Author Topic: Furry government?  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Furry government?
« on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:50 am »
In a furry world, universe, setting, etc., etc., how do you think a furry government would be created and run? Would there be different political parties and ideaologies? Would there be any similarities or differences to what we have now in the U.S. or other countries?

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: Furry government?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 12:23:30 pm »
Beavers would likely be involved in public utilities. Otters and squirrels in parks & rec.  Bears and other scavengers in waste pickup & removal.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »
I think it would be pretty much how it is in this world: Different governments depending on different areas and belief systems. Some of them would be crapper than others.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »
Somehow food fight pops into my head >.<, that would be terrifying.

Well if we're talking about anthropormorphic.  I think it would feel like a congress, divided upon elements rather than countries ^^
 - Hyrdo
 - Pyro
 - Aero
 - Geo
 - Cryo
 - Terra
 - Umbra

That would be really cool

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 06:57:07 pm »
in an anthro universe, i think that it would be fairly similar to human government. i mean, other than physically, they are still mostly human-ish intellectually/mentally
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:48:45 am »
If it was a feral world I would imagine it would be much as it was here before humanity arrived
(Survival of the fittest or luckiest.) Intelligence doesn't always win with animals due to emotion
overwhelming it.

A forward looking anthro animal world would likely be much the same as our human world if
they had similar needs, beliefs, and values. Again survival of the fittest or in this case the
smartest since intelligence usually prevails over muscle in the long run.

I fear any society based on biological survival would flow in much the same direction as our world
has.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:54:17 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 01:40:18 pm »
If elected, I plan to promote Old Rabbit to the position of head of the Furry Food and Drug Dept. or the Dept. of Agriculture.  He'd be great at promoting a better and healthier lifestyle, particuarly when it comes to eating healthier. :) You know how rabbits like their vegetables.  :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:00:30 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 03:03:03 pm »
If elected, I plan to promote Old Rabbit to the position of head of the Furry Food and Drug Dept. or the Dept. of Agriculture.  He'd be great at promoting a better and healthier lifestyle, particuarly when it comes to eating healthier. :) You know how rabbits like their vegetables.  :D

Hello mr Kobuk, I will ask you one question, how will that affect carnivores like us?
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »

Hello mr Kobuk, I will ask you one question, how will that affect carnivores like us?

Carnivores will still be able to have their meat. But in order to promote a healthier and longer lifestyle, it is suggested to maybe cut back on the portions eaten. Having smaller, lighter portions with less fat is a lot healthier. ;)

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 05:06:17 pm »

I'll propose to be opposition

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 01:37:01 am »
Carnivores will still be able to have their meat. But in order to promote a healthier and longer lifestyle, it is suggested to maybe cut back on the portions eaten. Having smaller, lighter portions with less fat is a lot healthier. ;)

I already have light meals, I see the portions with less fat as a good things but I don't want lighter portions.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 10:44:31 am »

Vegetables the staff of every vegetarians life. :orbunny: I think we can find lots of fish for those who
want or need meat to eat. Of course we can provide soy bean protein instead.  :D

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:51:28 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
Of course we can provide soy bean protein instead.

:P

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 01:47:18 pm »

That would definately make my life worse... I don't like seafood either! Rabbit meat on the other hand... I don't want to get to that extreme so if you don't want problems, you need to search for another solution, for now I will vote Naturawolf, he is a wolf so he'll understand my concerns.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:51:53 pm by Subzerus »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 04:30:51 pm »

That would definately make my life worse... I don't like seafood either! Rabbit meat on the other hand... I don't want to get to that extreme so if you don't want problems, you need to search for another solution, for now I will vote Naturawolf, he is a wolf so he'll understand my concerns.

And I don't understand your concerns? You're forgetting that I'm a husky. I'm a carnivore too.

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 01:25:27 am »

And I don't understand your concerns? You're forgetting that I'm a husky. I'm a carnivore too.

Well Old Rabbit is offering soy, fish and vegetables as food and my body won't digest that! I need meat! Real meat.

Offline Jakoo

• Species: European Otter
  • Otters Gonna Ott
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 03:12:27 am »
What makes you think Old Rabbit can't manage meat production in Furtopia? It's not like his knowledge is limited to his own kind. But even if it is, he could bring up a sub-department specialized in providing nutrition to carnivores.
Why can't I hold all these colors?! Oh wait I can ^^
I have Telegram! @Jakoo_Ruddertail

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 09:17:37 am »
What makes you think Old Rabbit can't manage meat production in Furtopia? It's not like his knowledge is limited to his own kind. But even if it is, he could bring up a sub-department specialized in providing nutrition to carnivores.

Well he hasn't mentioned anything about meat yet and it worries me

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 02:12:28 pm »
@Subzerus:  I think you're worrying a bit too much. Eating less meat or meat that has less fat, etc. would only be a "recommended suggestion". Nothing more. I would never propose or promote that it be made into any sort of rule or law. The only law that I would propose if elected would make it illegal to kill another sentient anthropomorphic animal being (i.e. - Having human type intelligence and characteristics) for food consumption.

I also propose if elected to cut down on fossil fuels (Oil, coal, etc.) and instead increase research and usage of renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and hydroelectric. I've heard too many complaints from the avian and aquatic communities about pollution and I feel somebody needs to stand up for them and their needs. I intend to be that person. :)

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 01:37:32 am »

I also propose if elected to cut down on fossil fuels (Oil, coal, etc.) and instead increase research and usage of renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and hydroelectric.

Sounds neat! How will you do that though?

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 12:40:12 am »
In the furry world I created around my Fursona, it is a multi-monarchy. There are five kingdoms on the continent of Furgasta. Four of them focus on tending to the people, to trade, economic growth, crime control and enforcement of fair laws. The fifth kingdom is ruled over my the Silvermyst family and serve as high kings/queens, often addressed as Pharaoh. The Silvermysts keep tabs on the other four rulers, weeding out corruption when it's spotted. They are in charge of the military forces that protect the country as a whole against the rulers of the continent of Delacia. Furgasta is known for keeping a balance of freedom and order.

Delacia is ruled through tyranny and the merit system. The weak exist to serve and sustain the strong. Laws are established by the strong, and can change whenever there is a shift in power. However, the Ragnok royal family is the highest power in Delacia, with Olivia Ragnok being supreme, a woman who three thousand years ago gained immortality through reincarnation, carrying over all knowledge of past lives through a contract with the Archdemon Nizzamoff. People must either be strong and garner favor with those in power, or live their lives in fear each and every day.

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 05:36:07 pm »
I think it depends on the situation.

If predator eats prey then I could see the world divided into 2 with each at war with each other. I could see Predators being like a communistic society where one animal and the prey would be very organized, like a Democracy. The prey would have to fear for their territory all their days while the predators eventually overthrow the earth.

On the opposite reality where predator and prey get along, I can see it being like Zootopia. Where everyone lives together, which probably would be less dystopic and more...fun? I know I like it, at least in zootopia, it looks amazing.  :D
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 12:30:43 am »
In a furry world, universe, setting, etc., etc., how do you think a furry government would be created and run? Would there be different political parties and ideaologies? Would there be any similarities or differences to what we have now in the U.S. or other countries?

A long time ago I actually set out to create a fantasy world for a novel I wanted to write that centered around those kinds of questions: if animals were as intelligent as humans and lived alongside us, what would be the results in science, engineering, religion, warfare, culture, etc. How a government would function, I believe would be kind of reliant on a lot of those other subjects. Not to mention geology, climate, and availability of resources.

In my novel, I had the impression of there being relatively similar styles of government compared to the real world - for instance, the primary nation in which the story takes place is kind of a mixing pot of all creatures. Since it was set in an earlier age (around the 1200's if I'm not mistaken) it had strong elements of monarchy for government, but considering the sheer ambiance of intellect in a world of intelligent animals, there are many constructs present in their world that could be attributed to ages as far as the 1700's. So their government also contains strong elements of democracy and republicanism.

I never really worked most of that out very far, since I never completed the novel, but those are the lines along which I was guiding my thoughts. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:44:26 am by Holt5 »
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane