Author Topic: Remove edit message?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Mooshi

Remove edit message?
« on: November 19, 2010, 04:43:40 am »
I don't remember if SMF supports this, but I do know one of the many open source forum softwares I tried in the past had this. Any chance of getting rid of the edit message when you edit your post? oo We all have our "oops" moments, but I hate how it's so obvious to everyone else that you did something wrong in order to change your post. (common typos to drama) Unless you hit edit right away, you get branded with the derp of approval message that is your edit.

Most of us type "Edit:" anyway if we /really/ want it known we changed something. That is good enough.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
Re: Remove edit message?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:10:26 am »
It's to keep people from changing their posts in order to make someone else look foolish.  the point is more the datestamp than the edit mark.

I edit my posts all the time for grammatical errors...  It's really not a big deal.  ^^;

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Remove edit message?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:28:00 am »
Another reason is it lets the staff know when someone may be trying to break/circumvent the rules and editing their posts about something, or it lets the other staff know if a staff member had to correct something in someone's post. That "Edited by.......... " message at the bottom of any post, whether done by a member or a staff person, has to stay there. It cannot nor will it be removed.