Author Topic: What do you think of....? 10 Furry Questions  (Read 2687 times)

Offline firedaan12345

• Species: Wolf & Lynx
  • Male
What do you think of....? 10 Furry Questions
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:05:58 pm »
So I want your meanings on those questions of me xD...
What do you think of:

1. Furry's wearing collars in public?
2. Furry You-tubers?
3. Furry Dancers? (not only Dance in one vision)(so.. Breakdance, Style-dance ect.)
4. Furry Singers?
5. Furry & The Media?
6. Furry's desperate learning to draw there own furry art?
7. Furry Conventions?
8. Furry Clothing Art (t-shirts etc.)?
9. Furry Fur-suiting?
10. Furry  Meeting (Conventions) games?

Also if you have any questions about furry or about me...pleas, let me know and I will answer them.  ;)
&
If you like to chat with me please, send me a message & and if you like to be friends... you can always ask me...

Have a nice day so far  :)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: What do you think of....? 10 Furry Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 01:15:08 pm »
1. Fine. I do it (but then I'm part of several subcultures of which collars are an accepted thing)
2. Fine. I don't watch them myself, but fine.
3. Fine. Not my thing but why not. Do what makes you happy.
4. Sure? As long as they aren't singing solely about being a furry. That would get dull.
5. Eh. Some of it's accurate. Some isn't. No point getting worked up over it.
6. Not all furries can or want to draw. If you want to learn then go ahead. If you don't then don't.
7. Sure, why not? A con for everything. I wouldn't go to one personally (have been, not my thing), but again, whatever makes you happy.
8. Also not my thing but why not. I don't feel the need to advertise it to the world.
9. Not my thing. But repeat after me: Whatever makes you happy.
10. I don't really have anything to do with furries outside of this forum any more. Used to go to meetings. Didn't really like the people. But nothing against them as themselves. Just some of the individuals.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »
1. Furry's wearing collars in public? I don't see a point in it, but if you want to, then by all means!
2. Furry You-tubers? I am one, just none of my subscribers know it. There's at least one that I watch.
3. Furry Dancers? (not only Dance in one vision)(so.. Breakdance, Style-dance ect.) sure!
4. Furry Singers? Depends on what they're singing about.
5. Furry & The Media? As long as they keep an open mind.
6. Furry's desperate learning to draw there own furry art? I try to do that all the time.
7. Furry Conventions? Sure! I don't have enough money to visit one.
8. Furry Clothing Art (t-shirts etc.)? If that's what you want to wear.
9. Furry Fur-suiting? Again, only if you want to.
10. Furry  Meeting (Conventions) games? Don't see why not.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:34:26 pm »
1 I don't care. I wouldn't. But that's me.
2 I like most of them. Have a large (60+) collection of furry you tube channels bookmarked. Follow a few of them as well. Furry pod casts are a different animal. I find most of them to be self centered and narcissistic. Even if they have a guest they spend most of the time talking about themselves.
3. When I first got into the fandom I would watch every major conventions dance competitions. Now not so much. I like what they have brought to the fandom. Appreciate their skill. But don't think I'd watch a dance comp at a con.
4 This is a rough one for me. Perhaps I need to hear more of them. There is  a very small number that I enjoy.
5. NO just no.
6 Well stop being desperate. Slow down and enjoy the learning process. Go for it. 100% supportive.
7 Yes. I've had a blast at everyone I've attended. If a straight, non drinking fur can have fun at a con so can you.
8 Yes.
9. Totally enjoy fursuiters. But don't really want to wear a full suit myself.
10. If my local furmeet was at a different location I'd be there every month.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Glycanthrope

• Species: European badger (meles meles)
  • Writer, musician, therian
  • Male
    • My SoFurry profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:41:58 pm »
Collars to me, send out the wrong kind of vibe to the public.
It can be interpreted at some kind of fetishism/ BDSM  - and we're not THAT desperate for attention.
There are other and better ways to show off that fursona.

2. Furry You-tubers?
YouTube is the one opportunity we have to  present our fandom in a way that hasn't been scripted by the media.

3. Furry Dancers? (not only Dance in one vision)(so.. Breakdance, Style-dance ect.)
I like to watch them. I'd probably get a heatstroke if I tried myself, though.

4. Furry Singers?
I only know of "Bucktown Tiger" and "Max de Groot", and they do a great job.
I know a lot of furry musicians though (myself included) . Furries are a creative bunch.

5. Furry & The Media?
If a stranger offers you candy, asks you to get into a car, or requests an interview on being a furry
-just say NO!

6. Furries desperate learning to draw there own furry art?
Wanting to create your own art - drawing, writing or other -  is an important part of what we are.
Desperation however, gets in the way of expression.

7. Furry Conventions?
Love them! So much energy and creative people.

To me, identifying as a furry is something to be proud of.
I'm a jeans & T-shirt kind of guy, and nearly every item in my wardrobe has some kind of subculture theme printed on it.  A lot of it is furry.

9. Furry Fur-suiting?
I'm a writer and I fursuit as one of my characters.
Getting into character makes it easier for me to understand and write about him.

I only wish the tear-duct vision of my fursuit was good enough to allow me to participate.
SONA SI VOS AMAS PELLIGELLIBUS
(Honk! if you love furries)
- inscription found on the rear bumper of a roman chariot, ca 77AM

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 06:11:06 am »
1: Sure, wear what you want.

2: Sure, upload what you want, if I'm interested in it I'll watch it. So should do everyone else.

3:Again, do what you want there.

4:Just the same answer as n°2!

5:The media mostly cares about views and usually making fun of something weird (Like being a furry) is more controversial and gets them more view so that sucks. For those people who publish the truth about us, those I am really happy with.

6:Huh? I've never had any desire to learn to draw as I have problems with my motor skills.

7: If it makes you happy, go for it! If it doesn't well don't go, problem solved.

8: Again wear as you want, you're buying it/making it and it's not offensive (Racist messages, etc.) Do as you wish.

9: Your money you can spend it as you wish, your time, you can spend it as you wish (if you don't bother anyone) so if you wanna spend yours on those, go for it. If you were to have a happier life fursuiting then go for it!

10: Those don't depend on the meeting as they depend more on the individuals because they are usually smaller and it's centered on social interaction so they can be a mixed bag that will make you meet really good people or really bad or both. For all means try it out if you can, it's usually a good experience and if you don't like it, just don't do it again.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 07:21:08 am »
nothing wrong with it but depending on what the collar looks like i might think something like that is a little weird but wear what ever you want..

2. Furry You-tubers?
some are pretty cringy but again i dont really have a problem with any of them. i may watch a few videos from them time to time (not subscribed to any though)

dont really like breakdancers, though it can be a little entertaining to see videos of the dance comp. at conventions, or the dance video (dancingduke being my favorite)

4. Furry Singers?
depends on the singer. pepercoyote, and dancingduke are two of my favorites

5. Furry & The Media?
fine with it though i think i remember a few cases were a furry started saying cringe worthy stuff

dont spend all the time complaining about it, go at a good pace, dont constantly ask a single person how to get better (good idea to ask multiple people, getting an overall perspective of different artists), and dont look down on your self for not being able to draw well/as good as others. iv got nothing wrong against really wanting to improve/get better, just dont be too hard on your self about it.

7. Furry Conventions?
fine with them happening though im heavily against the way some people behave while there. i might have gone to them in the future but it is possible i may reconsider it. never been to one but had a bad experience with the fandom/conventions/fursuits many things related to those may trigger some anxiety in me/make me feel depressed for a bit but i have mostly improved past the point of having anxiety attacks... (going to keep the reasons to my self though)

as long as its appropriate iv got nothing wrong with it.

9. Furry Fur-suiting?
same/similar with conventions

10. Furry Meeting (Conventions) games?
same with conventions

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 10:49:27 am »

If you choose to do this, go ahead. If I did have one, I would wear it at home rather than out and about.

2. Furry You-tubers?
They are entertaining at times, especially if there are skits or dances involved. I admit that some furry podcasts that are livestreamed to YouTube can get boring, only because the speaker(s) get sidetracked and stop discussing what they intended to discuss...

I enjoy watching them. I wish I had that skillset, and am amazed nobody passes out while performing.

4. Furry Singers?
If you mean musicians...the only one I like is Fox Amoore, but that's because I am biased toward classical music anyway.

5. Furry & The Media?
It depends on which media and show you are referring to. Most of it is for shock value, but lately there have been some decent representations of furries online.

Um...go ahead and practice? It's a lot of fun, once you get your own style established.

7. Furry Conventions?
Yes, please.

If the artwork is beautiful (i.e., Goldenwolf or Windwolf Studio) then I will wear it on a shirt.

9. Furry Fur-suiting?
It's fun. I have enjoyed it, but only for a short time (I tend to overheat in full suits).

Eh, they are fun to watch. Haven't tried them yet.
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 11:11:39 am »
So I want your meanings on those questions of me xD...
What do you think of:

I don't wear a collar in public nor do I do it at home. Not my thing. If others want to, fine. It's your life. Just be prepared for any backlash/negativity if others don't like it.

2. Furry You-tubers?
I don't really spend much, if any, time on YouTube, so I can't answer this question.

I love the fursuit dance competitions at cons. :)  Mangusu (Monster Roo) is my favorite. :)

4. Furry Singers?
Don't really have an opinion on this as I don't listen to much, if any, furry music.

5. Furry & The Media?
Just because some news magazine or tv show makes furry look bad does not necessarily mean that all media is bad. There have been some good furry articles in the past too. Pittsburgh is well known for providing good news about the Anthrocon convention every year. ;) If there is a bad furry news story somewhere, then ignore it. Don't let it get to you.

Patience, practice, time, practice, and more practice, will eventually make you a good or great furry artist.

7. Furry Conventions?
If people want to know what furry is all about and want to meet other furs, then a convention is a good place to start. ;) As long as the convention is well run, has plenty of activities to do, and keeps the "adult activities" behind closed doors, out of sight, or in the "late, late" hours, then I'm fine with it.

Wear what you want to wear I guess.

9. Furry Fur-suiting?
Fursuiting is cool. I love fursuiting. :) But I wish some people would "cool their jets" so to speak about wanting a fursuit and trying fursuiting. Fursuiting takes a lot of time, money, and effort to either create a suit or buy one. You can't rush this.

I haven't been to a furry meetup in ages.  :P

Also if you have any questions about furry or about me...pleas, let me know and I will answer them.  ;)
&
If you like to chat with me please, send me a message & and if you like to be friends... you can always ask me...

Have a nice day so far  :)

Offline phinox

• Species: Red Dragon (Venia)
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 05:27:51 pm »

Wouldn't do it personally but it's a way for people to express themselves which is nice.
2. Furry You-tubers?
I actually watch a couple and it's entertaining.
Not my forte and I don't enjoy watching people dancing anyone. But I think it's a good oppurtinity for people and if they like it who am I to say no?
4. Furry Singers?
This slightly more cringy imo, but again. If they enjoy it *Shrugs*
5. Furry & The Media?
I could cry, moan and whinge like others do about this. But I'm not going too. I can see WHY we're portrayed likes this. We're a very weird bunch :D (:
It's good, it can help people find a talent that they're good at or develop
7. Furry Conventions?
On the bucket list. Seems fun enough
Ditto as with the singing. Slightly cringe
9. Furry Fur-suiting?
I kinda want a suit and it's something I find cool
Nice for the younger/young at heart people. Probably wouldn't join in mind.
Cyfarchion o Gymru - Greeting from Wales!

Picture of 'sona by Pix

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 12:19:51 pm »
1. Furry's wearing collars in public? I am not a fan of collars. Mostly because I see
them as a mark of being owned. Though sometimes they are used as protection for
an animals neck. However it's fine for those who like to wear them.
2. Furry You-tubers? I watch a few, but never made or posted a video.
Not me, this old rabbit has too many seasons to do that.  :D  I never was much for
dancing anway.
4. Furry Singers? Not me, I like instrumental over voice.
5. Furry & The Media? I think the media looks at furries as a subculture. Though
some have given the fandom good reviews most have not.
6. Furry's desperate learning to draw there own furry art? I was already drawing
animal characters prior to learning about the fandom. So I already could draw mine.
7. Furry Conventions? Never been to one, but from what I have seen in videos, they
look like fun.
8. Furry Clothing Art (t-shirts etc.)? Never wear any in real life. I don't get out much.
9. Furry Fur-suiting? No, but if I was younger I think it would be fun to do.
10. Furry  Meeting (Conventions) games? I have enjoyed playing World of Warcraft as
animal characters, feral and fantasy, mostly with my gf over the years.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:35:50 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 12:11:41 am »
1. Collars aren't my thing. Harnesses are more interesting but may cause unnecessary wear on one's fursuit.

2. I follow several furry youtube channels and have also posted videos of my fursuits.

3. Some dancers are better than others. Some are amazing, but I don't watch much of that.

4. Some are good singers, but musicians are preferred.

5. I've gotten a fair share of media attention, but it's for my civic organization chapter.

6. I am an accomplished cartoonist and drew for my high school and college newspapers. I also design a new emblem for my model rocket camp each year.

7. I've attended two different cons, but wish to attend more. Have also hosted a panel.

8. I wore out my Wile E. Coyote polo shirt from 1995. Wish I could get a replacement.

9.  I wear my fursuit several times a year. Mostly for local parades.

10. I do not do any gaming. There's too many other things to do with my free time. Wish there were more fur meets in my area. We only had one in the Spring then the FB page was shut down.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:14:22 am by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Light Blackwood

• Species: Boa & mamba
  • Obscurum
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 10:16:48 am »
If we're talking about furs in the fandom then that's ok me, just another object. But IRL is just weird and of course it depends of the collar type, it doesn't look good in most cases

2. Furry You-tubers?
Youtubers wich are furry are always welcome, like any other person with any "level" of furryness, they doesn't need to make every video about the fandom tho, if they do I call them just Fur-tubers (?

I really haven't seen any, but again, I consider them as being part of the fandom without necessary wearing a fursuit of showing to everyone they're furry :B Still, another theme to add in my list and I'm ok with it

4. Furry Singers?
Same as above, they can be just persons wich like the fandom and are into it, or those who only post songs related to the fandom. Both are ok for me, even when I'm mostly not a fan of songs talking about the fandom heh

5. Furry & The Media?
I already have said enough about this (not in this site), but I just don't like it, we all now already that most cases are just for showing the bad side of the fandom, but even with the good media, it nevers shows exactly all points of view and always focuses on some wicharen't really my thing and I don't like at all.

This is a good thing, of course it depends of the person and how they're asking for help, but at least their trying to do something... a lot lot better than those who are desperate for someone else to draw their fursona for free and expenting a extremly high quality work

7. Furry Conventions?
They're ok for me, so bad they share some aspects I don't like at all...

Good for me, like any other clothing.

9. Furry Fur-suiting?
Not my thing and I don't rally understand it at all... but I respect that and it doesn't bother me actually

That's an ok too... but not really my thing, at least I'm not good with liking most people personalitiesss haha

Offline Keayrin

• Species: is hooski
  • a challice filled with purple wuskycoffee
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 04:53:27 am »
the only input i have is about collars. im a collared pet so uhm... im sorta not allowed to take it off. not even when i shower or sleep. not that id want to i love wearing my collar. it so comfortable and feels great. but yeah. im not allowed to take it off. so theres my input on the topic i guess
got bass? drop it.

Offline Howie_Noble

• Species: Lynx Rufus Sapiens (anthro bobcat)
  • everything has its poem
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 09:43:34 am »
1. Furry's wearing collars in public? - if it fits for the character/fursona, why not?
2. Furry You-tubers? - for those YTbrs with heavy accents or poor audio quality, please provide captions (greymuzzle-by-age hearing issue)
3. Furry Dancers? (not only Dance in one vision)(so.. Breakdance, Style-dance ect.) - sure. It's only a matter of time before there is a "FurryWood" movie with song and dance in many styles
4. Furry Singers? - can you get a mic inside the mask?
5. Furry & The Media? - this will perpetually go sideways because you-know-what sells/makes headlines
6. Furry's desperate learning to draw there own furry art? - practice and learning art styles/theory could make it better, more power to you
7. Furry Conventions? - sounds fun, I'd go
8. Furry Clothing Art (t-shirts etc.)? - I wonder how profitable this is.
9. Furry Fur-suiting? - sounds fun, I'd do it, although just a partial suit.
10. Furry  Meeting (Conventions) games? - maybe if I'm physically capable of taking part in the game(s)
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 10:49:32 pm »
Not a problem. Wish I had the courage to do it.
2. Furry You-tubers?
Don't watch them myself. Gotta conserve my phone's data.
No opinion here. Whatever floats your boat.
4. Furry Singers?
See my answer to 3
5. Furry & The Media?
Don't trust them. If someone shoved a mike in my face and started asking me about Furry my first instinct would be to make an obscene gesture and let loose with a stream of expletives that would ensure it couldn't be put on TV without bleeping nearly every word I said and thus making the whole thing incomprehensible. Sure some nice articles have been written but more often than not it's just the muggles trying to exploit furry fandom for a cheap "hey let's mock the freaks" piece.
Fully support this.
7. Furry Conventions?
Wouldn't mind attending one but I doubt my social anxiety would allow it.
Like them. But the only furry related shirt I own has pugs all over it. I suppose my Classic Ninja Turtles shirt might count but my fursona is a dog not a turtle so I don't think it does.
9. Furry Fur-suiting?
Wouldn't mind having an anthro German Shepherd fursuit.
Not my cup of tea. More power to those for whom it is.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 03:51:55 am »
2. Furry You-tubers?
4. Furry Singers?
5. Furry & The Media?
7. Furry Conventions?
9. Furry Fur-suiting?

1. Absolutely tasteless, you're bound to get a few stares from other judgemental strangers.

2. There are some cute vids uploaded there.

3. They all suck!

4. I'm sorta mainstream label, so if they haven't made it big on their own, then I won't be listening.

5. Horribly misportrays the fandom, a lot of people think we're freaks as is.

6. Drawing is hard, so good luck to them.

7. I've never been to one, but there better be some fine chili to eat... Amongst other things.

8. I'm a closet fur but... I wouldn't put it beneath me to wear such clothing.

9. I think it's just called fursuiting... Never done it but I wouldn't mind.

10. I have a friend who holds fur meets, but I think a lot of furs that show are in costume, I don't have a suit... Yet.
Every now and then...

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 12:30:20 pm »
1 I have no problem. Heck, I did myself once. Was quite... interesting. Though I will do it again some time. This one old guy gave me such a weired out look lol
2 Pawsome. I follow a few
3 Sounds good. One of the furry Youtubers  follow makes furry music videos
4 Oh yeah :) Makes me think of Duke
5 Better question, what do I think of the media? Ugh. They do correctly report a bit on furries, but they then go and blow up the bad
6 It's a free country, but they arent going to die if they don't learn how to draw. Still, let em enjoy it
7 Sound awesome. I have been planning on going to AC2017 with my best friend, but that looks like it's probably not going to happen after all :( So I don't have first hand experience
8 I plan to get some some day
9 I plan to get 2 someday
10 They sound awesome. But then again, I'm into just about any competition

Offline Lorne

• Dead account - not used anymore
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 03:19:04 pm »
1: I do it fairly often and I don't have an issue with it obviously :p
2: Don't think I know of any but I'm not opposed to it
3: I'm not a dance fan myself but I don't see any problem with it.
4: Haven't heard any that I know of, but I kind of live in a music bubble I don't stray from (which is funny considering I work in the music industry)
5: What I've seen in the media has been pretty similar to the Brony stuff, horrible misrepresentation
6: I've always wanted to draw well, furry-ness just gives me some more material to practice with :p
7: I'm not a big fan of conventions in general (too crowded and I'm poor) but I'd consider going to a furry con.
8: If I had any if be wearing it all the time. I don't give much of a toss what others thing so I dress however I like
9: The closest I would ever come to fur suiting is my tail, my collar and a pair of ears. Not really my thing but I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into a suit.
10: Haven't been to any yet. I like staying under my rock like a fox version of Patrick Star :p
Dead account - not checked anymore.