Author Topic: What is your fursona like mentally?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
What is your fursona like mentally?
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:23:37 pm »
So there's always a lot of talk about what our fursona's are like physically, what we eat, what we do, what we wear, etc.
But I'm taking a different tact and wanted to ask what everyone's fursona is like mentally? How have their conditions affected him/her in a furry world?

Is he/she:
Shy
Outcast
Lonely
Depressed
Social anxiety
ADD/ADHD
Asperger's syndrome
Intelligent
Creative
Introverted
Extroverted
Moody/emotional
Violent
.........or mentally something else?

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: What is your fursona like mentally?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »
I guess you could say he's insane and introverted, not much to say. Maybe a little lonely at times.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 12:37:46 pm »
So there's always a lot of talk about what our fursona's are like physically, what we eat, what we do, what we wear, etc.
But I'm taking a different tact and wanted to ask what everyone's fursona is like mentally? How have their conditions affected him/her in a furry world?

This is an interesting topic.

My primary fursona Iara is an outcast from her peers due to social anxiety, which stems from being clumsy and lack of social graces. Iara faces huge challenges in developing into a Warrior due to her nature. My seconday fursona Moongaze is definitely introverted, intelligent and solitary (given that she is a jaguar). She grew up in a big city so being unnoticed actually eases her social anxiety due to introversion and her solitary way of being.

Each of my fursonae represents a little piece of the RL me, so I suppose by blending both you can get a better sense of who I am.  :-[ 

Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 12:58:27 pm »
My fursona is rather shy and nervous. Though introverted once he makes a friend he is out going
to that friend.  Unlike most male rabbits he is a confirmed bachelor.  He does like the ladies, but
loves his privacy along with his own devices best.
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:24:40 pm »
since my fursona is just me i'd pretty much just be describing my self.
so im introverted only talking about things with my friends, may talk to other people but not if im forced to (ex: group work at school).
at the moment im feeling depressed due to the whole situation im in though that will go away in a few years.

i would consider my self to be kinda creative but there are those who are far more creative.
i would consider my self to be pretty intelligent, i still make bad decisions sometimes... *thinks about the saw i was playing with*
i would consider my self to be kinda smart even though there are many things i dont know.

if things where the way i'd like them to be like having my own property, with a house and no debts. then i guess i'd just be a happy/friendly/hardworking(on what i feel useful) person

Offline Solodarkwolf5

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:36:55 pm »
-
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 06:00:00 am by Solodarkwolf5 »

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 11:15:28 pm »
My fursona is, in many ways, similar to me. I would describe him as introverted with strangers but quite extroverted with his friends. Even though he likes being around people, he doesn't like being the center of attention, and can only stand other people for so long until he has to be alone for a while. He can get lost in thought quickly, and loves zoning out into music.
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Species: Kitsune Yōkai
  • Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 03:53:39 am »
*Peeks into the room curiously* o.o
"Confound you!" snapped the fox. "Give me back my ball!" The man ignored its pleas until it finally said tearfully, "Alright, you've got the ball, but you don't know how to keep it. It won't be any good to you. For me, it's a terrible loss. I tell you, if you don't give it back, I'll be your enemy forever. If you do give it back though, I'll stick to you like a protector god."

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 04:43:16 am »
highly intelligent and very outgoing. Loves to be social. Doesn't like the spotlight nor does he strive to be the life of the party. Enjoys listening to others as much as talking to them.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 04:51:07 am »
To start with, i'll go over the characters that in the past i've considered the closest things i have to a fursona.  I'll also go over some of my more notable characters who are also based off of myself in some respect.

Aaron H Rekell (Wolf): Aaron is actually pretty stable compared to most of my other characters.  Might have to do with the fact that unlike many of the others he didn't have a childhood full of horrible and tragic events.  That being said, if caring too much and being merciful when it's actually not a good idea is a flaw, then he would have that flaw to a very strong extent.  He's often the voice of reason in most situations, and is always trying to find a solution that works for everyone.

Meak Veridis (Weasel): Meak is loud, brash, reckless and fun-loving.  She's often the life of a party, and can bring even the shyest of people together.  She may end up trusting the wrong people now and then, and she takes being stabbed in the back more harshly and more personally than most people.  When things turn south though, you really don't want to be on her bad side.  I've brought it up before, but Meak has always had issues with depression.  She does her best to hide it, and she isn't effected as much when she's with her friends, but it shows when she's alone.  Her mate, Ghar does a lot to make up for her shortcomings, and vise-versa.

Faroe C Sinclair (Badger): Faroe is a career adventurer, and he is never one to forget how happy he is with his life.  He takes great pride in his work, but isn't one to rub his accomplishment in others' faces.  Under the surface though, Faroe has issues with anxiety; he needs assurance about the important things in life, or he'll come unglued pretty quick.  In his case, the things he needs assurance about would be the safety of the people care holds close, in addition to the fact that he's never quite sure if those people are being honest with him.  The last thing Faroe would ever want to do is make someone he cares about upset, but even if they make it clear that he hasn't done that, he's never quite sure if they mean it.  Of course, he mostly keeps those concerns to himself (which isn't a good thing) and most people would see him as an upbeat and friendly person who isn't too keen on taking unnecessary risks.

Amyen Verraad (Wolf): Who knows what personality quirks and mental conditions come along with the ability to telepathically experience another person's past...  Honestly, an ability like that is a disability in its own right.  Exactly who Amyen is and what she's capable of is something i've had trouble fully deciding, so it's kinda hard to say much for certain here.

Leon "Scrap" Augis (Ferret): Scrap's harsh childhood left him with some serious anger issues...  He values friendship over pretty much everything, and isolation is the worst hell he knows.  He's based off of a younger image of me, constantly rebelling against authority and questioning what others would consider perfectly ordinary.  I would like to add that the version of Scrap from the Kings and Queens RP is not exactly canon to the character.  Yes, if he WAS in that setting he would have been the way he was, but it's not a good example of what he's supposed to be.  In fact, as far as i'm concerned, Kings and Queens doesn't provide good examples of ANY of the characters involved.

Chaerom Aurinko (Nureongi): I myself have had to deal with a lot of emotional pain in my life, and all of that is channeled into and concentrated in Chaerom.  He's paranoid, self-destructive and unstable, which rightly turns most people away.  But if you dig underneath all the filth and pain, you will find someone who just wants to be accepted and loved.  You won't find a more loyal friend; he would sooner give up his life than turn his back on family.  But you also won't find a person who has more regret for every mistake he's ever made.  Chaerom will do damn near anything he's capable of and more if it means keeping those around him happy.  The level of devotion he has towards those he cares about is so strong that it is almost as much a curse as it is a blessing.  Life for Chaerom without a family would be a fate worse than death.

And now for some other people.

Kyne Tero (Jackal): Kyne isn't good at social games in any sense.  She usually lets the few friends she has do the talking for her, and she's fine with that.  She is deeply troubled by events from her past, but does everything she can to use the emotional pain she has endured as a catalyst to drive her forward.  Kyne's gruff nature is augmented by her seemingly nonchalant mannerisms regarding violence.  Destructive acts that would leave most speechless leave little impression on her.  Kyne takes a long time to learn to trust others, but the few she is bonded to will have no harm come to them as long as she has something to say about it.

Mynyah R Kull (Wolf): As everyone who's heard anything about her would know, Mynyah is a bit of a pyro.  I use the term "bit" very loosely here.  She's a social butterfly, but most people who flock to her don't have the best moral sensibilities.  However, while she has no regard for authority, Mynyah is a fiercely loyal individual, and she looks down on acts of disloyalty the way most people would view murder.  In other words, she'll draw blood over you turning your back on her.

Chemino T Kull (Wolf): Mynyah's little brother Chemino also has a strong sense of loyalty.  However, while Mynyah has embraced her gift of pyromancy, Chemino has suppressed it.  He is socially awkward and when at all possible sticks close to the people he already knows.  Above all, all he wants to do is be accepted by others, but he often is so focused on not standing out that he ends up foiling his own attempts to be normal.  He does everything he can to stay close to the people he's bonded with, and is a great friend to those who accept him for who he is.

Temya Trohet (Wolf): Temya is a very kind and friendly person.  She is beyond charitable and will help those in need even if she has never met them before.  While Temya always has good intentions, she isn't the best at recognizing the people who don't.  Her friends often have to keep her from being tricked by con men and the like.  Thankfully for her own sake, Temya will always take the word of a friend over the word of anyone else.  If her friends' advisement goes horribly wrong however, Temya has notably poor coping skills when confronted with bad situations and outcomes, loss of life in particular.  Like Aaron, she is a bit too merciful for her own good.

I've done more typing today than i have entire past week.  I like that... feels good to put my thoughts down again.  Not sure what ever drove me to stop in the first place.

EDIT: I accidentally forgot to finish Faroe's part.  Figures, i was kinda rushed to get this post out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:01:30 am by HazardJackal »

Offline Samurai Kai

• Species: Snow Leopard
  • Hero of Hisakawa
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 05:22:20 am »
You could say something along the lines of a Paragon Commander Shepard (female of course) or, she just has the personality of an INFJ.
If you feel like you don’t belong in this world, it is because you are here to help create a new one.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 07:40:52 pm »
David is rather intelligent, though perhaps not quite as wise as he could be or would like to be, and is also introverted and a bit stoic due to a difficult upbringing.
However his life greatly improved as he got older and he became more outgoing over time.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:49:12 pm by Storm Fox »
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline amna-iraqi

• Species: Arabian Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 01:39:10 pm »
Amna is schizophrenic, like me.... so she's really random, hyper, and sees/hears things no one else does.... she's also delusional....  (:
"Falling's only natural, just spread your wings and fly."
-- Pentatonix

F[Arabian]CWs4a A++ C- D++ H+ M+ P+++ R+ T+++ W Sf S- RLS* a- cw++ e+ f+++ h* i+ j++ p* sf-

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »
Acton is like me  very reserve  and analytical but  more intelligent. He like to work in the background behind the scenes rather than  in the spotlight.    The exception  would be his talk radio job, Still he is calm and level headed not appealing  to emotional manipulation or outburst just to drive ratings.

He can have some anger issues at time specially at dumb  and talkative  callers to his show. It why he will sabotage the call board if he get the opportunity and take no calls due to technical difficulties.

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 04:05:54 am »
Twitch is pretty much  like me IRL, just more confident and way more sarcastic. He doesn't take fools lightly and says what he thinks which gets him into trouble... A lot!

Offline Ancusmitis

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:01:59 pm by Ancusmitis »
Stick a fork in me--I'm done.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 11:39:14 pm »
Firelight: Shy, Asperger's syndrome, Intelligent, Creative, Introverted.
Valentine: Shy
Sparky: Lonely, Depressed, moody.
Steampyre: Outcast, Introverted, Creative, Violent but only if you mess with her family.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 08:36:27 am »
Mine is the same as me I guess
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:11:34 pm »
Mahao is the same as me, I guess. Quiet, isolated, obsessive, Aspergers, along with some serious anger and emotional issues thrown in the mix. So just like me. Except he's a dragon.

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Species: ibizian hound/jackal hybrid
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 01:14:05 pm »
Styxx is a lot like me but at the same time so much different, we both will fight to protect another. The main difference is that he will actively seek others out for friendships and such its also hard for me to keep who he is locked down as I tend to suffer from various moods/personalities  depending on the day and so on

Offline viper213

• Species: fox
  • Male
    • my soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 02:55:25 pm »
Um deranged or crazy comes to mind if and only if he is with people he knows well or trusts or he is a kind over trusting fox but guarded to protect himself only those who get close to him know him truly and hell he dont even know himself
FCF3adf A- C- D H+ M- P R- T++ W- a- cn+++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j p

https://m.soundcloud.com/heyguesswhathi
My music channel if your intrested

Offline Wildhead_the_fox

• Species: Red Fox
  • Your friendly neighborhood Red Fox! :)
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 07:29:07 pm »
Proud, arrogant and empathetic are first off the top of the head, and outdoorsy, an avid hiker and somewhat jaded and callused emotionally.
Normal people look at things that are and ask, "Why?"
True innovators look at things that aren't and ask, "Why not?"

Offline Osphronema Macaw

• Species: Hyacinth Macaw (Anodorynchus hyacinthinus)
  • Hihi! I'm friendly and happy to chat! <3
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:07 pm »
Osphronema is sweet but can be hyper. Though she is mostly sluggish like myself irl.

Offline Haidurr

• Female
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 05:11:23 pm »
(Not really a fursona but close enough) The Floof (Haidurr) is a wild beast, so basically its most reoccurring thought is how it should go about finding its next meal. There is only one of its kind, so it is naturally solitary and likes it that way. Though aloof, the Floof will will become social around anyone who is eating fish, giving them an elaborate display of begging. It doesn't have the capacity for language or art, but it is fairly intelligent and can mimic the behavior of other creatures.

Offline Rufure

• Species: Tanuki/Cat
  • professional yawner
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 10:05:03 am »
This is a really cool topic! I don't have them all figured out, but I'd like to try to type out what I do know about them.

Yogurt and Rufure are kind of like two sides of the same coin, which I guess makes sense since Rufure developed as a sort of branch of Yogurt before becoming his own distinct sona. Yogurt stems from my experience with depression in a physical sense, while Rufure is more representative of the emotional side of it.

Yogurt is an emotional, often frustrated guy who's always exhausted no matter how much sleep he gets. This leads to him being somewhat snappish, but he wants to be close to people, and really does try. He feels everything strongly and is a pessimist.

Rufure is emotionally muted. He doesn't feel much, and doesn't know how to deal with it when he does. Overall, he's quiet and reserved. His facial expression rarely changes. He... well, he wants to find something he cares about, but he's just... empty.

Then there is Shrubs, who is kind of a different thing. They're my vulnerability, my insecurity, but also my hope. Soft-spoken, friendly, and very loving, Shrubs is the gentle type who is kind to everyone, but also easily wounded.

And well, that's all I know so far.  (:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:03:30 pm by Rufure »
残念ながらSAFEでした
"Too bad, you got a safe."

°˖✧ Project Diva Addict ✧˖°

Hit me up for my Telegram/LINE/3DS Friend Code.