Author Topic: Furry chefs?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
Furry chefs?
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:23:07 pm »
Probably a really weird topic...I know. But do any other furs like to cook? I love it cause you have to see what goes with what and making foods that are mine and stuffs.
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Re: Furry chefs?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:30:09 pm »
There's actually a whole sub-forum here devoted to cooking and foods.  So, I'd say your answer is 'yes.'

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?board=83.0
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »
 :-[ Oh. Heh. I knew that.
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »
Moved from GNFD forum to Food forum as the topic is better suited here.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:47:03 pm »
As of right now, I have no clue what I want to do with my life, and I like to cook. I have, however, been told the ills of a proffesional kitchen, so I'm not to sure of pro chef as a career choice. (:
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »
As of right now, I have no clue what I want to do with my life, and I like to cook. I have, however, been told the ills of a proffesional kitchen, so I'm not to sure of pro chef as a career choice. (:

I don't know what the ills of a professional kitchen are like, but I do know that every career has its downsides.  I've also seen people in a fair number of different fields be told to avoid the field that interests them because of the downsides.  However, if there are always going to be downsides, you might as well start off by pursuing something you enjoy.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »
Being a chef for a restaurant or other food service place can be a very stressful job. I should know as I used to work in a combination restaurant and catering company. I wasn't a chef, but I did help with food production from time to time. One issue is consistency. You have to be very consistent in your work and how you cook things. Second, the amount of planning and preparation that goes into a menu, banquet, etc. can be tedious. Don't ever get a job as a chef in the catering business. The menu's can change not just daily, but hourly as well. You have to deal with amounts of people constantly changing too.

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:26 pm »
do you have a locle bocces ware you live that cousin started and he works delmonicos out in Syracuse new york
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 10:46:16 pm »
My character is sometimes depicted as a chef in the Carry On! and Cross Time Cafe webcomics.  I worked for a food processing plant for many years, in quality control.

I do a bit of wild game cooking, mostly venison, plus Catch of Day from the local waters.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 11:23:58 am »
When I cook, I'm nearly my most creative. It's ahobby, but also a bit random; I ussually don't follow recipes and make my own things. Like Bacon-hashbrown-Grilled Chicken-Omelets.

Sometimes it goes well... other times it ends up being a mealstrom of disturbing dishes.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 11:45:07 am »
Sometimes it goes well... other times it ends up being a mealstrom of disturbing dishes.

Or an upset stomach.  :P  x_x

Offline Huskywolf

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 11:53:13 am »

Or an upset stomach.  :P  x_x

Or a sudden.....BLEEP!! BLEEP!! BLEEP!! BLEEP!! BLEEP!!!!!   And you run into the kitchen to find flames bellowing out the grill And what remains of your bacon....... >:(

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 01:03:13 am »
Not only am I a chef but I've been a baker for 11-ish years
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 09:42:38 am »
I cook... A lot, I enjoy it too I may pursue a career in culinary arts.
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »
I'm no professional but I do like to cook. :) Especially baking :D I love baking cakes and pies and other things of the like :D

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 12:04:14 pm »
Yes. I love cooking and baking. I just don't like the clean up!

Some of my favorite things to make are chili, chicken stir fry, burritos, burgers, spaghetti and meatballs, stroganoff, salmon and I made an awesome crock pot cornish hen meal. I rubbed the hens with sage and rosemary and cut up red potatoes to toss in the pot along with an onion. It turned out so good!
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »
I can and love to cook. When there  are days weekends where noting going on  I may do some pull  pork or  project cooking like a Indian dinner (curries, side dishes , appetizer), or chili.  I am proficient  in Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysia, Korean, Indian, Indonesian, and japanese cooking. i can also do a mean Italian, Greek, and Mideastern. i just go some  German, Eastern  and Russian cookbooks, so I going to explore those cuisines.

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 12:04:23 am »
I'm no professional but I do like to cook. :) Especially baking :D I love baking cakes and pies and other things of the like :D
I like making cakes, I use to make my friends 20+ layer cakes for there birthdays XD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Reverb

• Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »
XD I've been raised around food most of my life. I love cooking but I wouldn't consider it as a career. Not for me.

Offline Jayha242

• Species: Red Fox
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 03:03:08 pm »
I'm planning on going to culinary arts school after high school.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 03:30:12 pm »
 :) I'm working on an inside out cheese burger... :( but it's not very successful so far...
Mate of WereCat

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28:47 pm »
I work the grill at mcdonalds
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 03:08:45 am »
:) I'm working on an inside out cheese burger... :( but it's not very successful so far...

what?... just, how?

anyway i make some great deserts. im best with creme brulee, and lemon bars ( i has secret to lemon bar recipe), and my family has a secret swedish pancake recipe ( call them crapes and i will cut you with a play-dough knife). they may be similar but they are different (i think)
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Jayha242

• Species: Red Fox
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »

Don't worry if KFC can do it with chicken I know you can.