not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

The Milsurp Thread

<< < (5/6) > >>

Rocket T. Coyote:

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on January 18, 2022, 07:18:30 pm ---What type of liquid fuel do they use?  Naphtha, unleaded, alcohol?

--- End quote ---

The Swedish Trancia stove burns alcohol--either ethanol or methanol. Sources are shellac thinner (sometimes labelled as stove fuel) or "dry gas" from the automotive department of your favorite supermarket. Any spills clean up easy: just let it evaporate.

Rocket T. Coyote:
A few things to be aware of when buying milsurp are phrases like "military style" and "reproduction" as these denote items which are not original government issue. You may encounter the phrase GI Issue, which is a nonsense phrase. GI means government issue. There are a lot of knock-offs out there.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Had to get my Mom a small snow shovel for her car as she became stuck on a snow drift on Christmas Day. Got her a Swiss military one of WW2 vintage which breaks down for easy storage. I have one for my vehicle.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Milsurp can be a great source for luggage: Duffle bags, hold-alls, dry sacks, laundry bags, mail sacks, packs, rucksacks, and gas mask bags. All lend themselves to some aspect of fursuiting. Some of these may even be padlocked.

Jade Sinapu:
I am curious.  What does a gas mask bag lend is self to? I am not being critical or snarky.  I actually am curious.
Is it more for holding things like hand paws etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version