Author Topic: Furtopia RPG - MK II  (Read 79506 times)

Offline Rikimaru

• Much Love
  • Male
    • http://rikimaru2004.deviantart.com
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2003, 06:39:44 pm »
"well you're on the holiday planet, Zenon. i was here on holiday until this happened."

Simon look up at Kale.

"So where did you come from?"
ANYONE WANNA CHAT? DETAILS ARE IN MY PROFILE!

Truism of the week: Eggs are most likely to be eggs.

I may be human...but i love all

Offline Kale

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2003, 06:49:03 pm »
Kale looks up, well, if theres a hot center to the galaxy, im from the planet that is furthest from. OUr hyperdrive drive systems malfunctioned and now im lost" He looks saddened for a second, before they get thier first glimpse of the sleek streamlined vessel, huge in its proportions "This is the espirit, a heavy corvette, maximum crew 15, and im the only one left"
"A picture paints a thousand words, but only a thousand words can paint a thousand diffrent pictures" - unknown

my fur code: FMOp3a A? C- D H++$ M? P? R+ T+++ W Z? Sp+ RLLW/U/- a- cadn++++ d+ e# f- h* iwf++ j p+ sm--

My site:

http://www.anthrosoft.furtopia.org

Offline Murrg

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2003, 01:45:16 am »
He awoke sweating and sticky with his own blood, Upon sitting up he noticed that he was still bleeding more than he should. " I need to do something he thought" The same nagging voice in the back of his head responded " Heal your self you can you have these powers use them"   "shut up" Murrg screamed " I won't endanger others not again to much blood stains my hands already"  I'll wait till it gets dark and look for a pharmacy Murgg said to no one at all.

Later after it got dark.  Bundling himself up in a blanket and folding his one good wing up he went  out looking for some medical aid, finding a small shop that was not very busy he went in  " Do you have any first aid kits ? "  he asked the creatuer behind the counter. " In the back " came the gruff reply. " Thank you"  He located a first aid kit  Then relised that his money would probly not be any good  " Damn" he exclamed to himsefl under his breath Serching his belongings he located a ring and finaly negotiated a deal with the shop keeper. After that he headed back to the abandoned building.
You see my world when you shut your eyes so tightly that tiny shapes float before them

est sularus oth mithas

ZAKU ZAKU!!

FFPmw3mrs A- C- D H+ M++++ P++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm- RLAT a cn+ d+++$ e** f++ h# i++ j+++ p+++ sm-

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
    • http://fearfactor.atspace.org/
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2003, 06:55:30 am »
"That's one hell of a ship. Whats the load-out on that thing?"

FCX3rw/CW6s A+ C- D>++++ H+++ M- P+++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm++/m++ RL- a- cn++++ d++ e-$ f++ h* iwf+++ j+++ p* s--

Offline Joel

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2003, 08:21:04 am »
The dropship landed in a relatively barren place, oddly familiar to the dreamer; but then again, all of this sector was familiar, due to the map upload.  

S/he activated the nanites within him/her, and gave him/herself more... tangible qualities.

Reddish orange fur blossomed forth from smooth skin, and long, straight black hair grew in abundance from his scalp.  The fur turned white on his underbelly, and black at the tips of his ears, ends of his arms, and at his legs.  He put on the most inconspicous clothes his memory could provide (Band T-shirt, in a long forgotten dialect of Standard Galactican, i.e. English), and some darkly pigmented, densly woven cotten pants.  Finally, he put on an amulet, with a oddly glowing emerald in the middle of a silver dolphin design,  and a ruby ring...

The Dreamer's mission had begun.

He began to walk towards the most populated area, seeing as it was only a few miles away...

He noticed a couple of figures a little bit ahead of him.  He decided to try to get their attention...

"Halloa!" he said, in laughably archaic language, "God's shield save thee, good sirs, One is but a traveler searching for ye path to ye nearest village... know thou the way?"

Offline Firebreath

• General Support/Advice
  • Male
    • http://www.firebreathxiii.furtopia.org
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2003, 06:49:06 pm »
Jason sighed as he looked at his watch. His target should be near to get into his relative position. Or, well, that's what the mission clock said.
Travel in space ways wasn't an 100% exact science, but could be pretty close. Jason just hoped that the clock was right, because he was starting to be very, very, very bored of waiting...

Couple minutes later, something appeared on his screen. The computer flared, in it's cold, lifeless voice. "Object in range. Scanning configuration." Jason jumped out of his seat, and his finger ran on the buttons on the interface of his ship. "Configuration: High-class transport. Medium speed vessel. Three docking bays. Current velocity: 1024 kilometers per second. ETA fourteen minutes to junction point."
The computer stopped talking, and the whole ship became silent. "This is it..." Jason thought, as he removed the safety on his distress signal.

His radio started to emit a constant signal, which would appear on any ship's command and communication console within one parsec. There was no way the vessel in the system wouldn't come to his help now. All he had to do was to wait for an incoming message from them, and hope his ruse would work.
"There is no problem that cannot be solved with the judicious and precise application of high explosives or heavy ordnance."

Offline Kale

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2003, 08:02:13 pm »
He looked at the wolf and said "lets see... it has two double shot micro ion cannons, mounted on fast traking turrets that retract into the hull, designed to support the Lutran fleet cruisers. Mounted onto the same turret mountings are two pairs of pulse lasers that can effectivley visercatre light and heavy figters. I think it also has a missile bay, but im not sure if it works. By the way, i wouldnt think of stealing it, because you cant pilot it without me" They had reached the side of the ship and kale pressed a paw to the panel and led the group inside and to the medical bay.
"A picture paints a thousand words, but only a thousand words can paint a thousand diffrent pictures" - unknown

my fur code: FMOp3a A? C- D H++$ M? P? R+ T+++ W Z? Sp+ RLLW/U/- a- cadn++++ d+ e# f- h* iwf++ j p+ sm--

My site:

Offline Ukiko

• Female
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2003, 12:33:00 am »
The pilot frowned at the flashing distress signal.  

Naturally...

He tapped the comm for the interior suite.

"Midori-Sama, I'm afraid we're going to have a delay.  There's a ship in distress nearby, we need to answer the hail and lend assistance.  Please make yourself comfortable."

Tapping the comm again, he hailed the distressed vessel.  "Vessel in distress, this is transport ship Amuboshi, we've recieved your call, what is the nature of your emergency and what assistance can we provide?"

Not 'conspiracies'. 'Conspiracy.' Singular.

Offline Firebreath

• General Support/Advice
  • Male
    • http://www.firebreathxiii.furtopia.org
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2003, 01:26:02 am »
Jason smiled as he haerd the radio. His plan worked! Well, so far anyhow. Now, the real hard part was going to be to hijack that vessel. Hopefully, his training would be enough to pilot the thing. Otherwise, there was always hostages...

He took a panicked voice. "Oh, gosh Amuboshi, you have NO IDEA how glad I am to hear you! I was on my way, and my engine failed really badly. Seems that the main fuel pump went out, and fried the whole electro-magnetic compression assembly. The computer shut down the engine, but it's quite repairable. The problem is, I can't do it in EVA. I need to wield some parts, and you know how hard it is to burn something without oxygen... And I didn't carry my airless wielder with me on this trip. All I'm asking is about an hour or two in your docking bay, and I'll be on my way. That's if you can spare one..."
He crossed his fingers. This was the moment of truth...
"There is no problem that cannot be solved with the judicious and precise application of high explosives or heavy ordnance."

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2003, 06:00:59 am »
"Holy sh..." Havok broke off and remembered about the kid. "It's a hell of a ship. I might be able to get those missile bays up and running for you, but it may take a while. I had a bit of practice breaking them before I lost my ship, so fixing them should be a cinch. Sometimes it's just a case of an internal computer failure with some models"

FCX3rw/CW6s A+ C- D>++++ H+++ M- P+++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm++/m++ RL- a- cn++++ d++ e-$ f++ h* iwf+++ j+++ p* s--

Offline Joel

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2003, 07:12:28 am »
The beings seemed to ignore him, talking about ships and computers and other such things.  He decided to try to get their attention once more...

"Sirs, One must asketh thee to answer mine question: where is ye closest population center?"

As they continued to ignore him, he emitted an unholy shriek as he went into battle mode... a bit of a glitch in the nanites programming, unfortunately... there wasn't much left.

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2003, 07:37:08 am »
Havok's ears pricked up again at the shriek. He was already aware of the strange talking, but at first he had thought it was just the bump on the head. No-one ever said words like "thee" or "asketh". He drew his gun yet again and aimed at the stranger. This time, he'd make sure he got an answer as and when he wanted them.

"Identify yourself or I'll let you see your brains!" Havok growled at the stranger. "And I mean it"

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2003, 08:01:44 am »
As soon as our squadron come within range of the Abraham, our radar screens expanded to a much greater range. Now that there were more ships in the area, radar shunting was a better possobility. That and much more accurate target ID and tracking.

So far at least 30 identifable other squadrons were in the area, as well as 50 some odd capital ships. On the edge of the screen, there were the blips of the unknowns. Almost like a swarm. It was almost time.

Suddenly there appeared a mass of ships right in the middle of the American holding formation. Hundreds of them. But... how-

"BREAK! ENGAGE!" And so the battle began.

I kicked the throttle to the highest setting, and my fighter lept foward, as I twisted it's elegant shape around, to meet with the now expanding enemy attack group. Already I could see explosions and gun fire flying.

The larger ships began to slowly turn, twisting their broad sides towards the attack group, in hopes of getting all their weapons within the fireing arc. I watched as fighters flew in from every direction, their hullls glinting in the distant sun's light.

*Beep Beep* "Target lock detected"

"crap!" I jinxed the fighter to the side, then hitting the afterburners, I Pulled on the stick, causing me to flip my fighter over my former position, though the enemy was smart, It followed. Rolling to the left, I then did a sharp dive, narrowly missing the hull of a capital ship. It still followed.

I turned my ventral side to one of the large capital ships, and hit the afterburner again, changing my direction sharply. It was well calcualated to the point that I was able to avoid the hull by a few feet. I sped across the hull, yawing left and right as some sort of energy weapon fire flew by me. Pulling hard on the stick, my fighter flipped upward, then with a new need for speed, I had the fighter tuck its wings back.

Ready... set... go... I fired the atmospheric escape thrusters, and my fighter lept foward pressing me into my seat. Of course this was an ill advised manuver, but I didn't care much right this moment. Then Shutting off the engines, my fighter drifted with it's new speed, and I extended the wings out again. Okay. We'll do this quick.

5....4....3....2....1. I pressed the stick down, and once I got to the 90 degree point, I pulled it, canceling my turn once I got to the point I was faceing rear. There, I was stareing my enemy in the face. I was certainly going faster then it, but it had manuverability. I didn't.

Pulling the trigger I fired off the Rotary cannons. A spray of bullets lept foward towards my target. Suddenly, some sort of purpulish, blue bubble flaird up around it. Sheilds?! Damn!

I suddenly saw the hull of the enemy ship begin to spark, and glow with a blue light. It almost seemed to get brighter and brighter. The sparks flying across the hull in a more rapid pace, like it was building up for something. Then it began to acclerate. Towards me! Is it doing a kamakazii? No! No! Why? It has the upper hand!

It accelerated even faster, to the near point that it was only a matter of secounds. Then it's hull flashed a bright white light, blinding me. Warining sounds went off madly in my cockpit, the radio leaping into a wave of static, and my paniced mind raceing for an answer, in my blind state.

Little did I know, I wasn't in SOL anymore. I wasn't anywhere anymore.

Offline Joel

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2003, 01:35:40 pm »
Quote (Running_Wolf @ Nov. 16 2003, 7:37 am)

The red glow died down, as the Dreamer's mental faculities took hold again.  He held his forehead, as if a large headache was racking him...

"One could be called many things, sir, but one would prefer that thou callest one Joel... that appellation is more of a pseudonym than anything else, but it serves my... purposes."

He stood up straight, looking the stranger directly in the eye.  Suddenly, the nanites that controlled his language updated at this new language, and he was able to speak 'regularly', you might say.

"I am here to warn your populace of a grave danger that resides here.  I am from a planet known as 'Earth', in the Sol System... I left about 5,000 years ago in a sleeper ship... Please forgive my previous outburst, but 5,000 years of sleep does tend to make one restless..."

Offline Kale

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2003, 01:48:48 pm »
Kale looked at the stranger... joel was it? "Earth?? WHat is Earth?" He then turned back to Havok and said... if youre offering to help me get the ship  working again, im guessing you want something in return"

'Earth...' He thought 'Is less than a myth back home, and this worries me... as does this joel...'

My site:

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2003, 02:06:59 pm »
Havok spoke to Kale from the corner of his mouth. He wasn't taking his eyes off this Joel character. Or his gun sights.

"All I ask is medical treatment and a slamm ship. If you don't have a one, I'll stick around until you get one"

He started to speak to Joel again.

"What kind of being are you?"

Offline Joel

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2003, 02:31:57 pm »
"Being?  I guess you could call me a genetically engineered cyborg... only the cyborg part with nanites.  I was created to deal with certain unsavory lifeforms found on the rim worlds, this being one of them."

He paused, apparently for effect.

"This lifeform, is not so much a lifeform, as a machine of destruction in the guise of a lifeform... a pestilence, a cancer.  It chews through planetary populations and operates on paranoia and primal fear...  I think a picture might be more appropriate than I describing it to you..."

Joel then pressed his right temple, and activated the image projector in his retina....

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2003, 02:40:42 pm »
The gun was still aimed at Joel.

"So what you're saying is this thing's gonna kill us all?"

A bemused look appeared on Havok's face.

Offline Rikimaru

• Much Love
  • Male
    • http://rikimaru2004.deviantart.com
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2003, 04:03:27 pm »
Simon gets confused by all this talk of space ships and computers.

"wha..."

Then Simon hears a loud scream.

"woah woah calm down!!"

He saw Havok raise his gun, he went to stop him, but he didnt as this being may have been hostile. He listens to the convosation they have and looks horrified by the creature that was shown to him. He turned to Kale with a horified look on his face and he stuttered as he spoke.

"L...l...l lets get th... the hell off thi.... this rock before that..... thing gets us! I dont wanna die!"
ANYONE WANNA CHAT? DETAILS ARE IN MY PROFILE!

Truism of the week: Eggs are most likely to be eggs.

I may be human...but i love all

Offline Kale

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2003, 04:24:26 pm »
"dont worry, I wont let them." He turned to havok. "The ship works fine, just damage to the hyperspace engines which I think may be repairable, so shall we get inside and get that leg sorted out?"

My site:

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2003, 05:20:48 pm »
"Fine, but we take Joel with us. He could prove useful. My guess is that no-one else knows about this except us. We're gonna have to warn everyone and get them ready for a war"

He lowered his gun and limped into the craft.

Offline Murrg

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2003, 07:25:42 pm »
He awoke screeming, He could feel it they where coming creatures born of chaos and destrution, consumers of worlds and cultures throughout the megaverse. After taking a bit to compose himself he came to a decision, he had to warn someone he had to do something, He had to get out of here now. Hitching a ride to the outscirts of town he began looking for a way off this planet.

You see my world when you shut your eyes so tightly that tiny shapes float before them

est sularus oth mithas

ZAKU ZAKU!!

FFPmw3mrs A- C- D H+ M++++ P++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm- RLAT a cn+ d+++$ e** f++ h# i++ j+++ p+++ sm-

Offline Joel

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2003, 07:34:59 pm »
"There are a few more things you should know... wherever these creatures are, a few others usually follow..."

Joel looked rather grim.

"I'll elaborate, if you like."

Offline Murrg

• Male
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2003, 11:08:46 pm »
He had been let off outside the town and had walked in the direction's the driver had given him to the next town A small village. Upon arriving he noticed two things the smell of burning and voices drifting on the wind. " They can't be here not yet but what could have done this" He asked himself as he began fixing the rements of his armor in place and moved closer to the voices. Crouching down he could see three or for figures standing near what appeard to be a light scout or support ship of some kind.

est sularus oth mithas

ZAKU ZAKU!!

Offline Ukiko

• Female
Furtopia RPG - MK II
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2003, 11:57:12 pm »
The pilot tapped the comm.  "This is transport Amuboshi to vessel in distress....We are now transmitting your coordinates to planetary assistance....they'll be here within the half-hour.  Just sit tight.  We'd pick you up ourselves, but we have a strict timetable and security issues....and it sounds like you'll be just fine, son, no need to panic."

Not 'conspiracies'. 'Conspiracy.' Singular.