Author Topic: Whatever happened to Karishad the fox?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Whatever happened to Karishad the fox?
« on: May 15, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »
For those of you who don't know, Karishad the fox is the "Handle" of Rick Griffin, the author and illustrator of the popular "Housepets!" webcomic. Karishad the fox is a pun-loving, mischief-making vulpine who started off as a background character and eventually became an important side character. However, as a fan of this comic, I eventually came to know that Karishad was suffering some pretty severe medical problems. I happened to attempt to check on his progress, via his twitter and the Gofundme account set up by some furs to help the playful guy. Sadly however, the last time either was updated has been....a very LONG time ago. I would be very appreciative of anyone able to tell me exactly what happened to him? Is he still sick, has he gotten better, has he gone elsewhere? I do not personally know him, sadly, but I do greatly wish that I could figure out what is wrong. I have included links to his Gofundme, and the houspets! webcomic for those interested
https://www.gofundme.com/karishad
http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/2008/06/02/when-boredom-strikes/
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Whatever happened to Karishad the fox?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:39:02 pm »
Housepets is still updating. Last comic was May 14, 2018. Although from what I can find, Karishad is the best friend of the creator, rather than an online handle of the creator himself.
And what looks like Karishad's personal Twitter is still active and retweeting, so.... Still around.

I'd assume if there was nothing else about their progress since the latest update on the Gofundme page 10 months ago, that is intentional for Karishad to preserve some privacy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:46:21 pm by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Re: Whatever happened to Karishad the fox?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:55:16 pm »
Egh....that's what I meant. Typed to fast and ended up saying Karishad was Rick, which I know isn't true. Forgive the mistype. And I even previewed my post :P

I didn't mean to pry, but I did worry about the guy. And the last I checked, his twitter wasn't retweeting, how did I miss that?
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"