Author Topic: Xmas exchange 2012!  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
Xmas exchange 2012!
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:16 pm »
Yes, redyoshi49q, we are able to put on the Christmas exchange again this year. :)

I need to find the rules for previous years.

from Savaaha, 2008 (edited for 2012);
So, if you are interested in participating this year, all you have to do is post here that you can do it, if you're willing to send over seas or not and some gift ideas to help who ever you're assigned to with your gift.

Then PM Kada-Ru your physical address.  These will be kept private except for the person that is sending you an exchange. Nothing over $15 but if you wish to go over that is up to you. You can find out what your exchange likes either by looking at their profile or contacting them and asking what types of things they like.

Once the names have been matched, your address will be sent to the person that is sending you your gift, through PM.

Also, because of problems in the past if you are in the USA when sending out your present get delivery confirmation(or tracking #) for the shipment.  Then send this tracking number to your exchange and Kada-Ru. This is good for 2 things:  1. shows that you actually sent your exchange and 2. that it is not your responsibility if it gets lost in the mail or some other thing.

Minors must have parental permission to take place in this event and must give their home mailing address or PO Box address for gift. We do not require proof of parental consent, please do not abuse it as it could cause problems for you or for us.

If you want to join in but KNOW you can't afford to send anything, DO NOT say that you can.  This only looks bad on you. It could also keep you from ever participating again, the same with getting an exchange and never sending it.  This is done on the HONOR system.  So, please, let's keep it real and fun by actually joining in and sending your exchanges!  Furtopia has been doing this exchange for the past 8 years!

And finally the most important thing of all have fun and enjoy!

EDIT Important Dates;

The deadline for participants is the 10th of November.
You then have 10 days to read over their post and to arrange a gift for your assigned Furtopian
This means that you have to post the present on the 15th of December so that it will get to the recipient in good time before Christmas.

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
Re: Xmas exchange 2012!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »
I know WS and I will be participating this year and are willing to send over seas.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
I'll be able to participate and am willing to send overseas as well.  :)

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 07:22:07 pm »
Ok, Mylo.  Just send me the name you want on your gift and your mailing address.  The reason for your name is some people don't want to use their furry name on their mail.

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:11:18 pm »
So far we have:

Mylo
Myself
WhiteShepherd
redyoshi49q

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:03 pm »
I'd like to participate as well.  I'll send a PM shortly.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:30:41 pm »
We received our gifts from Mylo today!  I love how everything was HAND made!  And Mylo, your writing is awesome!

And what was found in the box!  The box was so pretty I didn't want to open it!  LOL
Look under the tree and you will see the two little sculptures that Mylo made for us!  A Kada-Ru and Whiteshepherd.  Same as the artwork on the card!  All quite beautiful. :)

Thank you so very much for the wonderful gifts, Mylo!  *hugs from both of us*

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 09:40:16 pm »
awr, that's super awesome :3
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 04:32:57 pm »
Oh man, I totally forgot to join this year :(
Next year I'll hopefully remember!!

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »
Drake:  Yes, they are awesome! :)

Hatz:  Yes, next year you should join!  Only 2 this year besides me and WS.  But the economy the way it is these days not surprising.  Missed you joining this year!

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »
Gah, how did I miss this? I am poor, but I have a couple of things I could've given away that other people may find useful DX

Offline Mylo

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 02:57:13 am »
Thought I'd show off the awesome fudge cake that RedYoshi made me for Christmas. The picture doesnt show it, but it was comprised of three layers: chocolate, vanilla, and peanut butter. The bottom layers had specks of the other layers in them, so it almost looked like granola. :) My name is also written in white chocolate chips!  :D  Thank you so much RY!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:46:46 pm by Mylo »

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »
*starts to drool*

Lucky you!  :)

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »
Ours for Redyoshi40q went out yesterday!  Yay!  I hope you get it before the 25th!

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 03:57:38 am »
I had enough discipline to wait until Christmas to open the present from Kada/WS.  I didn't quite have enough discipline to wait until the other presents got opened; consequently, I opened the present at 1 a.m. as opposed to waiting until 6:30 p.m. (my family does Christmas weird; it's actually normal for us to wrap some of our presents *on* Christmas day).

I love it.  After I opened it, I couldn't stop smiling for several minutes.  I especially love the level of detail; the details of the digital and physical artwork, right down to the artwork on the monitors, match exceptionally well.

(image above links to larger size)

Now that I have seen the box's contents, I now understand why "very fragile" was written all over the box.  I'm glad everything got here intact.  Thanks for the gift, guys!

...Also, I'm sorry it took me so long to post about this.  I... kinda zoned out after Christmas
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »
I'm so happy you liked it!  It took me a spell to get into my head how to draw a yoshi and than I got the idea after reading you like computers, artwork and math.  I was going to put the math part on the sculpture as well but redyoshi49q turned out much larger than I had planned.  It was the VERY first sculpture I did with an armature!  And the first time of creating this character. :)

I'm glad it got to you in one piece. :)  You can actually get yoshi to sit on the chair without holding him but you just have to move him about.  I wish he wasn't so large but I didn't have time to remake him. Sorry.

I really enjoyed making this for you!  *hugs*

I had enough discipline to wait until Christmas to open the present from Kada/WS.  I didn't quite have enough discipline to wait until the other presents got opened; consequently, I opened the present at 1 a.m. as opposed to waiting until 6:30 p.m. (my family does Christmas weird; it's actually normal for us to wrap some of our presents *on* Christmas day).

I love it.  After I opened it, I couldn't stop smiling for several minutes.  I especially love the level of detail; the details of the digital and physical artwork, right down to the artwork on the monitors, match exceptionally well.

(image above links to larger size)

Now that I have seen the box's contents, I now understand why "very fragile" was written all over the box.  I'm glad everything got here intact.  Thanks for the gift, guys!

...Also, I'm sorry it took me so long to post about this.  I... kinda zoned out after Christmas

Offline Mylo

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:35 am »
Now this was quite the surprise as well!  As a second part of the gift, RY commissioned Saloonka to draw a cute version of my fursona.  RY then made a colorful background and layered the drawing on top, and now I have an awesome desktop wallpaper!  :D  Thank you so much RY and Saloonka!

Oh, and I got this on Christmas.  I'm just posting this now because I haven't had access to a computer since then.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:31:23 am by Mylo »

Offline Kada-Ru

• Female
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 05:32:03 pm »
This is quite awesome Mylo!!  :)

Now this was quite the surprise as well!  As a second part of the gift, RY commissioned Saloonka to draw a cute version of my fursona.  RY then made a colorful background and layered the drawing on top, and now I have an awesome desktop wallpaper!  :D  Thank you so much RY and Saloonka!

Oh, and I got this on Christmas.  I'm just posting this now because I haven't had access to a computer since then.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:14 pm »
Unpinning this thread from the top of the forum as the Furtopia 2012 Xmas Exchange is long since over. ;)