Author Topic: Your fursona's ancestry?  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Your fursona's ancestry?
« on: July 06, 2016, 11:31:25 am »
Does your fursona have an ancestry at all? What sort of history, family tree, etc. do you have? How far back does it go? Is your fursona related to anybody important or related to any important historical happenings?
Does your fursona ancestry mirror your real self ancestry and family history or do you prefer to create/use a completely fictional background for him/her?

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: Your fursona's ancestry?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:24 pm »
Simply, no.

My Fursona has no ancestry.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:34:30 pm »
Loc has, but she's left it all behind. Feels no ties to it or her family. It's all just a liability in her line of work, anyway. Who you are is more important than who your ancestors were.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »
my currently ancestry but me as an anthro. so pretty much the same i pretty much am my fursona thing though somehow mysteriously an anthro

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 09:10:33 pm »
Although Tap on Ru is thousands of generations old the Rat nation is only five.  Cause can easily count his ancestry back to their creation. But only really cares about his and his wife's, Reane, ( RE-an- A)  parents. And they're daughter Cracy.

My fursona or any characters of this world are completely fictional. They don't represent any part of my real life. Or anyone I know.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 10:53:06 pm »
Does your fursona have an ancestry at all?
No. My fursona is an artificial life form created in a lab. Ancestry is only meaningful for those who remain reliant on their own biology.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:54:05 pm »
Parker's ancestry and personal history have similar elements to mine, but are vastly different. My ancestry and personal history are as different from his as plants are from animals.
He hails from a universe (or time) when the events of our world, Mass Effect and Halo are history on a planet locally known as "Noveria." Along with the rest of his species, which includes alternate versions of everyone here and more, and by "species" I mean anthros in general. In the events of Mass Effect, 2180's, Noveria was in an ice age. Fortunately, 1,230 years later, the planet warmed enough to let civilizations thrive and they did. The civilizations of Noveria were planted long before the Christian Bible's "flood" by advanced civilizations where they evolved into the beings we know and love today. So that happened.

His personal ancestry: just about the same as mine. One living great grandparent at the time of birth, three grandpas, two grandmas, plenty of aunts, uncles and cousins. He has a brother and two sisters. He hadn't gotten to know his brother until he was close to six and has met his big sister once when he was twelve. Here's where his family tree is different from mine: his mother died when Parker was very young. I know and live with my mom, though I used to live with my dad. Parker's personal history is vastly different, yet quite similar, to mine. Anything that happened to him after the age of 16 is strictly fiction, as of the time this post was made. His personal history before that, however, is loosely based upon mine.

His personal history isn't set in stone yet. I've written various versions of his past and none are canon... Yet. Maybe soon. I'm working on it.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:02:07 am »
Blades' Lineage is rather loose at the moment. Rather than a family tree it's more like random ancestors. Like for example His Aunt Dominique Tavare was a French assassin in the 19th century, His second great grandfather Pascal Tavare was a bootlegger and small time gangster in the Roaring 20's, And his fifth great grandma Kanti (Cree nation for Singing) was a native american chieftain's wife.

Mostly French with threads of native american laced in there. Like me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:04:32 am by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 12:24:36 am »
Firelight's is the same as mine.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 01:05:58 am »
Does your fursona have an ancestry at all? What sort of history, family tree, etc. do you have? How far back does it go? Is your fursona related to anybody important or related to any important historical happenings?
Does your fursona ancestry mirror your real self ancestry and family history or do you prefer to create/use a completely fictional background for him/her?

Answering the first question will take a longer edit to this post....the tl; dr version is yes, Iara does have a very ancient ancestry, tracing back to her kin in Mongolia. She is distantly related to her Guardian, the confuciusornithid bird Flash, and also to her future mentor, an Archaeopteryx.

Iara's ancestry really doesn't reflect my human ancestry at all; however, her lineage and those of her mentors is well documented through fossil evidence (at least, to some extent; it is still uncertain if Archaeopteryx is connected at all to the Cretaceous birds of the Jehol biota).
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:34 pm »
Well as we know Rabbits have huge families. But I fear mine appeared like
magic one day. Alone and friendless I took the old fellow in, and we have
become fine friends ever since.

Turns out he is a great cook. Love those cookies.  :D
oldrabbit.com

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »
Acton  was originally from the South, bot his parents were  prominent  liberals. 

Acton's mother alluded  their family relationship to  Br'er Bear, noting hearing her grand aunt tell stories   how Br'er Bear was good for nothing.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:46:40 pm by Acton »

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 06:06:55 am »
Orion's ancestry is... weird. I've been debating on this for a while, but he's an alien.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 11:39:11 pm »
Wile E. Coyote's somewhat more resourceful nephew. Specializing in model rocketry and no interest in roadrunners. As all coyotes, he is related to the wizard coyote of SW native indian folklore.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:12:51 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 12:18:49 am »
The Silvermyst bloodline dates back over three thousand years, though the first record was of Jayson Silvermyst, the son of a blacksmith in the wolven tribe village.

Over three thousand years from present day Furgasta, the land was divided into tribes of different species. These tribes often came into conflict with each other. During this time, two tribes, the Wolven and the Felipurr, had a tentative peace between them as they lived at the base of what is now known as Mount Godspeak. In an act straight out of Romeo and Juliet, the daughter of the Felipurr medicine man and the son of the Wolven chief fell in love. Both were punished by their respective tribes, forbidden from seeing each other. One night, the two of them fled to the mountain, only to be found dead, both stabbed repeatedly.

This act of murder angered Amun-Ra, the God of Creation, and a severe drought befell the land. Both of the tribes blamed the other for what happened and a war between the two began. During this era of strife and famine, a young boy named Jayson Silvermyst was born. He was raised to hate the Felipurr, and yet the idea driving that hate didn't seem to click with the young wolf. Upon a trip into the woods, he came across an injured young Felipurr girl. They were distrustful of each other, but when she told him her tribe's version of what happened in the mountain, it didn't match what he was told of what happened in the mountain. He decided that he wanted to find out the truth.

Under cover of darkness and in violation of tribal law, Jayson snuck out and climbed up the mountain, a treacherous climb that lasted several days. He faced lightning strikes, falling debris, ferocious winds and brutally cold nights. Upon the third day, Jayson reached the top. It was there that Amun-Ra appeared before the boy, a shimmering mirage of a golden humanoid hawk with the sun upon his crown.

The boy prostrated himself, begging the deity for forgiveness and asking for the truth of the crime that started the war between the two tribes. Amun-Ra agreed, but only on the condition that Jayson would put right the wrongs that occurred and start shepherding the many tribes into one unified tribe. Without hesitation, Jayson agreed.

Amun-Ra could see the purity of the boy's heart and produced for the boy an anvil, a forge, a hammer, and a slab of metal, the kind never before seen in the world. The truth was revealed to the boy that it was the working of two tribal advisors. Both despised each other and desired war to bring about the end of the other, but their leaders desired peace. By killing the two interlopers, each brought about their own story and proof to back their story to the leaders of their tribes, igniting the war.

Jayson was put to task, ordered to forge the metal into a sword that reflects his own justice, a tradition that would be passed down through the Silvermyst bloodline for years to come. The mountain became unapproachable with jagged rocks and brutal winds to prevent any from climbing. At the top, for three years, Jayson hammered at the metal. he was kept sustained by food and drink provided by Amun-Ra Himself, each meal and drink filling the boy with divine power. Upon completion, the sword he crafted resonated with his very soul, dubbing it the Wolfspirit Blade.

Amun-Ra provided garments for the boy to wear before sending the boy back down. The earth around the two tribes cracked open to prevent them from leaving. Upon arriving between the two tribes, Jayson used his new powers to force the warriors apart. He then called out the names of the traitors and announced aloud their crimes.

Dumbfounded by Jayson's sudden display of power and his words, many dropped their weapons. However, the two advisors rebutted the claims, bringing out their evidence. However, he refuted the evidence presented, explaining how each dagger was exchanged between the two advisors to be used as evidence to start the war. He also forced the two of them to admit their own agendas and the driving forces behind their hate by using the spell, Zone of Truth.

Both advisors were put to death as a result. However, the Felipurr advisor was the father of the young Felipurr girl he had met. A girl who went by the name of Olivia Ragnok. From that moment, she bore a great hatred for the boy that had helped her. While she did not believe fully in her father's war, she loved her father dearly. Once the land resettled, she and those who shared her father's vision fled.

Jayson began his crusade, using diplomacy, shows of divine favor, and in some cases military might to try and bring each tribe under his banner. As he did this, Olivia sought out to turn other tribes against Jayson's growing unified tribe. In an act of desperation, she took several captured tribal slaves and sacrificed them, summoning the first demon to the world. This demon promised to give Olivia a means of exacting her revenge by giving her the power of eternal rebirth, allowing her to carry knowledge and power over from each rebirth, as well as giving her demonic power. In exchange, she would serve Apep and find a way to shatter the barrier between the mortal world and the demon realm. From that day, a pact was forged, and Olivia proceeded to summon forth a group of demons to assist her in her war against Jayson's tribe.

Olivia's attack was vicious and unrelenting. However, the power Jayson held, and the holy power of his blade helped lead his people to victory. Feeling a great sense of sorrow and pity for her over what she had lost and what she had become, he chose not to put her and her followers to death. Instead, they were given a boat and supplies and were exiled from the land of Furgasta. The land Olivia and her followers landed upon would in time be called Delucia.

Jayson finally united the tribes in full, but he had been so badly wounded in the war that only by the will of Amun-Ra alone was he able to kept alive. He took a wolven bride named Jasmine during the start of the war. Upon the birth of his son Artorias one month after the war's end, Jayson was allowed to die in peace, painlessly in his sleep.

From there his son was raised to be a fair, just and compassionate ruler and brought to the people the 8 Virtues and establish the first order of knights. Throughout history, the Silvermyst bloodline has been highly regarded by both the nobility and the citizens alike. While there have been attempts by some corrupt nobles to overthrow them, all attempts have been foiled in the end, often by the citizens of the country rather than by the royalty themselves.

The Silvermysts have rules over the ever changing land, eventually dividing the continent up into five kingdoms to better govern the land. Out of all royalty, the Silvermysts have remained the high rulers, with the crown always going to the one who bears the Silvermyst bloodline, ensuring that the holy power within the blood and the power of the Wolfspirit Blade continued to grow over the centuries, a last line against demons summoned and used by the Ragnok family of Delacia.

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 01:01:15 pm »

Hmm, yes, Rain has ancestors; his ancestry is fictional. Since he does live in the midevial times he doesn't have many important people he was tied to except his father. His father was a very important person since he was a hunter, he would hunt down monsters and dragons to help defend the land. His father was considered the one of the best hunters in the land but supposedly defeated by a dragon along side other hunters. The rest of his ancestors were carrot farmers or wagon traders  (:.
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 10:57:23 am »

Yana does have a family tree/ancestry. However, it mirrors my own. I'm not really sure if we're related to anyone important or anyone of important historical happenings. I know that no one in our immediate family fits either of those things. However, I haven't really gone back far enough on our father's side of the family to know much about where we come from on that side.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Nyro

• Species: Wolverine
  • Knock knock it's Nyro
  • Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »
The farthest back Nyro's ancestry goes (at least right now) is his biological parents. He was raised by a family of minks, but I have drawn what his real parents look like and gave them names. His mother is some weird gothic snort and his father is some serious old guy basically. (Obviously though his family is all fictional, and not based off mine or anything).

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 07:50:06 pm »
What Foxpup said. My fursona is a robotic dog. The closest thing to ancestry might be prototypes created before him in order to get the bugs worked out. 
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 11:35:03 pm »
Not really. He's just an anthro dragon from a band of dragon vikings from medieval Europe, who landed on Hawaii and had him. Hence the Hawaiian name Mahao.

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Species: Maned Wolf
  • Hi there!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »
Most likely no when i do start developing the fursona, but that may change.

Offline Lonato Kajika

• Species: Vulpine
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 10:31:15 pm »
Yes, however I'm working on polishing that up before I give too much out. 4 pages so far, yo!

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Species: Maned Wolf
  • Hi there!
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »
Yes, however I'm working on polishing that up before I give too much out. 4 pages so far, yo!

Four pages of ancestry information?

Offline Lonato Kajika

• Species: Vulpine
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 11:01:11 pm »

Four pages of ancestry information?
Sorry, 4 pages of bio, roughly 3 pages of ancestry. I was naively hoping to write a book at some point with outlines, character details, world settings, basically a huge amount of awesome ideas. Then I transferred computers and long story (and many curses) short, I'm rebuilding what I had slowly but surely.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 02:06:47 am »
Well first we have to figure out who my fursona IS.

I guess >-"they"-< are born out of my inability to find an identity for myself.  Masks for me to wear since i can't remember my own face.  Poetic nonsense that makes less sense the more i think about it.

Sometime i don't use characters for what they are meant for.  Sometimes i use double meanings carelessly.  Sometimes i sometimes.  I dunno.  x_x