Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Firelight on December 03, 2021, 09:55:45 pm »
Today Bi-polar XD
Meaning meaning cold in morning and then cloudy, then sunny and cold.
general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Firelight on December 03, 2021, 09:53:33 pm »
Nothing much.
general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Kobuk on December 03, 2021, 09:19:54 pm »
Sat. - Not much. Might go out and browse a few stores.
Sun. - Weather is supposed to be crappy. So probably stay home and relax.
the polling booth / Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Last post by Kobuk on December 03, 2021, 09:18:10 pm »
Just got my booster shot today. As the old saying goes: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. :)
news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on December 03, 2021, 12:56:18 pm »

Personally I think we need to stop  any and all vigilantism in this country. Because
most people that involve themselves in private enforcement of the law, usually go
too far, just as these 3 men in Georgia did. Even well trained policemen and police women
allow themselves to go too far at times. We are all human   and subject to human   failure,  So law enforcement should be limited to well trained people.

As long as people see the black race as being overly aggressive  , I fear black people
will have a hard time getting  justice in this country. It will take more than a Democrat in the
White House to put laws in effect to protect the rights of people of color. Because the GOP is out
to win votes, and they see the support of people of color costing them a lot of votes by people who hate blacks and other people of color. So people of color and others who support them need to use their votes  to remove the conservative radicals from the
republican party, local state, and federal. If we
don't I fear we will soon be a one party autocracy, headed  for a possible  civil war.

As I have said in the past, I am not a fan of abortion, but the GOP seems to only be
interested  in keeping the poor from getting abortions. Women who can afford  to travel are free
to get one any time they wish, by leaving the state, or the country.
 If the GOP would punish women instead of doctors or clinics, then the law would treat all women the same , no  matter where they got one. But no, as this would cost the GOP support from a  lot of women.
When   Trump started to run for president he publicly  said women should be punished , but the GOP
told  him this would likely cost him the election, so he changed his mind about punishing women for abortions.  This alone is proof that the GOP is only against abortion to get votes from the far right and
the rich. They aren't worried about the poor, as they often don't even vote.

All this aside making abortion illegal is a mistake in my opinion. Just as laws making theft illegal doesn't
keep people from stealing, laws against abortion won't stop women who want one from getting an
abortion. They will do it themselves or pay a crook to do it for them. In fact making it illegal will
likely increase the number of abortions, because doctors and clinics won't be available to talk
women out of having one. Sadly radicals who imagine laws will stop all abortions are  unwilling
to listen to anything but their own nonsense. So with a conservative supreme court abortion
will likely be made illegal once more, and women will suffer for it. some will even die attempting it
themselves or by someone who only wants to make a buck, and the radicals or the
GOP could care less.

general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on December 03, 2021, 11:22:37 am »
My company has really ramped up the craziness.  They are off their rocker for sure!  What they envision does not align with what we can do, or what we know.
I see it going poorly fast.  Therefore, I should probably find another job in town.  :(
The company needs to seriously get their brains on straight!
I know I will try my hardest, I always do.  And I know it will be 3-6 months before things get seriously hot.  So I might have 1 year before I should blow out of there.
It just stinks to know, I might need to change jobs.

Honestly, I want to get out of my current line of work, but feel stuck and do not know how to get out of it.
It does bring me some money and stuff, but there is no happiness associated with it.  In fact it is my largest source of pain.
It would be okay if the job was do-able.  But it is tenuous at best.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on December 02, 2021, 11:09:32 am »
I do worry about Omicron.  Sounds like a lot of mutations at once.  The virus is adaptable. 
People let it mutate, they will now think vaccines do nothing, people will give up and it will mutate more.
I see a potential for acceleration due to people's stupidity.
The virus takes advantage of our social and political weaknesses.
The virus is putting up more of a united front against humanity than we are against it.  And it has no intelligence.
« Last post by cause the rat on December 02, 2021, 12:48:52 am »
Another murder has died of Covid. Unfortunately his wife is continuing with his message. Making it sound as if it wasn't covid that killed him. "His heart just gave out."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/media/marcus-lamb-covid-death/index.html
furry greetings / Re: UPDATES ON ME
« Last post by Amducious on November 29, 2021, 02:13:40 am »
I've been to Slab City a couple of times I went there when Cornelius was still running The Libarary. Met a guy named Orlando, it's funny we didn't see him for awhile my dad and I came back to the slabs during the winter to just see what's up and going on there. Low and behold we spot him and he still recognized us. We met some people passing through with some vans and staying there. Funny you mentioning living there brings back all the memories of going out there to just check it out and talk with people.

Just be smart about things with anything and it's already good you're with other people. I'm in Temecula which is only about a 2 hour drive out there towards Anza-Borrego State Park. Just be glad you're there when it's cool because in the summer time it's brutal out there easy triple digits.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Donald Trump beats Chuck Norris.
« Last post by cause the rat on November 27, 2021, 11:23:37 pm »
Benjamin. People get honorary degrees for contributing to what every the art or sport is. Herbie Hancock received one from Juilliard. Because if his contribution to jazz music. Other's who have received honorary degrees. J.K. Rowling. Albert Einstein, Walt Disney, Stephen W. Hawking. It's obvious those giving the degrees wanted to be associated with the recipients. Trumps honorary black belt is both disgusting and disgraceful. I really home those who have actually earned their degrees from that dojo return them and seek other dojos to re earn them back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10