Author Topic: Sea bound souls (pirate RP) (OOC, Sign up)  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Sea bound souls (pirate RP) (OOC, Sign up)
« on: December 04, 2016, 11:35:54 am »
Some of you may remember more clearly, but those of you who don't, you get a rude awakening as a wave washes over the deck of The shameful hanged. Your last memory was that of a smoky tavern, and a lot of drinks. And a call for a crew that you signed.
It's not a ship you've heard much about if you've heard about it at all, not out of mystery, but rather a lack of importance. Either way though, you look to be far out into open water, and you aren't THAT good at swimming, so for the time you're stuck here. It's not so bad. The sun is warm, the waves are calm, and a good wind fills the sails. One of the crewmates is going around waking people up, he's an otter, fairly large, but his muscles ripple from his long life aboard the ship. "Oy, yer, already awake? Well, get up, yer not gettin paid t' be a barnacle"
Navigator
gunner
boarding party member (need at least 2 of these)
Cabin Boy
crowsnest
ships carpenter

Any positions not filled by players will be filled by characters that I will create

ALL WEAPONS MUST BE GOLDEN AGE OF PIRACY this means around 1650-1730
this means mostly flintlock weapons, swords, and bows
but you aren't specifically restricted to those

That said
RULES!
because a captain has to keep his crew in line

1.no godmodding. You're not going to swim faster than a ship, and you're not a superhero.
2.no metagaming. if you know there is treasure, and your character doesn't, and your character goes for the treasure, guess what? You're metagaming.
3. Forum rules! Obey them, if you get keelhauled by the admins, you probably deserve it.
4.stick to the historical timeline, your character isn't going to be the chemist pioneer who discovers napalm and starts burning down ships.
5.get along! You're all on the same ship, same crew. If you don't play nicely, you're going to the brig.
6. don't stock your character with a ridiculous number of weapons.
7.If I chose an AGM his character gets the position of first mate. You may make another character to be first mate, promote your own, I don't care. My AGM is in charge too. What they say is not to be argued with, waited for, or otherwise belayed or delayed by anyone but me.
8.careful with alcohol use. I know we are pirates, but if you over use, you're walking the plank
9.have fun.
and
10. Take what you can, give nothing back!

Card skeleton
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Species-
Nationality-
Personality-
Appearance-
Clothing-
Backstory-
Weapons-
Equipment-
other-

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:18:46 pm by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Shift

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
Re: Sea bound souls (pirate RP) (OOC, Sign up)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:45:43 am »
Name: Shift Xeno
Species:Mountain Wolf
Nationality: Chinese
Personality:Quiet, solemn, thoughtful, hardworking, intelligent, blunt.
Appearance: six feet tall, two hundred thirty pounds, semi-fit, black defining fur, white stomach fur and neck fur, black hair with red tips, left eye red with a scar stretching across it across the muzzle, right eye green.
Clothing: thick weathered boots, worn but tough cloth pants, cotton shirt, and thick leather duster.
Backstory:Orphaned and raised on the streets, he scrapped by for many years on scraps, and stealing for coin, soon enough he had earned somewhat of a reputation as he drifted from town to town all over china, doing jobs both legal and not before settling in a port town, soon enough his reputation caught up to him and he had a choice, either be hanged, or join the countries navy. H e spent several years working and toiling on various military ships across the world, representing his country whether he wanted to or not, soon enough managed to earn himself some regard as a navigater, the captain having lost the enemy in the oncoming fog, it was only due to his experience and an uncountable amount of nights breaking into the captains room and studying the various charts and books within that he was able to suddenly take charge and avoid a mass of rocks, with the captain in his debt he concluded his time being forced to work in the navy, and managed a ship of his own, for five long years he fought pirates and defended his homeland, before the politics of his home decided that his methods were to "unorthodox". His ship taken from him, his name shammed, and his rank stripped from him, his heart burns for a chance to get back at the petty government that had so carelessly thrown him away, and a longing to get back to the seas that had become his home. He tried many times, applying for any ship he could, but his past followed him, so many unwilling to hire a shamed captain, at the end of his rope, he applies for a no name ship at a dead end tavern, hoping against hope, that he may have a chance to return to the ocean.
Weapons: a long dagger in his boot, two throwing knives in his duster, and a cutlass at his side.
Equipment: compass, map of the various places he has traveled, a journal of his adventures, and a pocket watch.
Applying for position of Navigator.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:17:09 am by Shift »

Offline midnightparadox92

• Species: fox-dragon
  • there is more than one reality.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:22:21 pm »
if i can join then this is my character:

name: foxy the pirate
species: fox-dragon
nationality: caribbean
personality: bold, outgoing, good sense of humor, lonesome.
appearance: 6 feet 5in, 130 lb, semi-fit, purple fur with black patterns, wings have a purple transparent membrane with black swirls, grey stomach and neck fur, black fur with purple tips, eyes shift between purple, red, and blue, a scar runs down neck to stomach.
clothing: leather knee high boots, tattered dark grey pants, leather vest, white long sleeve button up shirt, pirate hat.
backstory: was set off to sea at an early age and quickly became outlawed. soon became a ship builder and made my own ship and started my own crew. eventually started sailing the seven seas and hunted for legends like the fountain of youth. my ship was taken away and was put in prison but escaped and is looking to join a crew. is very skilled with a blade.
weapons: long thin sword, a small dagger, a pistol, and a tomahawk.
equipment: compass, amethyst crystals,  map.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:00:41 pm by midnightparadox92 »
not many understand that reality...it's all fake...

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:26:01 pm »
applying for crowsnest
would like to be first mate... but knows its unlikely...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:32:04 pm by midnightparadox92 »

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:30:41 pm »
Name: Jaeger
Species: red eyed heron
Nationality: german
Personality: under development
Appearance: 6' 4" somewhat thin built, bright white feathers. Black head with a long white beak, white skull pattern against the black, and blood red eyes.
Clothing: wears a long ragged black leather coat with black pants and black boots.
Weapons: typically uses an array of throwing/fighting knives hidden on his body, but also carries a long barreled flintlock on his back.
Equipment: engraved ivory powder horn, custom hidden knife sheaths in jacket including in sleeve wrists.
Position: first mate
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:34:18 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 12:49:06 am »
This one looks like it'd be pretty fun!

Looking for Boarding Party Member
Card skeleton
Name- Jack Dawson
Age- 29
Gender- Male
Species- red fox
Nationality- England
Personality- assertive, aggressive, but knows his place. A loyal and trustworthy individual, but is ruthless to those who betray him.
Appearance- Lost his left eye in a sword fight several years ago, fairly big fella (for a fox, that is), about 5' 7" tall, same patterns as a normal red fox, but with black where white should be.
Clothing- loose, but not baggy or saggy, and fairly thick pants tucked into a pair leather boots with straps to hold them in place, wears a doublet that is partially opened, but laced together at the front, and is never seen without his signature hat: a duffer hat which he looted from the corpse of an Irishman some time ago. Also wears an eyepatch, even though he knows it's stereotypical.
Backstory- He had no mother growing up, and was almost always at sea with his father who literally showed him the ropes. One day, young Jack Dawson was allowed to commandeer his father's ship, with Shayne Dawson, his father, at his side. He lost his father in a pirate raid at age 25, and was dumped at an English port. Seeing as he knew nothing but the sea, he set out to find a crew to join. After a few months of failure to join a crew, he walked into a rather smokey tavern, and here's where this adventure begins.
Weapons- a flintlock pistol, two rapiers
Equipment- old compass, and a lucky ring.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 07:46:04 am »
if i can join then this is my character:

name: foxy the pirate
species: fox-dragon
nationality: caribbean
personality: bold, outgoing, good sense of humor, lonesome.
appearance: 6 feet 5in, 130 lb, semi-fit, purple fur with black patterns, wings have a purple transparent membrane with black swirls, grey stomach and neck fur, black fur with purple tips, eyes shift between purple, red, and blue, a scar runs down neck to stomach.
clothing: leather knee high boots, tattered dark grey pants, leather vest, white long sleeve button up shirt, pirate hat.
backstory: was set off to sea at an early age and quickly became outlawed. soon became a ship builder and made my own ship and started my own crew. eventually started sailing the seven seas and hunted for legends like the fountain of youth. my ship was taken away and was put in prison but escaped and is looking to join a crew. is very skilled with a blade.
weapons: long thin sword, a small dagger, a pistol, and a tomahawk.
equipment: compass, amethyst crystals, healing potions, map, pocket watch.
Tighten up your grammar
Also a no on the potions and the watch

Doc, Shift, welcome to the crew

Sledge, at least put down your clothing and desired position
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 05:01:28 pm »
ok now i have made my changes! please accept me...

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 07:43:05 pm »
sledge, midnight accepted

Sledge, I'm appointing you AGM and first mate if you'd like to take it

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »
Aye, I'll be taking that.  ;)
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:33 pm »
Aye, welcome to the crew then
you can either make your current character first mate or make another

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 10:33:43 pm »
I'll just stick with the one.

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:30 am »
alright so im the crowsnest right?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 12:33:19 am »
Yes, you're getting the crowsnest.
The first post clearly said that the AGM gets firstmate.
I think i'll give this another two days before I post up characters and start the day after that

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 01:00:37 pm »
Belay that, i'm going to be going out drinking with friends
so anyone who wants to apply gets another day

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 12:32:29 am »
Name- Gorrum
Age- 25
Gender- Male
Species- Jaguar
Nationality- Eastern European
Personality- Quiet and mostly reserved, liking quiet and not much of a fan of large gatherings, more likely to be around the edge of such events watching things rather than participating.
Appearance- Black spots against a light almost yellowish fur. Has a set of green eyes that always look tired. Like he doesn't sleep well.
Clothing- A simple set of clothes, red shirt, dark blue pants, white and stained sash around the waist. Has a set of leather boots that he rarely wears, preferring to go barefoot, and a black and horribly tattered cloak.
Backstory- Grew up in an inland village, miles away from the sea but just close enough to smell the salt. He had a boring childhood and so set upon a life of adventure as a young man, heading to a port town and learning simple boating from the fisherman he worked for. Eventually he got a small position on a ship and set out for what was supposed to be a simlle trade voyage but never really made it, instead coming to head with a horrible storm that first disabled the vessel and then wrecked them on an archiplago with 3 other survivors, a few months passed and eventually only he was found alive and retrieved to relative safety by another ship.
Weapons- 3 flintlock pistols, 2 axes and a long boot knife
Equipment- An ivory skull the size of a thumb, a set of silver cutlery, and a notebook about plants
Other- Will not talk about his history, rather to change the subject or avoid the questions. Not a fan of those who spend wastefully and has a knack for repurposing things. Spends most of his time in the kitchen, where he can work in relative peace.

Hope this suffices  Cap'n
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 07:59:00 am »
Okay, and your desired position?
I'm guessing cook considering your post

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
I'll be happy to run the Galley for ye.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 07:04:45 pm »
Okay, i'll start working on filling the remaining slots

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 07:06:22 pm »
Gunner
swabbie
ship's carpenter

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 07:56:48 pm »
Name-Quinn
Age-19
Gender-male
Species-Irish setter
Nationality-Irish
Personality-He's a cocky, loud, quick tempered young irishman, he's stubborn, crass, and rude, but fiercely loyal and reliable
Appearance- He stands around 5'9, well muscled from his naval career, weighing in at about 170. His fur is usually dusted with soot and he always smells like burned powder
Clothing-Something similar to this

Backstory-he started early as a powderboy with another crew at the age of 12, but quit when they became privateers. He's been sailing on the shameful hanged for two years now
Weapons-Grenadoes, an axe, and a blunderbus
Equipment-flint and steel, a small spyglass, and a water canteen full of oil
other-
Position-Gunner
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:00:45 pm by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 10:47:47 am »
Name-Timothy
Age-18
Gender-Male
Species-Mouse
Nationality-English (cockney)
Personality-He's a friendly skittish lad, first time on a ship, so he's pretty nervous and oblivious.
Appearance-He's a short one, his grey fur never seems to lay flat. 5'4" 86 pounds
Clothing-Like this, but a good deal more worn. Also, it's brown instead, and most of the fasteners are broken off

Backstory-Not much to say. He's a poor kid who's been working on the streets for a few years. He signed up just outside the bar as everyone was leaving. He probably saw some of you get dragged onto the ship. Probably. Maybe helped.
Weapons-mostly improvised weapons, but he does carry a small boot knife
Equipment-a small sealed flask.
other-
Position-Cabin Boy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:18:22 pm by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 12:51:47 pm »
Name-Oliver
Age-38
Gender-Male
Species-Goat
Nationality-Swedish
Personality-He's a grouchy old goat with very little patience
Appearance-his grey fur is thick and unkempt, going white in some places he's very tall and stocky standing at 6' 2"
Clothing-
Backstory-he's been around the block...a few times. Unfortunately it's hard to find work after your business literally catches on fire, so here he is.
Weapons- A large hammer, a pouch full of very large nails, and a dagger
Equipment-carpentry stuff
other-

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 01:09:49 pm »
Name-Skye
Age- 26
Gender-female
Species-Rabbit
Nationality-British English.
Personality-She's a fair captain, but she expects a lot from her crew and won't take any nonsense. That said, she's also extremely harsh when she needs to be, and won't hesitate to punish someone.
Appearance-She stands at about 5' 2", moderately muscled, and carries herself with an incredible grace...almost like a noble woman. Her fur is a pitch black, other than one white splotch on the underside of her tail. Green eyes.
Clothing-
Backstory- ?
Weapons- She carries a pair of blunderbuss, and a short sword.
Equipment-the ship and all it's assets. including you.
other-
Position-Captain of the shameful hanged

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 01:10:04 pm »
So, everyone ready?

By the way, none of you have actually met the captain yet, with the exception of the first mate.
You were all recruited by some strange heron.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:12:03 pm by Jacoby Quinn »