Author Topic: Soups  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Soups
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:00:24 pm »
Ever have a favorite soup? Do you like to have a good hot bowl of soup on a cold winters day? What are your favorites? Do you make your own or buy from a store? What ingrediants do you like or not like?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Soups
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »
I've been getting through a lot of soup lately, partly because my house has no heating and partly because I've been rather ill for the last couple of weeks.
I tend to buy from a store, because I don't have the time to make my own. My mum has a recipe for a very nice vegetable soup that I'm going to try and get from her when I see her over Christmas, so when I do I'll try and remember to post the recipe on here, because it is very nice.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:46:50 pm »
I've been on a Butternut Squash soup kick lately. I like some tomato soups, but not usually the condensed version. Usually the bisques with more flavor in them. I still like the more traditional beef or chicken and noodle soups, but the squash and tomato usually seem a bit more filling and are better for warming up on those bitter cold days.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:03:08 am »
My husband makes a soup his dad invented that involves ramen, tuna, cabbage (lots of cabbage), broccoli, carrots, celery, Chinese 5 spices, white pepper, white vinegar, soy sauce, and a little bit of sesame oil on top.  When I was first introduced to it in college, I thought it was kind of weird, but I've come to really enjoy it.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:12:41 am »
Soup is very danagerous thing, not only is a load of most nasty vegetables, they're all mixed totether in one bowl.  Explains why my favourite, seafood showder.

But I live in bed so soup generaly a bad idea, but if I get some of the liquid drainied out, makeing it it thinker, I can eat it. ALso, the ever classic, tomato soup in a mug with a staw.

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:02:55 am »
any kind of soup, so long as it's well made. I lovees teh soups!
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 12:54:03 pm »
I like tomato soup when I'm eating it with grilled cheese. I like ripping pieces of the sandvich off and dipping it.

Otherwise, I'm partial to good old chicken noodle :D!

Offline phoenixwolf

• ranger wolf!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 12:58:23 pm »
Mmmmmmmm.......tamato soup!

Offline Korin S.

• It's about what you /think/.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 02:19:45 am »
My favorite kind of soup is this sort:

Campbell's Chunky Fully Loaded range.

And the advert was pretty fun to watch too. Fully loaded can!

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 03:10:52 am »
I like tomato soup when I'm eating it with grilled cheese. I like ripping pieces of the sandvich off and dipping it.

If I eat a grilled cheese sandwich without tomato soup, it feels deeply, deeply wrong.  Deeply.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
Tomato soup with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.
Hearty chicken noodle.
Beef vegetable.
Clam chowder.
Beef stew.

I like almost any soup, but prefer not to have soups that have mushrooms in them.  :P I tend to buy a lot of the CHUNKY brand soups.

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:29:29 am »
Tomato soup! I absolutely love tomato soup. There is a really good one that Panera sells. And it always pairs so well with grilled cheese! I love chili too. I have a base recipe that I change every time I make it. So good :3 And broccoli and cheese soup, white chicken chili, chicken corn chowder and homemade beef stew and chicken noodle. I can't wait to make soup this winter.
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »
Homemade chickn'n'dumplings. Especially when you drain off most of the weak broth you make from boiling the chicken and replace the liquid with milk. The loose dough from your dumplings melts into the base during cooking, and it tastes amazing~
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Ezrah

• Species: Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix
  • (AKA Geiger)
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 02:11:31 am »
There are a couple I like. My absolute favorite is French onion soup. It's nice to put some provolone cheese on it and let it melt on it. That gives it a very nice contrast of flavor. My second favorite would have to be Cheddar and Broccoli from Panera. 
Come and join the party dressed to kill.

Avatar done by Star-gazer on FurAffinity.

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:13 am »
Not a big fan of real spicy soups, though I can enjoy mild stuff. My favorite is a good corn chowder :3
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »
I like pretty much any soup that isn't a cream of something. Broth for this cat here ;)!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »
I love tomato soup. It's great to have with some cheese on top, coupled with a sandwich. 

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »
Recently, I've modified a crab bisque recipy that I really enjoy (as this is my third time mentioning it on this site :-[). My family likea it served over linguini, but I still consider it a soup.

You'll need:
1 saucepan (the wider the workspace on the bottom, the better.
Something to stir/ladel with that doesn't try to burn your hand
1/4 cup half-n-half
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup dry sherry (if you are under age, please only make the recipe in a supervised kitchen. I have not tried to make this   
                                    without the sherry, so please, if you omit the sherry, tell me what toy think!)
2 regular-sized cans cream-of-mushroom
1/2 cup crab meat (you can use imitation crab meat, but then you most definantly need to use:)
Your choice seafood seasoning blend to taste

Combine the seafood and the seasoning and let rest for an hour and a half in the fridge before moving on. Take all of the ingredients exept for the crab and combine in the saucepan. Set on hi heat and let boil, stirring so that soup doesn't char to the bottom. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and add the crab. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serves 4 people as a soup, and 6 people if used over something like pasta or rice.
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 03:14:05 am »
i love "Hot and sour soup" and ether my dad makes it or we go to a restaurants

Offline Sequester

• Species: Bewitched Cat-Plant
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00:47 am »
I've been on a noodle soup kick lately, mostly rice or buckwheat/soba noodles.

The other day I made my own dashi stock because I grew afraid of the instant stuff that was mostly salt and MSG. It was actually very easy to make and had a much richer flavor than I was expecting. Next I'll be trying my paws at making miso soup from scratch!

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »
French Onion Soup is one of my favorites :D
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »
not sure if this counts but Japanese curry.

and if that does not count, then clam chowder  :)
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline tobi wulf

• Male
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »

If I eat a grilled cheese sandwich without tomato soup, it feels deeply, deeply wrong.  Deeply.
i second the first statement and third the second. wait what?
refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, ARGHHHHHHHHHHH STILL NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 08:38:56 pm »
I love soup!

Broccoli cheddar is my favorite, clam chowder is a close second. Chicken tortilla is also good, as is black bean. Minestrone is good, so is chilli, and chicken and dumpling, and tomato basil, and lobster bisque...

I just like soup!

Offline Amarok

• Male
    • Brandless
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 07:23:59 pm »
My husband makes a soup his dad invented that involves ramen, tuna, cabbage (lots of cabbage), broccoli, carrots, celery, Chinese 5 spices, white pepper, white vinegar, soy sauce, and a little bit of sesame oil on top.  When I was first introduced to it in college, I thought it was kind of weird, but I've come to really enjoy it.

sounds like kimchi jjigae

my favorite is onion soup, and mushroom ... and mustard ......... and curry .......... and green pea

:goldlaugh:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:25:40 pm by Amarok »