Author Topic: Grrrrr...  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Newront

• Species: Corgi
  • I'm on a Kanye quest to do my Kanye best.
  • Male
Grrrrr...
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:35:49 am »
That feeling when you have your fursona looking all nice in your head, but you can't draw worth a darn.
Dag nabit.
You know you have issues when the hot dogs start screaming.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Grrrrr...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 12:06:50 pm »
That's why I learned how to draw. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Haidurr

• Female
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »
Practice 'till you faint! Then practice some more. Remember, everyone can learn to draw, so never give up!

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
Yeah, that's the only solution. I'm slightly procrastinating learning how to draw as I'm dealing with Boy Scouts, church, school, learning guitar, and all the time I spend on the internet. Sometimes I wish there were 48 hours in the day, so I could have time to dedicate to all my hobbies and likes. The best way to learn is just to copy stuff. Trace and freehand cartoon characters, nature, animals, faces, hands, people, and human anatomy, and eventually you start to develop the muscle memory and concepts and techniques of how to draw those on your own.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 12:01:55 am »
That's me with Equines I can't draw them  :D 

Offline surlifennec

• Species: Fennec/Feather Fennec
  • mary sue is probably my real name
    • My deviantArt!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:32:52 pm »
Yeah, that's the only solution. I'm slightly procrastinating learning how to draw as I'm dealing with Boy Scouts, church, school, learning guitar, and all the time I spend on the internet. Sometimes I wish there were 48 hours in the day, so I could have time to dedicate to all my hobbies and likes. The best way to learn is just to copy stuff. Trace and freehand cartoon characters, nature, animals, faces, hands, people, and human anatomy, and eventually you start to develop the muscle memory and concepts and techniques of how to draw those on your own.

You're right on that, although side note: I'm sure you know this, but you can't claim anything you copy as your own, and you shouldn't post it anywhere without permission. Everyone knows that, though, so I'm sure I don't have to lecture you xD

Anywayyyy

Yeah just practise and copy and use references and improve!

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 09:41:02 pm »

You're right on that, although side note: I'm sure you know this, but you can't claim anything you copy as your own, and you shouldn't post it anywhere without permission. Everyone knows that, though, so I'm sure I don't have to lecture you xD

Anywayyyy

Yeah just practise and copy and use references and improve!
I did that! Unfortunately, I'm still trying to find my "style" so I'm not quite comfortable with my art. I'm trying different things when I can.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline surlifennec

• Species: Fennec/Feather Fennec
  • mary sue is probably my real name
    • My deviantArt!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 06:48:36 pm »
I know that feeling. Your style will probably eventually develop over time :D

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 07:59:52 am »
That feeling when you have your fursona looking all nice in your head, but you can't draw worth a darn.
Dag nabit.

I agree with everyone that practice makes perfect. but in the meantime, i could draw it. it wont be very good, but it should be enough to at least get it out of your head and onto paper.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:03:41 pm by some_random_wusky »
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 10:53:55 pm »
Lots of people get artist's block. Inspiration and ideas don't always come easy.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 11:41:22 pm »
Luckily I'm taking art classes this year, in the next few months we should see some sculpt and pictures of my 'sona!