Author Topic: The Random Fact thread  (Read 46865 times)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: The Random Fact thread
« Reply #475 on: July 18, 2014, 10:35:27 pm »
July is National Ice Cream Month. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ice_Cream_Month

I guess I better eat some ice cream then

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »
The exact origins of balloon twisting (otherwise known as balloon animal making) are unknown. Despite this, it is assumed that it started in 1939 when a magician performed it at a magic convention in Pennsylvania.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »
The Bell P-63 King Cobra fighter was never used in combat by the USAAF in WW2. Most were exported to Russia.

I the 1970s, the Testors Corporation offered a gas-powered P-63 Kingcobra as a flying control-line plastic model. It was available chromed and as a camouflaged "Jungle Fighter" with spring-loaded firing missiles and ejecting pilot figure. The models also had features common to Operation Pinball Kingcobras.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:40:21 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2014, 11:03:38 pm »
Paintball guns were originally designed for marking cattle.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #479 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:53 am »
The sentence: Police police police police police police police police. Is an actual sentence.

3 is prime
31 is too
So is 331, 3331, 33331, 333331, 3333331, and 33333331 is also prime but 333333331 is the first in this series isn't prime as it's divisible by 17.

It's theorised that there isn't an infinite amount of prime numbers, even though there's an infinite amount of numbers, because the larger the number, the more things could possibly factor into it.
Mate of WereCat

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #480 on: August 14, 2014, 04:39:07 pm »
There are 10% of the population are left-handed people and they are often excluded from studies of how the brain works
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2014, 09:30:05 am »
In 1946, Warner Brothers released the animated short subject Bacall To Arms, featuring the likenesses of Humphrey Bogart (Bogie Gokart) and Lauren Bacall (Laurie Becool).
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #482 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
The children of two sets of identical twins are legally cousins but technically siblings.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »
Hugo Junkers was removed from his aviation firm for voicing disagreement with the Nazis.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2014, 10:01:26 pm »
When the United States Postal Service was created, it was legal to ship childern as long as they weighed under 50 lbs.

There was one incident where a man dismantled his home brick by brick and mailed the material to a new location.

It is legal to mail bricks and pillows by writing on it's surface as long as it has the proper postage.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #485 on: September 10, 2014, 10:29:11 pm »
The original ad campaign for Kobuk's favorite soft drink was Yahoo--Mountain Dew!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Turgius

• Species: Anthro Wolf/Dragon thing of questionable sanity...
  • Avatar is Artz by Flinters on FA
    • FA Account
« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2014, 10:47:33 pm »
168 years ago today in 1846: the first U.S patent for a sowing machine was awarded to Elias Howe.
“Oh I've plenty of time, my time is entirely my own.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Идиот

FCWh3a A C D H M P R T+++ W- Z Sm- RLGP a cn++ d++ e++ f-- h- i++ j p sm-
-Furry Code

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #487 on: September 11, 2014, 12:47:20 am »
The idea of engagement rings was popularised by the (forgive my spelling.) De Beirs diamond corperation by launching a massive advertisement campaign less than 200 years ago. Who control most of the diamond flow to artificially raise prices to make much more money.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #488 on: September 11, 2014, 08:05:54 am »
The idea of engagement rings was popularised by the (forgive my spelling.) De Beirs diamond corperation by launching a massive advertisement campaign less than 200 years ago. Who control most of the diamond flow to artificially raise prices to make much more money.
Yep. And they are pretty common apparently. They just have a monopoly on them and had a ridiculously effective advertising campaign.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:50 am »
There are generals, brigadier generals, lieutenant generals, and major generals in most armies, but East Germany's also had the rank of colonel general.
(Baps the old humorist.)