Author Topic: any help?  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
any help?
« on: January 01, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
first, don't know if this goes here, but it saids "life problems" and this is a problem which makes me sad. :'( ok, so I got new computer I love it. but, the chat room won't work. it wont load no matter how many times I refresh or how long I wait. I'm pretty sure its my computer, but is anyone else having this problem? and I can't ask my dad if I can use his computer cause I haven't come out of the furry closet yet. and he'll ask why I have to use his instead of mine.

and whats worse is on my old computer I would get on, all the time. then it got a virus, so my parents said I can just get one for Christmas. this happened in October. I miss getting on. so is this happening to anyone else or is it my computer? if it's not happening to anyone else, any advice on what to do.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: any help?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:08:17 pm »
Moved to the Services Support forum since the topic originally discusses IRC problems.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:10 pm »
first, don't know if this goes here, but it saids "life problems" and this is a problem which makes me sad. :'( ok, so I got new computer I love it. but, the chat room won't work. it wont load no matter how many times I refresh or how long I wait. I'm pretty sure its my computer, but is anyone else having this problem? and I can't ask my dad if I can use his computer cause I haven't come out of the furry closet yet. and he'll ask why I have to use his instead of mine.

and whats worse is on my old computer I would get on, all the time. then it got a virus, so my parents said I can just get one for Christmas. this happened in October. I miss getting on. so is this happening to anyone else or is it my computer? if it's not happening to anyone else, any advice on what to do.

To start with, we'll need a little info from you. Are you trying to use the web client (just going to irc.furtopia.org, or clicking the 'ChatRoom' link at the top of the page)? Or are you using an IRC client, such as IceChat or mIRC?

It also might help to know what operating system you're running, too.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:23:34 am »
I can assume you're using the web client given you said refresh. Do see a java loading screening there?
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:08:52 am »

If you're looking for help to get your old computer working, it would probably be best for you to make a separate thread in the Tech Talk section.  You would need to be willing to give more information about the exact symptoms your computer is experiencing; without that information, it won't be possible for others to help you diagnose your issue.  For example, why specifically do you think you have a virus?  Think about it like this: if you were a doctor, would you have an easier time diagnosing a patient who says "I hurt" or a patient who says "I've had a dull, throbbing pain in my right elbow anytime I move it like so for the past three days, and I haven't put unusual strain on that elbow"?  If you're descriptive, you help others to help you.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!