Author Topic: Wanting/Not Wanting to Make a Character?  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Wanting/Not Wanting to Make a Character?
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:24:49 am »
Hello folks, I have a question for ya'll. Have you ever had this feeling of wanting to make a character (not necessarily at fursona, but a character nonetheless) and when you started making the character, you suddenly don't want to make it? I'm currently at the point. I want to make a white bengal tiger that is an assassin, but I also don't want to. Has anyone else been like this? If so, what did you do?
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
Re: Wanting/Not Wanting to Make a Character?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 10:51:43 am »
I'm kinda familiar with that, yes. I have an idea to create a few new characters besides the two I have now, but now I'm doubting that's a good idea. So my plan is to make an artpiece of them later and save everything what I did on them somewhere (like their personality, hobbies etc. in Word). If I later decide to add them to my other characters after all I can "adopt" them from what I made and saved of them and continue from there.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 05:26:10 pm »
Perhaps your reluctancy to create this character is your not connecting to it. Try thinking of the same personality but in different occupations or situations.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 07:36:01 pm »
Perhaps your reluctancy to create this character is your not connecting to it. Try thinking of the same personality but in different occupations or situations.

Seconded. Doing so also creates a backstory for your character, a series of events that shape who they are as an individual, which is what shapes every living, breathing person around us. You don't need to include any of it anywhere, but it'll be there to refer to if you ever need to explain something your character does.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson