Author Topic: Delete Post Function  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Duffman!

• No sense of time...
  • Male
Delete Post Function
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:52:30 pm »
I ahve noticed a couple of times, i have double posted by accident, and not been able to delete the second post, and simply edit my change into the first post. I thought it would be a cool idea, if we could delete our own posts if they arnt relevant anymore.

<--- I IS ARE HAVING DRAGON!!! :D

Knowing your head, is more valuable than knowing your enemy - Me!

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
Re: Delete Post Function
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:36:35 am »
Unfortunatly we do not allow members to delete posts; however, if you do need a post removing, you can just contact a member of staff and one of us will be able to sort it out for you.
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Lobar

• *begs for pineapple*
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 05:35:29 am »
I know of some forums that allow deletion of a post, but only very briefly after it is posted.  That way you can fix double posts yourself without any of the deletion abuse issues.
   Now,
       let's go play, together...
Together under the
             clearest of blue skies.

Offline Duffman!

• No sense of time...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:55:12 am »
Unfortunatly we do not allow members to delete posts; however, if you do need a post removing, you can just contact a member of staff and one of us will be able to sort it out for you.

Is that so that it doesnt ruin the reading of a post? Makes sense =]

I know of some forums that allow deletion of a post, but only very briefly after it is posted.  That way you can fix double posts yourself without any of the deletion abuse issues.

yeah, thats the kinda thing i mean (:.

<--- I IS ARE HAVING DRAGON!!! :D

Knowing your head, is more valuable than knowing your enemy - Me!

Offline Traumerei

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:19:59 am »

It seems like a sound enough idea to be able to delete posts two minutes or so after they are created. I've also seen this played out many times, and it really does work okay.
-

Offline Mister Initial Man

• Species: Lynx/Bear
  • Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:34:10 pm »
One forum I'm on makes you wait a minimum of 1 minute after posting before posting again.  This keeps out a LOT of double posts.

Offline Werewolfhero

• Friendly Neighborhood Werewolf
  • Male
    • Werewolfhero's Den
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 06:05:40 pm »
Can see why they may not allow members to delete their own posts.  Has run enough forums personal and for communties to know that most likely there'd be potential for abusing it.

Another issue could be the software's limitations. Some features arent always available from one forum software to another.  Another reason could be whether or not that a feature can be modded or added, and if so how intensive a mod is. Some mods arent just as easy as upload a script go to the file via the url and hit a button. some make you edit half a dozen php files and copy/paste or edit lots of scripting before the mod will work.