Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 121947 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2350 on: June 04, 2021, 10:10:13 pm »
Neighbor kid drove an ATV through my front yard as I was dragging my lawnmower around the corner. Later moved my good trail cam to the front yard in case he returns. Moments later, he runs out of gas and has to borrow some from a relative. Swapped out the good camera for a dud/decoy. Captured an image of the ATV in the street. Posted it to YouTube with a "complimentary" message. Will take it down tomorrow though.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2351 on: June 09, 2021, 02:18:52 am »
Just got finished doing some guitar wiring repairs for a friend at work. Did my best  to adjust the neck to make the guitar a bit more playable.  Unfortunately the truss rod wont move any farther in the direction I need it to go to make the play as smooth as butter.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2352 on: July 05, 2021, 05:05:30 pm »
Having fun with YouTube. Right now I going through and clicking "Not Interested. Don't recommend channel." on every channel that I don't subscribe to. I have close to thirty channels I follow. Multiple subjects. Everything from science to No Man's Sky. Once i get it down to where YouTube only shows these channels I'll click 'Not interested. Do not recommend channel"on all of them. Just to see what happens. Been doing this for a few months now. YouTube continues to show videos of things I have no interest in. I'm guessing YouTube algorithms sees 'how T cells effect the auto immune system' and 'color theory'. Put these two together and comes up with basket ball.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2353 on: July 05, 2021, 09:31:13 pm »
I've done it!!!! Finally, not a single suggested channel. Only showing the one's I've subscribed to. So here we go. Let's find out what happens when I tell YouTube to not suggest videos from my subscription list as well.

Update. Yes! Now I'm getting random channels. I've said no to the entire first batch. Once they show me something I'm actually interested in I'll keep it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 09:39:27 pm by cause the rat »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2354 on: July 06, 2021, 02:24:54 pm »
Finished making an 8 port electronically variable RF attenuation circuit.  It is made on Rogers-Duroid TMM 10 (ceramic circuit board material).  Oh and by the way , no, you can not easily drill through this ceramic!!!
It is part of a much larger project, sadly not much to do with furry.
It is for a pseudo Doppler radio direction finder circuit.  People call this Fox Hunting, aka find the hidden RF transmitter (the Fox), and you can be the hound (I am a working dog!).  So maybe in some tiny way, this is slightly furry-ish?  I was going to call it the Heidi Hound 1 (after my best dog pal Heidi).

It is smaller than the Beastars Manga Volumes

Close up of Surface Mount Soldering.. not my best, but not bad.  Made in one day, soldering was done at 1am.  No I can not see these parts when soldering, I do it by feel at times.  I USED to be able to see everything.

This was all drawn, etched, drilled and soldered by hand, all my own design as well.  It is almost a piece of art. And yes those swept bends are indeed constant 50Ohms impedance! (nerding out over here).  About 250 individual components here!  The PIN diodes cost over $100 for all 32 of them.  Sometimes I think I am insane.

This is the control and readout part... don't laugh too hard please!  All point to point wiring with through hole parts, a mixture of analog, digital, and weird esoteric parts I have collected since about 1997?  Oh boy....memory lane.  Those are Radio Shack perf boards 10 stacked with spacers.  This thing needs to get into a metal enclosure later.  Unfortunately, this circuit has developed a problem after this photo was taken.

And to finish it all off, a lot of RF cable and a huge 8 antenna array for the top of my vehicle!
 :-[
I need a life
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 02:43:34 pm by Jade Sinapu »
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2355 on: July 06, 2021, 11:05:01 pm »
I've done it!!!! Finally, not a single suggested channel. Only showing the one's I've subscribed to. So here we go. Let's find out what happens when I tell YouTube to not suggest videos from my subscription list as well.

Update. Yes! Now I'm getting random channels. I've said no to the entire first batch. Once they show me something I'm actually interested in I'll keep it.

Interesting. I just used Ublock Origin to nuke the recommendations from pages I visit. I don't see suggestions, i don't even get the multi-thumbnail thingie that pops up when videos end. Videos end and just black screen. also blocks all ads. I only turn off my adblockers for channels/creators I want to support with ad watching.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2356 on: July 10, 2021, 05:15:59 pm »
Jade, that's AMAZING! I wish I had your soldering and electric skills.

Kay, I don't mind some of the channels YouTube suggests. But they can go overboard quickly. I left a news channel that had Trumps last propaganda speech. Then next time I opened YouTube I had lots of right wing media and propaganda sites. The news channel itself wasn't right wing or propaganda based. I'm finding out that anything you do is a sham. They have continued to suggest some of the very same channels. Despite how many times I've said clicked on 'do not recommend'. Think I'm through with this experiment.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2357 on: July 11, 2021, 09:37:37 pm »
Working on a ship model kit.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2358 on: July 12, 2021, 10:53:16 am »
Trying to kick a 3-day migraine, and trying to get dog to stop having "gastric trouble", had to take day off work.
 x_x
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2359 on: July 16, 2021, 02:31:31 pm »
Building a stand up art easel with an 18 by 48 work surface and two small shelves. The frame is all cut and ready for assembly. All out of scrap wood. The table top is part of a failed hydroponic experiment from years ago. Legs and all the plywood is free wood from the trash at work. The easel part itself I made some time ago. Been leaning it against the wall to us it. For now it'll be clamped to the work top. I may have to disassemble part of it to attach it to the base.

Had to scrap my plans on using the dresser as a base for this. Found that When I stand and paint my body shifts around to much. I can sit at the easel I'm putting together now. The part that holds the work is tall enough I'll be able to stand and work at it as well.

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #2360 on: July 16, 2021, 06:21:06 pm »
Just got a haircut. Also just took the dog for a walk.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2361 on: July 16, 2021, 11:08:52 pm »
Worked on a few rockets. Going fishing tomorrow.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2362 on: July 25, 2021, 08:04:04 am »
Working on my Saturn 1b and Saturn V Skylab models. Photographed some of my ROCO Minitanks to post on FA just to show up some guy in South America posting his model tanks. N'yuck! N'yuck!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2363 on: July 25, 2021, 11:55:58 pm »
I'm laying in bed, reevaluating my existence on this planet.
Not my finest time.
other than that,  what in doing is struggling to find a way to sleep so I can repeat my ugly work day tomorrow.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2364 on: July 27, 2021, 08:46:06 pm »
Some light gardening--watering tomatoes. Get out the mower and do the last patch out back.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2365 on: August 02, 2021, 10:18:12 am »
I am still struggling to want to go to work.
About to do a phone meeting in 15 minutes , then walk dog, then head into work.  I have 12 hours overtime already this payperiod, and I do not get paid for it.
But we are in a pandemic...so...
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2366 on: September 05, 2021, 06:55:43 pm »
Just waiting for a package.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2367 on: September 07, 2021, 01:04:06 am »
I'm trying to get sleepy.
Not working.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2368 on: October 12, 2021, 12:30:28 pm »
Going to see the new James Bond film with a friend this afternoon.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2369 on: October 15, 2021, 09:03:05 am »
Getting ready to go out and search stores for Caffeine Free Pepsi. My mom can't find it in stores where she lives, so I thought I'd hunt for it where I live. Supposedly, the rumor is that there is an aluminum shortage, so some soft drinks have been stopped being produced if the cans can't be made. My mom thinks that's bull and she believes the real reason is that Pepsi probably discontinued some flavors so that other new flavors could be made and introduced.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2370 on: October 25, 2021, 01:17:35 pm »
Sending my car to the shop again. Heater fan decided not to work for a few days. Working now. But still going into the shop to get a checked. Took the day off. That alone feels good. :) Might even watch football tonight.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2371 on: October 25, 2021, 04:46:07 pm »
Have to prepare for an upcoming model contest this coming weekend. Fill out registration sheets and figure out which models I am going to take.

(You know, it's kinda funny. I just got done with going to a model contest in Chicago this past weekend, and now I'm going to another several days later.  :D And on top of that, there will be another model contest in about 3 weeks time. Then another one later in December. This Fall is sure busy for me.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2372 on: October 26, 2021, 08:49:09 pm »
I am currently camping with my terrible dog Wanda.
I honestly can't call it camping if I can get cell service... but oh well.  Going home tomorrow. 
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2373 on: October 27, 2021, 07:01:12 pm »
Trying to figure out my Trick or Treating plans as my friend is unavailable due to work.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2374 on: October 29, 2021, 05:46:46 pm »
Packing things up in preparation for going to a model contest tomorrow.