general furry discussion > convention talk

Anthrocon Forever!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kobuk:
As I was lying in bed last night, I couldn't help but wonder what fursuiting and the fursuit parade would be like in future years. As AC gets bigger for the 25th and 30th anniversaries, as well as other future years, the logistical issues of having a parade, a headless lounge, and so much more are going to be more of a nightmare than they already are.  :o

2,132 fursuiters were at AC2019. By the 25th anniversary of AC2021, I suspect that number to be maybe around 2,500+/-.
By the time of AC's 30th anniversary in 2026, I would guess maybe in the 3,000 to 3,500 range. That's a bit of a long shot, but anything's possible.

As the # of fursuiters increases, I can only imagine that more headless lounges will have to be added for cooling off. But can a parade be done with 2,500, 3,000, or more suiters? Good question. At some point, there has to be a limit. Will there even be a parade in future years? If one long parade gets to be too much to handle, the only thing I can think of would be to split the parade up into 2 smaller parades. Maybe have one parade with names of suiters between A to M. Have a second parade with suiter names between N to Z.

Well, whatever happens in the future, one thing is for certain: It will get bigger.  :o

FarFar:
I agree with all of what is being said regarding the 25/30 years of Anthrocon. It will more then likely get bigger with each passing year. As such, the logistics are going to have to be worked on and modified to handle the increase in attendees.  The fursuit parade and headless lounges in particular are going to need to be looked at more closely due to the sheer numbers. Having said that, I think that the logistics will be able to be worked out. I was there this year (2019) and it all worked out great! I'm confident that future committees will be able to work things out such that we all will have a great time!

Iara Warriorfeather:
I would love to go to AC in the next year or two! I have been planning a visit to the East coast for a year or so anyway, and I've always wanted to go to AC! If I can save the money and set aside the time for the trip, I hope I can make it out!  8)

I've never been to that big of a con before, it will be scary but fun! I hope I will run into you or other Furtopia posters!

Kobuk:
So, is anybody interested in going to Anthrocon's 25th anniversary in 2021?
Anybody interested in sharing a room?
I'm thinking of going, but I won't be in fursuit. I'll just be my normal human self sadly. :(
I can't book the room myself. Somebody else would have to do that.

Jade?
FarFar?
Rocket Coyote?
Anybody else?

Of course, this is all tenative. Anything can change between now and then.

Jade Sinapu:
I will see how well I can handle DenFur with my seriously introverted stupid self in the next few days... and if that goes swimmingly and also if I get a job and back on track... I hope to be able to go to Anthrocon in 2021. And yeah... i might have to pay only part of that hotel stay too... so maybe we are looking at a crowded room.  I don't think I will be able to maintain non human form for 100% of time either.  Just saying that if it makes any difference to anyone.  Sorry I am also not an Adonis.  :-[   However, at this time I do not snore and  am usually a clean mostly neat/organized person.  I do have a bit of anxiety / nerves, so just an FYI.  No I am not a total train wreck.  (However, You may wake up with a dirty sock near your head if you sleep later than me)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version