Author Topic: Best Bread Ever.  (Read 1963 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Best Bread Ever.
« on: April 08, 2023, 11:20:23 pm »
I have accidentally created the best bread I've ever made. And for someone who's made hundreds of loaves that's saying something. And it was a complete accident. Started out the usual way. I made a poolish of equal parts flour and water. Letting that sit covered over night to ferment. Wasn't able to get to making the bread in the morning. Nor all day. By that night I simply ran out of time. The poolish had been fermenting for over 24 hours. So I added half the weight of the flour that was originally used to give the yeast more food. Covered it tightly and put it in the fridge. The poolish than sat in the cold for 6 days. When I finally got it out of the ice box the poolish had turned gray. But it had a wonderful aroma. So I added the rest of the flour and all. And made bread. The absolute best tasting bread I have ever made. Not only does it have a strong yeast flavor but a heavy under tone of liquor and roses. It's even better with food. I will be making bread this way again. Have a poolish started now.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: Best Bread Ever.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 03:59:16 pm »
Sourdough?
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Best Bread Ever.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 03:33:24 am »
Sourdough?
Not quite. The color is like a 'herman' or sour dough starter. Gray.  But the quantity is greater.  I'm using 15 oz of flour ( almost two cups ) so the percentage of fermentation to non fermented is much higher. Plus i have to add more yeast. Because after 24 hours covered then 6 days in the fridge there isn't much starch left. Most of the yeast is dead.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.