Author Topic: Need help with PS4.  (Read 1984 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Need help with PS4.
« on: June 12, 2023, 03:34:39 am »
I have done everything possible to get this thing connected to the internet. Entered everything manually so many times I got it all memorized. Connecting always fails.
How I have it physically connected. Cable from PS4 to cable TV box.
Help.
Thanks!
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
Re: Need help with PS4.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 08:11:44 pm »
So here's the story so far. Tech came out after my tv hookup failed. His first attempt failed. He was from outside this region. Set it up for the wrong area. Thinks that's what happened to my first replacement. TY now working great! Doesn't freeze up when I channel surf. Tech said I have interference from local radio station. Everyone in town does. That's done. Finally got real help from PlayStation. PS Tech had me try a wifi hookup. That's when we learned my old router is not only insecure but being overwhelmed. From what he can tell on his end is the network is to busy. Meaning there's to much going on to allow the playstation to hook up. Going to drive east and swap the old router out tomorrow. Plus getting a wifi to boot. Going to go wifi to circumvent the interference on the lan.

All this to play one video game. No Man's Sky. A game that's changed so much from the last time I played I'll have to relearn it.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 07:55:35 pm »
When it rains it pours. But the water has to gather somewhere. After 4+ years I'm finally updating No Man's Sky. I have about an hour left.

This did not come without problems. When I first connected my equipment I was using my smart phone. Smart phone is set to shut down when it's inactive after one minute. Guess what it did in the middle of the set up. My fault. After a phone call and scheduled appointment I waited a few hours. Unplugged everything and plugged it all back in. WORKED! So I called and canceled the appointment. Tech on line helped me to set up the wifi. I had to open the game three times before it decided to start the download.

I have learned more about my smart phone today. First time I've ever typed on it. Ya, that was a mess. I'll get better.

I"ll wait to do a Happy Happy Joy Joy dance when I'm actually playing the latest version of this game. But right now I'm feeling pretty good.  :D :D :D

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 08:46:40 pm »
When you delete something it's still there. The device give itself permission to write over the occupied area. If you put the same program back in then there is a dual version of that program. This is what's happening to my PS4. Wile playing the updated No Man's Sky there were parts of the story line that were out of order. Things brought in from what was supposed to be deleted. A lot of glitching. Then if froze. My next screen was it doing a self test. Then it tells me I have to wipe the memory and start over. Not the first time this has happened. I could. But it's only going to superimpose the new data over the old. So it will be a continual event. My PS4 is toast.

Hello XBox One X. I'll try lan first. Wifi only if needed. Keeping the wifi. The only way I'll be able to upload photos from my phone. Plus planning on getting a lap top.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 06:03:47 pm »
I writing this because i hope someone else will find humor in it. I know I will.
I go to my local Walmart to pick up the xbox. Credit card denied. ????? Go home and call my card. I get a pre recorded message. bla bla bl...if your over 50 press one. All others press 2. I don't want hear it so I pres two. Apparently my choice didn't matter. I hung up and called again. Again. The third time I start screaming, very colorfully, into the phone. Letting them know exactly what I think about their offer. Hoping it's being recorded. The fourth time I called I get to talk to someone. Tells me I didn't respond to a text osent to my phone when I tried to buy the xbox. First why would I need to and I didn't receive one . "You should have" I didn't and why?" "Because you haven't used your card there before". Yes I have. Then I said. I just bought a $$$ lawnmower at a location 30 miles away. Had no problems. Why here? "Because you haven't used your card there." Yes I have. They told me I should receive an email about this attempt. So I looked and, no email. So I said thanks and hung up. When to by back. Pulled the cash out and did it the old fashioned way.

If life was easy there would be no comedy.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 03:57:04 pm »
This will be funny. Someday I will be able to tell this and laugh about it. Wifi refuses to hook up with the Xbox. After having to put a Google play app on my phone before I could install the Xbox app. No one told me that. Good amount of frustration there. Then having to deal with never using that little keyboard on the phone. The constant messing up. A great amount of frustration there. Just to finally get all those ducks in a row. Just to have the Xbox not connect to my wifi. I've been herding cats for two days now. Getting a tech back out today to see if there is a filter they can install to get rid of the huge amount of line noise I have. Because of a local AM/FM radio station. The comedy continues.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 07:01:19 pm »
Well the tech just left. Learned something new. All this time I was using the lan line out of the TV box. The reason why this wasn't working is because that's for tech use only. Diagnostics. Tech told me he seen plenty of people hooking games up the same way. So I'll be getting me a long cable. Run it from my wifi. it has one in and three out, to my Xbox. When to my local walmarts. they don't have them. Nothing new. Ordering one. I've waited this long. A few more days wont hurt. Bought games too. The console came with Forza Horizons 5. I have No Man's sky, Wreckfest complete addition, 7 doors, WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship, Crypt of the Serpent King Remastered 4K . Because why not. :)

some comedies take patients

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023, 08:09:56 pm »
Fist, let's talk about the bizarre road trip I just took. Made a wrong turn and ended up in a rail road yard. That was kinda cool. When getting off the highway the guy two cars up got out of his vehicle to talk to someone in the car behind him. He waited for the light to turn green. He got out of his car as soon as the light turned green. When I finally got to where i needed to pick up the cable there were to women standing right in front of what I needed. Both texting. I said excuse me and they both acted like I did something wrong. Took family out to eat. Food was great! Music was so loud you couldn't talk. Wile driving home. At a red stop light. In the left hand turn. The guy in front of me decided he needed to go right. Needless to say that was a wasted green light. When my light turned green I heard, to my left. The driver side door side. Very loud screeching of breaks. Guy in a pickup didn't know red meant for him to stop. Good news is he didn't hit my car.  I really didn't need a close up view of his grill. Raining hard on the way home. Both traffic and highway were good.

Ran the cable. Xbox came to life. All I needed to do was sign in to micro soft. That went south real quick. I was able to sign in on the computer. Not on my phone. The very same sign in. After three or four attempts I was finally able to sign in. Now the Xbox is updating. Let you know if the comedy continues.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023, 10:59:09 pm »
And the comedy continues.

Now I can't log into my Xbox. If I use my phone I take to long to type in the code. If I go to my computer,10 seconds away, log in online, it times out and tells me to try again later.

this isn't funny anymore

I'm going to talk to a tech and try my best to NOT do a lot of screaming. IF it will let me talk to a tech.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 12:18:20 pm »
I'm starting to be glad I have a Nintendo switch...
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 11:14:50 am »
And the comedy continues.

Now I can't log into my Xbox. If I use my phone I take to long to type in the code. If I go to my computer,10 seconds away, log in online, it times out and tells me to try again later.

this isn't funny anymore

I'm going to talk to a tech and try my best to NOT do a lot of screaming. IF it will let me talk to a tech.

Little tip, if you want to speak to a human being just say goofy words back to back. Like "Banana kumquat" or something like that. Stuff that will really confuse the computer. It'll force it to connect you to a person.

EDIT: Like if you say " banana frizzle aardvark" it's gonna ask you to repeat yourself and if you say something like "Cucamonga conga line" in response the machine will have no idea what you said and it'll put you on with a person. A good Turing test to use when you want to know if you're talking to a human or not is to ask the person to say words like Banana, kumquat, or Cucamonga.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:25:39 pm by Kay Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 01:46:36 pm »
Haha that's a good idea Kay!
I hate artifical intelligence.
I work with a bunch of engineers.  Most love the idea I do not.  Therefore I'm the odd dog out.
Artifical intelligence should be used to help diagnose medical issues.  Patten recognition stuff.  Not things like answering the telephone. 

Cause I hope you get things sorted out
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 02:53:35 pm »
Thanks!

It's going in circles. I turn it on. It asks me to log in. I click use console. I go right back to the start page. If I try to log on the computer with the code the screen tells me I'm in. I go to the game and it tells me I'm not. Gives me an error code. I go to help. Type in the error code. And the circle continues. No matter what answers I chose it all ends up the same. One big circle.  X box downloaded all the games to the console. So I know there's a connection.
The only thing I haven't tried is using my phone. That's a nightmare for me to use. I'll do that tonight after work. Joined an X box face book group. Haven't asked for help yet.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 05:11:29 pm »
Got suggestions from the face book page. Still going around in circles.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 06:02:50 pm »
Found out i'm not the only one who's had this problem. Makes me feel better knowing it wasn't something I did. Still getting suggestions. Might try a reddit group next.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2023, 09:54:24 pm »
 :goldhowl: :goldhowl: :goldhowl: :goldhowl: :goldhowl: :goldhowl: :goldhowl:

I AM FINALLY ON!!! All it took was wiping out the system and starting over. Waiting for the games to download.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my griping. It's been a frustrating few weeks.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2023, 12:33:00 pm »
I think I'm howling with you Cause!
Hopefully that Xbox isn't dogging you any more.
(Name that tune!)