Author Topic: What are "woke" furries?  (Read 4766 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
What are "woke" furries?
« on: March 28, 2022, 10:59:48 am »
WOOF!
Big fuzzy clumsy dog here!  (mind the drool, I haven't eaten yet)

A local Telegram Furry group here has apparently fallen apart, and several blame "woke" furries.  I googled that term, and I am not 100% sure how it applies to furry.  The organizer we had was outcast because of these woke furries, and now there is no one running the show, so this means nothing is happening.  I guess by "woke" people really mean awake, like they finally became awake aka they awoke, or had an awakening.  I find it silly and also sort of uneducated to say "woke", it just sounds stupid.  These people are apparently another name for social justice warriors.  But apparently, they are very extreme and dragging everything into the group chat, and not staying on topic furry wise. 

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: What are "woke" furries?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 01:40:25 pm »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 05:25:09 pm »
Well....seems I should just stay out of all of this.  Thanks Kobuk.

Not being against most if any of the things, these "woke" persons are for, I will be seen as bad anyway because I want to ask questions about and of the topic.  I would mildly debate things about this topic.  I get the strong feeling that I would be unwelcome. 

As for the Telegram group, it is almost dead.  How can a group of people who are so geared towards "doing the right thing", be so adamant that our furry group leader on telegram be a bad person, and cause him to leave, and also not replace them with anyone, and let the group die?  They seem like hypocrites.  They killed a good thing.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try.  I think I will just go away, it is easier. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 02:31:04 am »
Well....seems I should just stay out of all of this.  Thanks Kobuk.

Not being against most if any of the things, these "woke" persons are for, I will be seen as bad anyway because I want to ask questions about and of the topic.  I would mildly debate things about this topic.  I get the strong feeling that I would be unwelcome. 

As for the Telegram group, it is almost dead.  How can a group of people who are so geared towards "doing the right thing", be so adamant that our furry group leader on telegram be a bad person, and cause him to leave, and also not replace them with anyone, and let the group die?  They seem like hypocrites.  They killed a good thing.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try.  I think I will just go away, it is easier.

You're not allowed to ask questions. Questions lead to critical thinking, and all that will do is get you into trouble. Don't do it. Blind, unthinking, obediance is the only way to go.  :D
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 07:14:49 pm »
"Woke" furries are just the latest excuse that rude people use for why they get kicked out of things. There's a new one every couple of years, but notice how it's always everybody's fault but theirs.

Offline DDD

• Species: White Tiger
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 05:32:40 am »
Drama existed at the earliest forms of the furry fandom (80's & 90's).
Drama will always exist in the furry fandom.

Also, you know when you are getting old when people are using words that have no logical meaning, and are frustrating to comprehend. Welcome to the grey muzzles club ^.^

DDD
Those who cannot walk, but can imagine, can fly.
Those who can walk, but cannot imagine, are limited to walking.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 03:32:41 pm »
The way I understand wokeness is it is an all-encompassing, religious, philosophical, social, political, ideology.  There is a lot more to my defining such as intersectionality. The problem I see in the fandom is like many ideology on the left, institutions, aesthetics and art, only exist to serve and conform to the cause and suppress any questioning or  non-conformity.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 12:33:47 am »
DDD. Yep still trying to figure out how completely clueless and cant think for themselves became "Woke". A word that's past tense of waking. Example of 'woke' in sentence. " I believe Trump didn't put those documents that he put there that he can just think about and declassify just by thinking about the documents he didn't put there.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 04:09:37 am »
The way I understand wokeness is it is an all-encompassing, religious, philosophical, social, political, ideology.  There is a lot more to my defining such as intersectionality. The problem I see in the fandom is like many ideology on the left, institutions, aesthetics and art, only exist to serve and conform to the cause and suppress any questioning or  non-conformity.

If it exists out there in the wider world, it will find its way into our slice of that world, sooner or later. But you knew that already.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#