. Whatever that means?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2020, 07:14:54 pm »
I guess I still worry about the virus.  I know it's killed people in the town where my parents live.
I will keep wearing masks and washing hands etc till a vaccine is out.

I I actually get the flu almost or some other COV virus every year. I'm not sure if thats normal but it's never too bad and I never get implications. I think I might have got COVID earlier this year.
I remember getting full blown flu when I was 15.  I hurt so bad all over the pain was unbearable.  I had to take codeine +Tylenol just to get sleep. At times I was hallucinating and moaning.   My joints were all swollen and had a high fever of 103. Since then I have had arthritis symptoms.  Now I just plain have arthritis all over my body and can't sleep well and I'm not really old enough for how bad it is.   That year I got the flu,  was a year we couldn't get shots because of money and my dad's healthcare through work was very lame.  So I'm always a little worried about the flu.
I don't know how stone can get it and be ok,  and others die. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2020, 07:31:26 pm »
As of the 19th of October everyone where I work will be required to wear a mask on the job. We just had a plant shut down completely because Covid spread through it in a matter of a few days. We are part of the essential business. We can't crap down. To tell the truth most of us feel like we're expendable. This may be a pain but at best it does make ya feel a little better.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2020, 08:26:45 pm »
I guess I still worry about the virus.  I know it's killed people in the town where my parents live.
I will keep wearing masks and washing hands etc till a vaccine is out.

I remember getting full blown flu when I was 15.  I hurt so bad all over the pain was unbearable.  I had to take codeine +Tylenol just to get sleep. At times I was hallucinating and moaning.   My joints were all swollen and had a high fever of 103. Since then I have had arthritis symptoms.  Now I just plain have arthritis all over my body and can't sleep well and I'm not really old enough for how bad it is.   That year I got the flu,  was a year we couldn't get shots because of money and my dad's healthcare through work was very lame.  So I'm always a little worried about the flu.
I don't know how stone can get it and be ok,  and others die. 

depends on your genetics, your age, the strength of your immune system and other factors.
I've gotten flu a few times and I hated it. It would screw up all my sensory input, making things I drank taste awful and I start hallucinating sounds. Hearing people talk that aren't really there. Or I have dreams that are so vivid I mistake them for actual things that happened.
The flu is not something to take lightly and Covid-19 is worse than that.

But am I worried about it? Not quite. One side effect of being homeless is that I am learning to take life as it happens. To take each day in small bites. I still mask up, wash my hands, use hand sanitizer and try to avoid it but as I see it if I get it then I got it. Only thing to do at that point is to continue taking it one step at a time.
I would never advocate being thrown out of your home as a positive thing but I have learned to think more zen in this period of my life. Tomorrow is tomorrow and no one knows what tomorrow will bring, not even those who have planned their tomorrows out.

Anything can happen. So do your best to be responsible for your own hand in others lives and do what you can to not spread it around or catch it but also, relax. Breathe. Remain calm and remember: This only a moment in time. Allow it to pass.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2020, 11:01:33 pm »
When it comes to the coronavirus (and/or any other disease, flu, etc.), there's only one question I ask myself: Do you want to live?

For me, the answer is Yes. Washing hands, wearing a mask, distancing from people whenever possible, and doing anything else applicable that might keep me (or others) safe.

I want to live.
I choose to live.

But for the people who don't wear masks and don't social distance, etc., Does your freedom mean so much more to you than saving your own life or that of others? Does your freedom not to wear a mask, party with friends, etc. mean more to you than the life of your children, your wife, your father and mother, your grandparents, and so many others? If the answer to that is Yes, then there's nothing more that I want to say to you. If you're going to recklessly endanger not just yourself, but also others, then why should I care if you live or die? I'm not the one who has to look at you hooked up to a ventilator in a hospital. You made the decision not to wear a mask. You made the decision not to social distance. And for those who choose not to do those things, you have to live with the consequences of your actions. Heck, you may even have to live with the fact you made other people sick and/or other people died because of your recklessness and carefree attitude.

So when you go to sleep at night, how does it feel knowing you possibly could have made others sick or that others died? Guilty conscience yet?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:41:43 pm by Kobuk »

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 01:46:25 pm »
Leave it to the company I work for to give us all the very worst face mask you could possibly wear to fight off this virus. Lycra. Yes, they handed us all lycra face masks. I went to the main office and had a word with management. Then went out to my car and got a good mask. Most of the folks at work are wearing the masks they have and not the one giving to us by this company.

Lycra dissipates and defuses water. Making the molecules smaller. Smaller water molecules travel farther. Plus lycra offers the least amount of protection.  If you can blow a candle out wile wearing a mask the mask is useless.