Author Topic: Foods you can't eat.  (Read 18199 times)

Offline BrightEyedHoot

• Species: Barn Owl (Tyto Alba)
Re: Foods you can't eat.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2016, 10:26:57 pm »
Marmite, otherwise known as Yeast extract :P
ok, but does anyone who loves themselves actually like it?

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2016, 04:31:01 am »
I had to dissect a shark in zoology, can't eat shellfish now.... Mainly due to the taste and stench of a dead shark, dear God the smell.... Those memories haunt me still.
Every now and then...

Offline BrightEyedHoot

• Species: Barn Owl (Tyto Alba)
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2016, 11:04:29 am »
I had to dissect a shark in zoology, can't eat shellfish now.... Mainly due to the taste and stench of a dead shark, dear God the smell.... Those memories haunt me still.
my dad's high school made them dissect a shark the same week as prom

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2016, 10:48:46 pm »
^^We dissected a shark in biology last year! my partner stabbed me with a scalpel. :-[

Anyway, I really don't like mustard, especially that spicy mustard you can get at Asian restaurants. It makes my nose itch and burn sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:50:32 pm by Bronx »
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2016, 04:09:03 am »
Liver. Hated it since I was a kid.

Prunes and prune juice. My mom tried to convince my brother and I that prune juice was just like Coke. Even when I was 6 or 7 I wasn't buying that story.

Lima beans and okra. Slimy.

Tapioca. Not only does it taste bad, but the texture is just vile. No other word to describe it.

Oatmeal or any hot cereal. There was a discussion thread on this. One of my earliest memories (I was 4) was while visiting family in Toronto my old Scottish grandmother could not get me to eat my porridge.

Coconut. Can't stand the texture.

There are other foods I dislike, but the items above are on my "must-never-appear-on-my-plate" list. And since I do all the household grocery shopping and cooking I have final say on what goes on the grocery list. If I don't like it, I don't buy it, and I won't force the kids to eat it, either.

"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+

Offline Helios_phi

• Species: Canis lupus arctos
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2016, 08:03:00 am »
Marmite, otherwise known as Yeast extract :P
ok, but does anyone who loves themselves actually like it?

Not marmite. That is Australias scar on planet earth, but I quite like oxo or bovril. It's pretty much the same black paste but made with beef blood as apposed to vegetable extract. Yum.
Pretty much the only things I don't eat are all parts of haggis.
No guts and eyes for me thanks.
No lungs or brain. Ewe.
Throw your pebble in the mainstream and start a ripple.

Offline Ancusmitis

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2016, 03:14:20 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:40:27 pm by Ancusmitis »
Stick a fork in me--I'm done.

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2016, 11:58:18 am »
I can't eat mayonnaise I can't stand the smell
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2016, 11:29:20 pm »
I've got... too many food issues, haha. I'm a finicky eater, I guess, but only some of it is me being 'picky'.

My allergies, some of which are super weird, and most of which I actually really loved before I became allergic:
Banana, honey (I don't know ANYONE else allergic to honey), curry (don't know what in the curry it is, since it's a spice blend), peanuts (formerly my fave, really recent allergen), shellfish, anything fermented tends to make me really sick, even if it's not technically an 'allergy'...

Textural issues:
Polenta/grits, couscous... Tomato I like the taste of but hate to bite into, so I enjoy salsas and sauces and such but avoid the chunks. Some things have to be prepared a certain way-- or can't be prepared a certain way-- for texture to not set me off.

Ethical reasons:
Veal, lamb... I just don't want to eat anything that's a baby! I also won't eat rabbit (used to have a house rabbit, and just generally love them), or octopus (they are so intelligent, I can't eat something so obviously sentient!)...

Just the grossest:
Mushrooms, most squashes, zucchini, rhubarb, canned green beans... It's a combo of texture issues and flavors here.

Cream sauces are just usually too rich for me, and I don't enjoy them enough to put myself through the discomfort.

Spicy foods, acidity, and fried foods all set off my acid reflux, but that doesn't mean I won't eat them-- I just have to make choices. If I'm going to eat something fried today, I need to avoid a bunch of spice and acid in the rest of my meals, and eat blander foods the next day, if I want orange juice then I can't have a lot of oil or spice that day...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2016, 11:35:55 pm »
Spicy foods, acidity, and fried foods all set off my acid reflux, but that doesn't mean I won't eat them-- I just have to make choices. If I'm going to eat something fried today, I need to avoid a bunch of spice and acid in the rest of my meals, and eat blander foods the next day, if I want orange juice then I can't have a lot of oil or spice that day...

Have you tried seeing a doctor about this? I'm kinda the same way now. My doctor prescribed me Prilosec to take. I can still eat fried, spicy, etc. foods, but not in the quantities I used to have. I have to eat smaller portions now.

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2016, 11:41:56 pm »

Have you tried seeing a doctor about this? I'm kinda the same way now. My doctor prescribed me Prilosec to take. I can still eat fried, spicy, etc. foods, but not in the quantities I used to have. I have to eat smaller portions now.

Yeah, I've got pills for it now. It's all about limiting the amount per... well, every couple of days I can sort of cheat on my low-acid/spice/oil diet, if I cheat in a small way. But there's no being good all week for one massive cheat day. I had one year back around my senior year of high school where I couldn't 'cheat' at all, around when I first got a diagnosis and meds. It was pretty bland, but after that, I just changed a lot of how I ate and really backed off on fast foods... it felt terrible to me at the time, but I was like, the one college freshman to lose fifteen pounds instead of gaining it.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2016, 10:59:18 pm »
Lettuce gives me the yips. Can't stand raw cucumber, and peppers on pizza "repeat" on me.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Ichoro Barnus

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2016, 04:58:57 pm »
Call me weird, But I hate ketchup, Mustard, And not the biggest fan of dark chocolate. Its just so bitter  :(

Offline Howie_Noble

• Species: Lynx Rufus Sapiens (anthro bobcat)
  • everything has its poem
  • Male
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2016, 09:38:59 pm »
Raw tomatoes... ketchup is fine, v8 is fine, tomato soup and juice and sauce is all fine. it's just the slimy texture and taste of a raw tomato that makes me wanna hurl.

Ugh, ikr? I second this.
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2016, 04:17:17 am »
Caffeine keeps me up all night. That said, I tend to avoid it unless it's a special occasion.

As far as foods I don't like go, pickles, olives, anything that's been sitting in a brine.

Offline Chillaaja

• Species: Lynx
  • Tough Mobile Sprout
  • Male
    • Weasyl
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2016, 06:30:57 am »
Raw apples occasionally make my stomach hurt (at least if I eat more than one at a time) but that doesn't stop me. Apples are delicious.

I avoid ketchup. Anything else is fair game.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2017, 01:55:26 pm »
Raw oysters. Blech.

Cooked on the other hand... *nom*
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »
Raw oysters. Blech.

Cooked on the other hand... *nom*

:P  x_x  :P

Offline Howie_Noble

• Species: Lynx Rufus Sapiens (anthro bobcat)
  • everything has its poem
  • Male
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »
soylent green
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2017, 07:42:31 am »
Rhubarb. The taste almost made me throw up. There are probably others, but this is the first thing that comes to mind.