Author Topic: Proudest achievement?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Proudest achievement?
« on: November 17, 2020, 10:35:26 am »
List one thing that you think is a great achievement.  No need to compare to anyone.  This is about you, and what you are proud of.
And of course as time passes , you can post another response.

I am proud of taking care of a dog from a little puppy to her passing.  She taught me a lot about me, and her of course, and what it is to care about another and be responsible for them.
It made me a better person, so I feel. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Proudest achievement?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 03:39:47 pm »
Proudest achievement? Not really sure I have that many. I may not have always been the best son to my mom, but I can be proud of the fact that I did not turn into a drug addict, turned to alcoholism, don't smoke, became a criminal and went to jail, or other "bad behaviors".

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 04:45:18 pm »
That sounds like a lot to be proud of to me!
And I know,  it might be hard to list only 1 huge thing.   Many people probably feel proud about several things.
And if a person feels there is absolutely nothing to be proud of,  I bet there is,  they just can't think of it at this moment.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 08:43:16 pm »
Achieving the rank I've earned in the Civil Air Patrol. Also various commendations and awards. Appearing in Sport Rocketry magazine and also in a local newspaper while fursuiting.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 07:25:32 pm »
Umm... Having enough money that I was able to commission a fursuit! Firelight is being made as I type.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 11:15:24 pm »
 Wow! That is pretty cool!
Achieving the rank I've earned in the Civil Air Patrol. Also various commendations and awards. Appearing in Sport Rocketry magazine and also in a local newspaper while fursuiting.

Very cool Rocket. I know I've not done anything like that
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:28:11 pm by Jade Sinapu »
(Name that tune!)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 11:53:15 pm »
Finally making baby-steps towards pursuing a career in Wildland Firefighting. Starting my fire technology classes and basics/fundamentals of wildland fire behavior.  Hopefully by 2022 I'll be on a Type 2(IA) handcrew. Just a matter of getting hired on by the USFS. Making it a goal to become a Hotshot.

Just overall excited to actually pursue something and to start making myself the best I can be.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 06:30:48 pm »
Congratulations!
Getting training, making goals, and working toward a future is a huge accomplishment!
And we need hot shot crews really bad too. I am bummed when someone here burns down a forest because they insist on having
A fire and they can't control it. 
(Name that tune!)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 02:00:25 am »
Congratulations!
Getting training, making goals, and working toward a future is a huge accomplishment!
And we need hot shot crews really bad too. I am bummed when someone here burns down a forest because they insist on having
A fire and they can't control it.
Thanks
Hotshot crews are the frontline of wildland operations it's going to be a tough road. Hopefully I can stick with it long enough and not get myself killed. If I die, I die. It's an occupational hazard with wildland firefighting.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 01:13:56 am »
I did once work on Osirus REX the satellite that touched down on Benu and took a sample.
That was cool.  My part was uber tiny, and amounts to not much.  I have a sticker on my computer that shows the TAG-SAM (the thing that touched the asteroid).  Whatever.  But yet I still feel like I have done nothing in my life that actually matters.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 10:14:00 pm »
I think I'm doing the job that I was meant to do. Actually prayed for this job and didn't know it existed. My Mom told me about an ad in the paper some weeks after my temporary assignment ended. Had to learn how to balance chemical equations all over again. Spent two hours pouring over a reference book on lab procedures in the local community college library. Also had prior laboratory experience.

To be granted an interview, one had to score at least 70% on the exam--I scored an 85. Aced the interview, and was likely one of the few candidates who knew how to manage something called a "whirl pack". They paid for my training at a nearby university and I've obtained certification. I've been working for the city over a dozen years, and if I left, the next city over would likely hire me at once, but I'm happy where I'm at--even if it's just part time.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 06:51:41 pm »
Proudest achievement now? I'm getting a second werepup in December! A werepup is a doll that looks like a werewolf pup.