Author Topic: .....I may need a bit of assistance...  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Moon-Baby

• Male
.....I may need a bit of assistance...
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:55:44 pm »
OK, I've had this space for a while, was planning on adding more to it but never got around to it.

Now I'm finally starting, I've got most of it layed out in a notebook.

I've got a few questions.

I re-read the stuff about ratings, and it says I have to have adult and general separate. Does this mean only pictures and stories, or if I have writing that uses a bit of language, it has to be separate as well?
Because if so, I'll have to completely redo my folders. Also, would there be any way to delete or change names of folders?

Basically I have planned for really only 2 folders: site images, like buttons, icons, and such, and miscellaneous  files, with html files on the top folder, not really sorted.

So ,really I'm asking for help with some kind of layout, and help with those folders I don't need anymore.

I already went and deleted all the files I had up, because they won't work how I'm going, and all I think i need is "img" and "misc" for folders.

I think i may be starting to ramble, so I'll just stop talking for now, and any help would be nice.
One Dark Sky
One Bright Moon
An Endless Sea Of Stars

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:39 pm »
Are you using the site thumbnail function or are you making an actual web page (html)?

For moving files to your website I STRONGLY recomend you try Filezilla.  It's easy to use and lets you work with your web space like it was just another drive under windows.  You can find it here: http://www.furtopia.org/tools

WhiteShepherd
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot

Offline Moon-Baby

• Male
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 06:27:34 pm »
Yeah, I'm making an actual web page.

Also, the misc folder would be used for other files that I need to host, but wouldn't be for the website.

I also went and got that filezilla thing. Looks spiffy.

How do I log in with that?

I've seen at least one other person ask about deleting unwanted folders. I think I need that too. How would I go about that?

One Dark Sky
One Bright Moon
An Endless Sea Of Stars

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 07:17:45 pm »
To connect you put your username, your password and the site (ftp.furtopia.org) and it'll log you in the site. On your right you'll see your folders and stuff. To delete them you just clock the uploaded file and click the erasing key on your keyboard, or right click delete or so. Like any other computer file.
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Moon-Baby

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:50:12 pm »
I had the address messed up. Thanks.
One Dark Sky
One Bright Moon
An Endless Sea Of Stars