Author Topic: Impossible Meat?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Impossible Meat?
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 03:25:41 pm »
We could aways go to Soylent Green.  :D

Soylent Green is furries!  :o

Just tell me the truth when I buy it!
Actually, this is what bothers me. What if a company, restaurant, or some other person or place did NOT reveal that the product they were selling was a meatless substitute? Food companies, restaurants, and retailers have been caught lying multiple times in past decades about the stuff they sell, how something is made, the ingredients they use, and so forth. If I go to McDonalds and they serve both the regular meat Big Mac and a meatless Big Mac, then how do I know I'll get the regular Big Mac if I order it? What if a cook secretly switches the patties used without telling me? Or what if the company's CEO secretly tells all it's restaurants to secretly switch all the patties without telling it's customer base? What then?

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 04:23:04 pm »
Actually, this is what bothers me. What if a company, restaurant, or some other person or place did NOT reveal that the product they were selling was a meatless substitute? Food companies, restaurants, and retailers have been caught lying multiple times in past decades about the stuff they sell, how something is made, the ingredients they use, and so forth. If I go to McDonalds and they serve both the regular meat Big Mac and a meatless Big Mac, then how do I know I'll get the regular Big Mac if I order it? What if a cook secretly switches the patties used without telling me? Or what if the company's CEO secretly tells all it's restaurants to secretly switch all the patties without telling it's customer base? What then?

I'm not fluent in legal matters but i would think they have to inform people for allergy reasons. You can't just switch someone's food on them without them knowing, it's highly illegal.
When I worked at McDonalds two guys got fired for giving customers diet soda instead of regular because the customers in question were large women and they felt the women didnt deserve to drink regular soda till they lost weight. Incidentally they made it no secret about what they were doing and why and were promptly fired.

Soy allergies are a real thing and in extreme cases can cause a person's throat to close up.

Just as manufacturers are required by law to print on their packaging if food product is processed with the same machinery as peanuts, yes even if the product is a snickers bar, I imagine that restaurants which serve tofu products are require to inform customers if their food might contain soy.
But knowing the way some vegans can be; some, not all. I wouldn't be shocked if there's a big asterisk and then the smallest type they can print. *

*Because why should they provide you with clear information yeah?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 06:07:59 pm »
I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled this stunt again
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 07:25:36 pm »
If I ever had to give up beef for whatever reason and I couldn't stomach eating any beef substitute, I'd most likely switch to chicken.

Gimmie a nice grilled chicken breast fillet, melted swiss (or pepperjack) cheese, lettuce, maybe bacon, possibly tomato (but not sure), and maybe some sauce (BBQ perhaps?).

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 07:50:10 pm »
They already sell fake fish at McDonald's the last time I worked there they don't throw anything away like the hamburgers left in the trays for hours and when I tried to toss out the way overdue burgers I almost got fired they cut corners and theyre trying to make everything via vending machine

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2019, 04:29:23 pm »
At least at Kobuk's Kafe & Koffee House, we serve our sandwiches with only fresh meats. No artificial flavors or other products. No meat substitutes at all!

Though for vegetarian eaters, we do offer pita pocket sandwiches stuffed with your choice of fillings such as, but not limited to: mushrooms, onions, tomatos, spinach, regular lettuce, romaine lettuce, bean sprouts, carrots, diced red & green pepper, broccoli, sliced cucumber, etc.

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 08:22:16 am »
At least at Kobuk's Kafe & Koffee House, we serve our sandwiches with only fresh meats. No artificial flavors or other products. No meat substitutes at all!

Though for vegetarian eaters, we do offer pita pocket sandwiches stuffed with your choice of fillings such as, but not limited to: mushrooms, onions, tomatos, spinach, regular lettuce, romaine lettuce, bean sprouts, carrots, diced red & green pepper, broccoli, sliced cucumber, etc.

:goldglee: :goldhowl:
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 08:24:51 am »
Here is something else to think about along this thread....I know we are talking about meatless meat (soy/veggie, etc), but what about wood pulp in food as a filler? A bit off topic perhaps with this thread, but that is pretty meatless also. And disgusting.
I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 01:11:37 pm »
I hope wood is not used as filler.
Is that illegal?!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 02:50:38 pm »
Here is something else to think about along this thread....I know we are talking about meatless meat (soy/veggie, etc), but what about wood pulp in food as a filler? A bit off topic perhaps with this thread, but that is pretty meatless also. And disgusting.

Is that illegal?!

Isn't wood actually a plant? Made up of lots and lots of cellulouse fibres?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2019, 03:31:03 am »
Is that illegal?!
Don't worry, it's been chemically treated to bear no resemblance to the original plant matter. Check your ingredients lists for E-numbers 460 through 469.

And disgusting.
Having once eaten a spoonful of pure methyl cellulose (E461) on a dare, I can confirm that it is... not very tasty. (Although the same can be said for most pure substances found in food.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:34:04 am by Foxpup »

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2019, 01:14:45 pm »
Yesterday I tried that colieflower crust pizza it needs work it was too mushy for my liking but it would be good for folks missing teeth