Author Topic: The "Good News" thread.  (Read 132302 times)

Offline Beag L. Howler

Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Reply #2150 on: April 29, 2021, 06:34:54 pm »
Got my new webcam. I am one step closer to being a youtuber! /joke

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2151 on: April 30, 2021, 11:53:14 pm »
Got my new glasses/prescription filled! Have to wait a couple of weeks, but I am glad I finally got a new pair!  8)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2152 on: May 03, 2021, 12:13:11 pm »
The construction crew is going to get to my fascia boards and guttering this week. Means I wont get much sleep. But this will finally be done.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2153 on: May 05, 2021, 09:18:55 am »
Found a S-130 Course, the only problem it's 8 hours away from me.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2154 on: May 07, 2021, 03:43:19 pm »
Got my second Moderna covid vaccine shot today. :) Feels good to be fully vaccinated now. Feels good to know that I am protecting not just myself, but my family, friends, neighbors, etc. by getting vaccinated. And I got the vaccine shots not because of pressure, or political reasons, but for the simple fact that I want to live. I choose life over death.

For all the other whiny crybaby people who stubbornly refuse to get vaccinated due to various reasons, I say..........GROW UP!  >:(

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2155 on: May 11, 2021, 10:44:43 am »
Thanks Kobuk, I understand.  Same reason here.  I feel liberated, and proud I can't lend a hand to the virus.  And I can't understand why a vaccine would even be considered political.  Don't all groups get sick as easily? Anyway...
People do not seem to realize that we got lucky, super lucky.
It could have been a virus which scientists could not make a vaccine for.  Or it could have been a virus that outright killed and maimed a higher percentage of people than it did.  Here in US and other 1st world places, the death toll may be bad, but our supportive care is good.  It could have been worse. 
Just get the vaccine so we can end this thing and move on.

My good news is that my dog is being okay since I am working from home today.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2156 on: May 12, 2021, 12:41:23 pm »
Just got my second vax shot today!!! Time to get back to some normalcy. Tonight I'll be 'shopping at curbbies'. That's when you drive around like a stalker and look for things you might need that's been taken to the curb. Great way to find free wood.  This weekend I'll be yard saling and going to thrift stores. I'll still be masked but now free to move as i wish! In a few weeks I'll be visiting my mom. The last time we saw each other was Christmas 2019. Going to have a big meal and sit around and sit around and watch TV.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2157 on: May 15, 2021, 11:06:59 am »
A new todd fox visited my backyard a few times last week. My Mom warned me not to pet it.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #2158 on: May 25, 2021, 02:41:06 pm »
Got offered a new job! Probably still going to be pretty stressful as it's retail, but on the bright side it's something I already know how to do!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2159 on: June 01, 2021, 08:55:00 pm »
Hot water for my apartment building got fixed. :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2160 on: June 02, 2021, 06:30:51 pm »
My good news is that work place seems to be listening to people now that one of our best and brightest engineers left the company.  Shook people up bad.
So maybe now they can listen and fix things so no more people leave.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2161 on: June 02, 2021, 06:31:21 pm »
Got offered a new job! Probably still going to be pretty stressful as it's retail, but on the bright side it's something I already know how to do!

Hey, having income is always a bit of good news!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2162 on: June 16, 2021, 12:03:20 am »
My dad isn't dead. Got a little too close for comfort though.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2163 on: June 18, 2021, 09:33:28 pm »
My niece recently received her certificate to become a registered nurse.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2164 on: July 12, 2021, 11:01:48 am »
Completed my S-130 and my S-190 for my Basic Wildland Firefighter course. I apply for agencies this coming October. I also have an option to work with Firestorm Wildland Fire Suppression Inc. On one of their Type 2 IA Handcrews or on one of their Type 3 engines. I just have to get things sorted first and a new car.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2165 on: July 13, 2021, 12:52:56 am »
Awesome Amducious! Instead of a new car ask if you can borrow the Type 3. :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2166 on: July 13, 2021, 06:03:38 pm »
My good news is my dog has a lot less diarrhea.  It has been bad for a bit so I am glad she is showing improvement.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2167 on: July 16, 2021, 11:13:53 pm »
My re-certification F4 rating in water treatment plant operation came through. Also got great reviews on my recent physical exam.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2168 on: July 21, 2021, 12:09:10 am »
The Milwaukee Bucks beat the Phoenix Suns, 105 to 98, to win the 2021 NBA Championship!  :D

Way to go, Bucks!

FEAR THE DEER!

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2169 on: July 25, 2021, 12:45:46 am »
Completed my S-130 and my S-190 for my Basic Wildland Firefighter course. I apply for agencies this coming October. I also have an option to work with Firestorm Wildland Fire Suppression Inc. On one of their Type 2 IA Handcrews or on one of their Type 3 engines. I just have to get things sorted first and a new car.

Sweet! Is this in CA?

Local fair is this weekend. It was a surprising amount of fun for such a small community. Might stop by tomorrow to check out what I have a sneaking suspicion is a furry artist. They weren't there today, but had some beautiful animal paintings.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2170 on: July 25, 2021, 07:55:01 am »
My tomatoes are starting to ripen!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2171 on: August 09, 2021, 11:57:32 pm »
A piece of used electronic test equipment (model 495) was purchased on flea-bag for $900 +120 shipping.  (this is for my job, and I opted to pay for it and see if I can get reimbursed.  Large risk)

Guy from flea-bag called me and said it was too bad to be sold, that the display was broken, and he would refund all my money (good thing!).
He then haggled with me on the phone, and said he may have other things to sell me.  He then produced an item for 10X more cost!
I said no and good bye(of course!)

He them emailed back and offered an "as-is" unit.  He said it was a certain model number...492, which would be good since it has parts to fix my unit at home that went bad.
He shipped it for the cost of shipping at $75 (it is heavy).  He got junk out of his stock.
I waited for a week to get it.  I missed FedEx 3 times because they would not ring door bell nor knock on door.
I was coming home from gas station to see FedEx driving away and another tag on my door.  The final tag.
I then parked the car, it idling. ran after FedEx truck yelling "stop I'm here, I'm Here!!!!"
The man stopped in the road, I signed for the 50lb package and carried it home!

I unpacked the item, it was the wrong item (a model 495) he said it was a 492 model!  He sold me the broken as-is unit he said he would not sell! Ahh!
I powered it on, and it was broken! Useless.
I started to think about how these things work and used logic.
I took it apart, and found a cable was essentially swinging in the breeze, tightened its contacts, and plugged it back in.
Unit works like a dream!!!  Has been working for days now!
HAHA JOKES ON HIM!  :D :D :D 8)

Rule #1 of test instrument repair, visual inspection, tighten cables, clean contacts, jiggle things with plastic rod when powered on.
Rule #2, repeat #1 with good lighting!

I got a good instrument for my job, listed at $900 for $75.
I do not think I will tell him what happened.

But wait there is more!

I then proceeded to swap a part from the NEW unit i just got, with my old one, despite being a different model, and voila, it is fixed!  ( I suspected what was wrong with the old 492 model)  So I know what part in my old one is dead!  And even better news is that part is also available on flea-bag for only $30...free shipping.
I will soon have 2 great pieces of test gear for a whopping $105, not bad when you consider my model 492 still sells for $1500 and my "new" model 495 sells for $900 today.    $2400 of stuff for $105?  yes please!  Can we say re-sale?  At these low prices, I do not need work to reimburse me. 
I wonder if I can make this a side hustle?

(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2172 on: August 12, 2021, 09:39:30 pm »
Had a friendly encounter with another red fox this week. It was looking for breakfast in a nearby ditch. Stopped to visit and it stood up in the cattails to look back at me. Such big ears!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2173 on: August 12, 2021, 09:53:55 pm »

Sweet! Is this in CA?

Local fair is this weekend. It was a surprising amount of fun for such a small community. Might stop by tomorrow to check out what I have a sneaking suspicion is a furry artist. They weren't there today, but had some beautiful animal paintings.

Yes indeed I'm very excited I was up in Chico which is 9 hours away since they were one of the few places offering a Basic Wildand Firefighter course.

Ha I wish Cause those are pretty big I would have a problem parking it.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2174 on: September 05, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »
I'm getting a new werepup in December!