Author Topic: S3E07 " Wonderbolts Academy"  (Read 2373 times)

Offline NeoFur

• Species: Wolf
  • Such is Life.
  • Male
    • Furaffinity Page
S3E07 " Wonderbolts Academy"
« on: December 13, 2012, 10:52:00 am »
LEAKED new episode :o
It's up on YouTube right now!

This epsoide reminds me of Top Gun lol. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xllT6-i52P8

Offline Squeaks

• Species: German Shepherd/Border Collie
  • Female
Re: S3E07 " Wonderbolts Academy"
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »
Yeah a little bit like top gun.

Offline NeoFur

• Species: Wolf
  • Such is Life.
  • Male
    • Furaffinity Page
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »
I sure would like to know how it got out early.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 03:17:23 pm »
I sure would like to know how it got out early.

I'd blame iTunes, probably. If not that, then somebody much closer to the source accidentally(?) let it out, but I doubt that would be the case.

I found this to be another pretty good episode. I wouldn't call it as strong as the ones from the last two weeks, but I still enjoyed it. Then again, I like RD and I'm partial to pegasi in general, so I was bound to like this episode.

But we did get something that was pretty well-needed as of late: a little more loyalty coming out of Dashie. Or more just her not coming off as a self-centered jerk most of the time. In that regard, we got two pretty decent episodes in a row of development for RD. I can't complain.

It did kinda put her talent for flying into perspective, though. This is probably one of the better comparisons we've had between her and other general pegasi around her age. While I feel like the shortcomings of many of the other ponies was a little over-exaggerated, it did really illustrate just how strong a flier she is. We have to assume that there was some sort of screening process for applicants, so that ponies like Fluttershy wouldn't even get in. And out of that group, there were just two ponies there who were exceptional at flying.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 01:58:09 am »
Anyone else find it odd that there was this random floating solid EARTHEN island in Cloudsdale?  :o
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 04:57:02 pm »
Anyone else find it odd that there was this random floating solid EARTHEN island in Cloudsdale?  :o

Uh, nope. :-[ I guess I just take everything in the cartoon at face value because.... because magic or something.

Episode! I liked it. I didn't like Spitfire, cast here for some reason as a drill instructor-type person. I have a feeling Lightning is gonna turn up again at some point. I didn't mind that none of the other ponies got much screentime. Pinkie was being awesomely Pinkie this episode so that kept me happy.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »
Y'know,

You might not believe this (or you may,  who knows?)  but i was a volunteer drill sgt. in the Civil Air Patrol (the airforce auxilery) for a while.  Let me tell you,  even the nicest, sweetest people can pull out an absolutely terrifying drill sgt. side if they know how.  It's just an act.  But,  i was very,  very good at it.

It doesn't surprise me that spitfire pulled a serious attitude the whole episode,  because the wonderbolts were trying their very hardest to put on a, "Gung ho," training experience.  She's doing it because it's what the ponies who signed up are expecting.

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:22:54 pm »
I. Freakin. Looove. Spitfire. She was just simply awesome. And when she took her shades off, I was like, "DEM EYES!" It was a great episode, probably one of my top favorites so far from Season 3. The only thing I was wondering by the end of it was whether we'd stop seeing Rainbow for a while, since she was apparently still training; or is she a qualified Wonderbolt already?

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »
I. Freakin. Looove. Spitfire. She was just simply awesome. And when she took her shades off, I was like, "DEM EYES!" It was a great episode, probably one of my top favorites so far from Season 3. The only thing I was wondering by the end of it was whether we'd stop seeing Rainbow for a while, since she was apparently still training; or is she a qualified Wonderbolt already?

I looked at it as being like some strange combination of a summer camp and a boot camp all rolled into one. That wasn't the only training/recruiting activity that will need to happen before somepony actually joins the group, and they clearly weren't overly-picky in the selection process for this week-long camp. But it also serves as a bit of a weeding-out of those who aren't cut out to become Wonderbolts, and I'm sure that the group will keep an eye on the top performers even after the camp. This is starting to get more into my own head canon, but I would like to think that there's maybe a few of these held every year, and the top students from those all form a sort of 'Junior Wonderbolts' group. These ponies would do some training with the Wonderbolts, but they wouldn't be full-fledged Wonderbolts just yet. It would be like minor league versus major league, and when a pony has spent enough time in the minor league, they might get pulled up to the majors.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.