Author Topic: Expand the RP section  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Cirocco the Silver Fox

• Male
Expand the RP section
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:15:16 pm »
This is just a small suggestion but I've seen it work well on other forums. I would suggest creating two new sub sections of sorts, one for regular SFW RP and then a second section for NSFW RP, and then adding a few new options under them as a means of further organization.

So for an example for the SFW RP section you would have:

SFW Open Roleplays - Where the actual RP's go.
SFW Private Roleplays - Roleplays that you have to request the OP or Gamemaster to join
SFW Brainstorming/Recruitment - so we can discuss ideas and find interested partners
SFW OOC Chat - a place to discuss an ongoing story, its plot, what we like, and what we don't.

These sections would also be duplicated of course for the NSFW Roleplay section. Another thing to consider though might even be to create an additional section which would add five subforums, but this last one is really just an after thought as I type this. So it would look like this:

SFW Open Roleyplays - See above
SFW Private Roleplays - Look up
SFW PbP Roleplay - Post by post, which refers to more structured RP using a system DnD, D20 Modern, World of Darkness, Savage Worlds, etc.
SFW Brainstorming/Recruitment - Look higher
SFW OOC Chat - Yep, you guessed it; look up.

So the way I imagine it the forum sections would go something like this:

SFW Open Roleplays
SFW Private Roleplays
SFW PbP Roleplay(Maybe?)
SFW Brainstorming/Recruitment
SFW OOC Chat

NSFW Open Roleplays
NSFW Private Roleplays
NSFW PbP Roleplay(Again, maybe)
NSFW Brainstorming/Recruitment
NSFW OOC Chat

Now I realize that this isn't primarily an RP site, however my suggestions really come down to the fact that I am an absolute stick for rules, regulations, organization and everything in general that represents order. Mhm that's right - Lawful Good.  8)
I chase the wind, but have no dreams of catching it.

Today is all we have - Personal Mantra

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Expand the RP section
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:51:25 pm »
I hate to say this......and please don't think me harsh for this, but.........There's no way myself or the rest of the staff would add so many extra RP forums and sub-forums. It's way too much.  :P
The more forums/boards we have, then the more the staff have to watch.
If we add another board, then we have to take into consideration if the "traffic flow" for that new board justifies us having it. If people don't see it, use it, etc., then it just sits there and doesn't get used, then why have it?
If I understand you correctly, you're talking about 10 new RP boards.  :o We currently don't have the staffing manpower to watch another 10 new boards. Plus, all those new RP gaming boards would drown out all the other forums and activities that go on at Furtopia. This place would look more like a gaming website instead of the furry website that WS and Kada-Ru envisioned. Plus, Having the staff watch extra gaming forums would take us away from watching other forums and topics that might need our help.

If a member wants their RP to be private, Open, etc., then all they have to do is write it in their RP gaming thread when they go to write their opening post. As far as OOC stuff, that can be explained here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=42811.0
How an RP is played, written, set up, controlled, etc. is completely up to the Gamemaster/Original Poster of that RP thread. Rather than making new sections and forums and sub-sections, The staff leave it up to the Gamemasters to decide how they want their RP to be. All the staff ask is that the GM and the members follow Furtopian rules. Anything else is decided by the GM.

As for adult RP's, the staff did add a new adult RP forum in the Adult section. There are guidelines and rules for that as well. Again, the staff leave it up to the GM on how they want to create their RP's.

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:01 pm »
That is a lot of words to say "no". However! I of course take absolutely no offense to this. I am a huge stick for order and organization, and the forum is a bit more disorganized them I am accustomed to, thus the suggestion in the first place.

However, seeing as how the forum itself doesn't seem to get a lot of activity or traffic - no offense, seeing as how I actually like it here - it does seem like a bit of excess. The suggestion itself was made more or less to put the idea out there, as a future possibility should the forum itself see a sudden expansion and/or growth of members and activity.

The forum has a lot of potential, so keep in mind that any suggestions I make won't just be for immediate use, but will also be made under the idea that the forum itself will grow considerably in its own time.

I also have some further thoughts on things, but a "suggestion box" really isn't the right place to put them. Especially since they are largely observations, and likely self apparent. So! More to the original point - this eight to ten (really, you don't need the PbP sections, they just popped in my head as I was typing - so eight) sections are a suggestion should the board see a sudden uptick in RP activity. In addition of course, to my absolute love of organizing things... trust me I organize the weirdest things.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:15 pm »
I'd write more tonight, but I have to be up early tomorrow for work.  :P I'll maybe add more tomorrow. All I can add for tonight is that a lot of what you suggest has already been done by members in various RP threads in the RP forum.

If a member wants their RP private, open, post-by-post, etc., then all they have to do is write what they want in their opening post in their RP thread they are creating.

If a member wants to create a OOC thread, then that is optional at their discretion.

I also have some further thoughts on things, but a "suggestion box" really isn't the right place to put them. Especially since they are largely observations, and likely self apparent.
Send me a PM. I'd be interested in reading. ;)

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:22:46 am »
Of course, sir. As you request.