Author Topic: The "Good News" thread.  (Read 94153 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Reply #2150 on: April 23, 2021, 12:01:05 pm »
I'm about to finish my Fire Tech class. Also beginning to start all my FEMA required classes for next fire season. Here's to hoping I earn a spot on a Type 2(IA) Handcrew.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2151 on: April 25, 2021, 12:20:22 am »
A free $50 fuel card, courtesy of my credit card rewards program, arrived today.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2152 on: April 25, 2021, 10:14:20 pm »
I started therapy last week, and it's covered by my insurance. And I've been getting some stim toys for myself and nice things for my apartment. And I got a refund for the HP laptop that was supposed to replace my Dell--at least the Dell is still working! Going to look into a smaller Chromebook to take with me to work instead.

And even more good news I forgot to share--I am fully vaccinated against the plague!  :-[
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:17:32 pm by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p*

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2153 on: April 25, 2021, 10:39:21 pm »
And even more good news I forgot to share--I am fully vaccinated against the plague! 

Congrats!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:15:11 am by Kobuk »

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2154 on: April 26, 2021, 03:54:15 am »
And even more good news I forgot to share--I am fully vaccinated against the plague!  :-[
Just because you have protection doesn't mean you can go tempting fate. Would immediately walk around the bad parts of town calling people out just because you got a bulletproof vest? You may have gotten the vaccine but the virus a living thing and evolution is relentless. The moment you get careless and complacent you're gonna get sick. Keep your mask on, keep out of crowds and remember, even if you don't get sick there's a chance you could be carrying it. So don't take chances.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2155 on: April 26, 2021, 01:08:39 pm »
Let's put the blame where it belongs here. it's not the drug companies fault we will all need booster shots. It's republicans, right wing media, Q and others who are doing their best to keep this virus alive and killing.

Getting a primary doc for the first time in years. And right here in the town I live in. It's good news as long as he doesn't have anything to tell me. :)
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #2156 on: April 27, 2021, 12:46:18 pm »
Let's put the blame where it belongs here. it's not the drug companies fault we will all need booster shots. It's republicans, right wing media, Q and others who are doing their best to keep this virus alive and killing.
No, it's biology. Several vaccines often require booster shots. That's just the nature of the beast. But when a virus is this prolific new strains are inevitable. That doesn't mean the vaccine is pointless, some protection is better than none, but needing a booster is just how this vaccine (plus many others) works.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2157 on: April 28, 2021, 02:04:53 am »
Kay and Kobuk-I appreciate your concern and I understand what you mean--I am still wearing my mask around others and staying home 95% of the time. I know the vaccine is just a start and that future vaccinations/boosters will be necessary. I know the biology of viruses, I have a degree in Biology, so I am well aware of the risks right now.

I just thought it was good news to share.

I guess not.  :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p*

My art and such

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2158 on: April 28, 2021, 09:18:16 am »
Kay and Kobuk-I appreciate your concern and I understand what you mean--I am still wearing my mask around others and staying home 95% of the time. I know the vaccine is just a start and that future vaccinations/boosters will be necessary. I know the biology of viruses, I have a degree in Biology, so I am well aware of the risks right now.

I'm sorry, Iara.  :( I should have wished you Congrats, but instead my comments came off as something else and warned you that people may need another shot and such. I removed my original comments and instead wished you congratulations on getting vaccinated.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2159 on: April 28, 2021, 02:34:21 pm »
Concern is caring. It's all good.

My new brace came in TODAY!!! You know your getting old when you get excited over medical devices.  :D My left knee will now be supported by velcro, spandex and stainless steel. I'm becoming a cyborg. Perhaps Protogen should be my next furnsona. :)
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2160 on: April 28, 2021, 02:52:33 pm »

I'm sorry, Iara.  :( I should have wished you Congrats, but instead my comments came off as something else and warned you that people may need another shot and such. I removed my original comments and instead wished you congratulations on getting vaccinated.

Kobuk-Thank you for the apology, I appreciate it. These are tough times and it's hard to know who is/isn't being responsible, so I get where you were coming from. It just wasn't a good night for me. Things are better now, though, and again, thank you.

In other good news, I got two VHS tapes from my childhood--Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast--for less than $25 total! Woot! I am so happy to have these pieces of my childhood back again.
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #2161 on: April 29, 2021, 04:12:27 am »

Sorry as well. I reacted wrongly and it was a mistake. I'm sorry.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2162 on: April 29, 2021, 02:51:53 pm »
Thank you for the apology, Kay. I appreciate it.

Getting an eye exam tomorrow. I've needed one for a few years.  :-[
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2163 on: April 29, 2021, 04:22:06 pm »
New battery and charger for my laptop arrived this week.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Beag L. Howler

• Species: Canine
« Reply #2164 on: April 29, 2021, 06:34:54 pm »
Got my new webcam. I am one step closer to being a youtuber! /joke
Beware the poisonous Raisinets!

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2165 on: April 30, 2021, 11:53:14 pm »
Got my new glasses/prescription filled! Have to wait a couple of weeks, but I am glad I finally got a new pair!  8)
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2166 on: May 03, 2021, 12:13:11 pm »
The construction crew is going to get to my fascia boards and guttering this week. Means I wont get much sleep. But this will finally be done.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2167 on: May 05, 2021, 09:18:55 am »
Found a S-130 Course, the only problem it's 8 hours away from me.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2168 on: May 07, 2021, 03:43:19 pm »
Got my second Moderna covid vaccine shot today. :) Feels good to be fully vaccinated now. Feels good to know that I am protecting not just myself, but my family, friends, neighbors, etc. by getting vaccinated. And I got the vaccine shots not because of pressure, or political reasons, but for the simple fact that I want to live. I choose life over death.

For all the other whiny crybaby people who stubbornly refuse to get vaccinated due to various reasons, I say..........GROW UP!  >:(

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #2169 on: May 11, 2021, 10:44:43 am »
Thanks Kobuk, I understand.  Same reason here.  I feel liberated, and proud I can't lend a hand to the virus.  And I can't understand why a vaccine would even be considered political.  Don't all groups get sick as easily? Anyway...
People do not seem to realize that we got lucky, super lucky.
It could have been a virus which scientists could not make a vaccine for.  Or it could have been a virus that outright killed and maimed a higher percentage of people than it did.  Here in US and other 1st world places, the death toll may be bad, but our supportive care is good.  It could have been worse. 
Just get the vaccine so we can end this thing and move on.

My good news is that my dog is being okay since I am working from home today.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2170 on: May 12, 2021, 12:41:23 pm »
Just got my second vax shot today!!! Time to get back to some normalcy. Tonight I'll be 'shopping at curbbies'. That's when you drive around like a stalker and look for things you might need that's been taken to the curb. Great way to find free wood.  This weekend I'll be yard saling and going to thrift stores. I'll still be masked but now free to move as i wish! In a few weeks I'll be visiting my mom. The last time we saw each other was Christmas 2019. Going to have a big meal and sit around and sit around and watch TV.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2171 on: May 15, 2021, 11:06:59 am »
A new todd fox visited my backyard a few times last week. My Mom warned me not to pet it.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Beag L. Howler

• Species: Canine
« Reply #2172 on: May 25, 2021, 02:41:06 pm »
Got offered a new job! Probably still going to be pretty stressful as it's retail, but on the bright side it's something I already know how to do!
Beware the poisonous Raisinets!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2173 on: June 01, 2021, 08:55:00 pm »
Hot water for my apartment building got fixed. :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #2174 on: June 02, 2021, 06:30:51 pm »
My good news is that work place seems to be listening to people now that one of our best and brightest engineers left the company.  Shook people up bad.
So maybe now they can listen and fix things so no more people leave.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.