Author Topic: National Geographic's MARS  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
National Geographic's MARS
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:46 pm »
Anybody heard of or watched the series called MARS by National Geographic? I've only just started watching the first season and it is a fascinating documentary about what it might take and be like to travel and live on the planet Mars. Very believeable series and situations in it. Well worth the look. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_(2016_TV_series)

On a side note, what are everyone's opinions about Mars? Will we be able to go there? And if so, then when? What do you think life will be like on Mars? If anybody can get humans to Mars, I'm sure SpaceX can. I only hope I'll be alive long enough to see humanity finally reach Mars and maybe set up a small outpost there.

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
Re: National Geographic's MARS
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:42:06 pm »
I believe well make it in the next generation or two and thats if funding stays good and scientists keep working ng hard
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:18:13 am »
I believe that we will make it to mars and start a colony. Furries should be the first ones there. We can live together in a small space and be able to thrive on junk food, limited sleep, and  in crowded, overheated conditions. Anyone who has been to a con already has the credentials for this. Plus, we can easily be creative when problems happen.
I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 01:20:09 pm »
Lockheed Martin believes they can get there with project Orion. 
I believe it can happen.

I kinda wish we could fix issues here before we up and bail. Careful FarFar,  many people would like to send all furries to mars on a 1 way ride... But I suppose we would just find a way back. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 02:48:16 pm »
I kinda wish we could fix issues here before we up and bail.

Humanity can't stay in it's "crib" (Earth) forever. It is our destiny to go out into space. While I do agree that various issues need to be solved on Earth such as climate change, over population, deforestation, and so much more, we need to go out into space because what if there are resources out there that could help us to overcome our problems here on Earth? We'll never really know unless we go "out there". *points to sky*

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »

I know right? Like how bad does our planet have to get to make that the option that looks good; flee to a barren, lifeless, freezing desert planet.

Humanity can't stay in it's "crib" (Earth) forever. It is our destiny to go out into space. While I do agree that various issues need to be solved on Earth such as climate change, over population, deforestation, and so much more, we need to go out into space because what if there are resources out there that could help us to overcome our problems here on Earth? We'll never really know unless we go "out there". *points to sky*

"Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not. It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance.
Would we model ourselves on the trilobite?
Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shards thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon's worth of mud?
In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars.
"
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
And once we get to Mars, once we establish a colony and fully manage to become self sufficient, then we declare our independence! Declare our independence from the tyrannical oppressor that is Earth!

Freedom for Mars!
Freedom for Mars!
Freedom for Mars!

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 08:40:30 am »
:
And once we get to Mars, once we establish a colony and fully manage to become self sufficient, then we declare our independence! Declare our independence from the tyrannical oppressor that is Earth!

Freedom for Mars!
Freedom for Mars!
Freedom for Mars!

:goldhowl: :goldhowl:

I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 04:43:38 pm »

I know right? Like how bad does our planet have to get to make that the option that looks good; flee to a barren, lifeless, freezing desert planet.

"Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not. It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance.
Would we model ourselves on the trilobite?
Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shards thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon's worth of mud?
In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars.
"

Who is that last quote from?  Very good!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)